The Paragon Path Towards An Epic Destiny

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"ᚨ Ars longa, vita brevis"
@Syrius @MadamMeow Thanks!

My anxiety is killing me, but I've stopped doomscrolling for one. On the other hands, while things seem to be fizzling out, I'm still stressed. I feel as vulnerable as a kid. The more time I spend in this place, the bigger the risk I'm putting myself into, and I'm not sure of my concerns are real or not, but I do know that I hav a legitimate reason to be concerned. There are some good things, for sure: I'm proficient in English, I came home before sh*t hit the fan, and I have options. I know that I went through bad things before, and I always escape them barely, but this time it feels like an all or nothing situation, like I do not have any time to plan, to think, or to put things in order.

What I'm saying is that I feel I might be in danger. I don't know for sure, but I might be, and none of it is something that I asked for. I feel like I just survived a witch trial and I'm about to be hanged. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I'm paranoid. I'm afraid of stepping out of the house, and it's been three days of pretty much inaction, just hiding in my room, anxious about the what ifs and what if not. Every time the sun sets, it feels like I'm in for a LARP session of This War of Mine. I'm back at a heightened version of what the peaks of the last decade were. Sure, things are (hopefully) fizzling out, but my anxiety is still at its peak. The only thing my head listens as a final hope is the sound of a horn calling me towards safety. It's a figure of speech, really, that I must leave. Even if I don't have anything, I must leave.

August 3rd, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 184

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: 20-Seconds Legs
:x: Before Breakfast Burpees
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Push-ups +EC
Count: 1556 - 1552 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana + 60 Seconds Meditation
:x: Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories

Training Plan:
Altered Valkyrie + Fighter
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:x: 150 Burpees +EC
:x: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings & Calves
:x: 100/50 Strength
:x: Pole Dance Stretches
:v: DAREdice: 8 Push-ups
:x: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:x: 2-Minute Elbow Plank
:x: Daily Walk
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
:x: Belly Dance
Dancing Days: 35

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 3
:x: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 60/365
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 26 - It's time.
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: Cancelled until further notice
:x: 1500 Get!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
:gstar:
1000 Words :gstar: :gstar:
1500 Words :gstar: :gstar: :gstar:

Reading progress:
:v: Can't Hurt Me - 19%
:x: Mozart - 6/20 Chapters

Other Victories:

Sólveig

@Anek Thank you!

Today was better. I wish I could say the same about tonight. I don't think I'll be able to sleep good, as I am supposed to go out tomorrow, and I'm scared as hell... even though nothing is happening around here, I'm scared.

Then again, there is nothing I can do. Life goes on, even when the country is LARPing This War of Mine. When is this going to stop, I don't know... I just want to go back to normal.

At least I managed to squeeze 30 Burpees into my anxiety. That's it. I'm so nervous I can't seem to put the energy into working out anymore.

August 4th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Elbow Clicks +EC
Count: 1557 - 1553 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:x: Burpee Queen +EC
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats
:v: 2-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 4
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: Cancelled until further notice
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:
:x: Can't Hurt Me - 19%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I guess things are starting to drop. I had to snap out of it and took a risk yesterday to calm down, and it was successful. I'm still anxious, but at least is going down a little by little. I can't think straight when I'm riddled with anxiety, so I must take a chill pill every single time I wake up. As long as the LARP still happens, I'm anxious.

So yeah, this is my new default for now. I'm not sleeping early anymore, but something happened yesterday too: I started writing again. In spite of my anxiety, I also started to work out. Just word after word, Burpee after Burpee, one by one, until the numbers started to show up. That's all I have left for now, as I still have to keep telling myself that the rules of the game haven't changed, just that the GM flipped the world apart. I came in at 1845 words too, as I try to figure out my projects as well. Now, I guess that instead of being frozen in fear, I'm taking action, because there's nothing else I can do.

I have a class to give today too, so that'll be an experience that'll lower my anxiety, I hope. It's a... very awful position I got myself into for something that I didn't ask for. Then again, while I do have reasons to be paranoid, there isn't a reason to remain as such. Things are quiet in my area, and again, judging the way I'm seeing everything, maybe they are starting to fizzling out too, which is what I hope it to be.

Not poisoning myself with news again. I woke up yesterday to a TV blasting the morning news that sent me into a panic attack. I could've ignored it, but it's hard to when the volume is pretty high. I ended up switching the channel because it was there just to make noise. Yeah, the dude on TV was all bark and not bite, yet my anxiety doesn't register it as such. Funny thing is that I saw a screenshot of a message that was so blatantly obvious it was fake that even my own anxiety filtered out as a psi-op. Like I said, there's been a lot of psi-ops going around.

200 Burpees today. 1845 words today. I guess it's a good way to start a week after one riddled with anxiety.

August 5th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Side Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1558 - 1554 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: 150 Burpees +EC
7 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Killer Butt +No rest between exercises
:v: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings & Calves
:v: DAREdice: 12 Lunges
:v: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 5
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: 1845 words!
:v: 1500 Get!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
:rstar:
1000 Words :rstar: :rstar:
1500 Words :rstar: :rstar: :rstar:

Reading progress:
:x: Can't Hurt Me - 19%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

150 Burpees. 2553 words total. I noticed that I can write 979 words in half an hour, which gives me circa 2K in 60 minutes. This is incredibly motivating, and while I didn't manage to get my entire goals yesterday, I actually had a jumpstart. I mean everything fell apart last week, and it wasn't my doing, but consequences that I expected, yet I was not expecting it to be worse than before. Everytime I'm waking up, I'm doing it nearly screeching the bed with my nails; that much I am afraid of. Everything from psi-ops, desperate decisions taken, violence, lots of 1%er bikers going back and forth on the streets, complete paranoia, I'm just... I'm quite literally stuck between a rock and a hard place, or using the latin saying from before, between a precipice and a pack of wolves.

The way I see it, I only had three options: either I go through with the blade, I get eaten by the wolves, or I jump. After seeing the amount of words I wrote, it seems that I decided to jump. When it's a matter of life and death, fear is one hell of a motivator. I am no longer able to survive in this place. A mind like mine can be destroyed in an environment as this. I wish there was a way to say that without making it sound so narcissistic, but I just never exploited it the way I had to. I made the terrible mistake of staying here for far too long. I lost my girlfriend, so it's only a matter of time I lose my family, and then my life. I nearly lost another brother just because he got angry, but thankfully mom got him back into his senses and made him stopped. If there's a difference between the three of us is that he was always the fighter, then the adventurer, and me, the creative one.

I don't know what will happen next. I don't think I even want to know. I don't even want to know anything about the current state of affairs, and I'm skipping anything news related, even if it is tempting to go into it. If I catch myself doing so, I'll quickly go into something else, like writing my damned book. A brick for a great firewall was essentially comissioned. Experts say it's difficult to build such a project, and while I agree it is a slow process, that doesn't mean it can't be materialized.

The only thing that I'm reading for motivation is Can't Hurt Me.

August 6th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Vrksasana +EC
Count: 1559 - 1555 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Epic Arms
:v: DAREdice: 10 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 6
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: 2553 words! Golden stars!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
:star:
1000 Words :star: :star:
1500 Words :star: :star: :star:

Reading progress:
:v: Can't Hurt Me - 27%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

@Lallafa six hours of work, and I can punch through 12K in a day. That's nearly 25% of a NaNoWriMo worth of work right there. Don't underestimate my hyperfocus, and this story, while not perfect on the execution (it is a first draft that I didn't edit on the go because I didn't know where it was going towards to), ended up quite better than I expected. For me it should never be about crafting the perfect laboratory narrative, following every piece of advice that says how to craft the perfect story, with al the bits and bobs and the meticulous care on making sure that it has the perfect prose, no, I'm doing pulp fiction, something that is escapist, and I should treat it in the same way an action film should be treated: who needs a perfectly crafted narrative when I have guys with guns? I followed Chandler's advice for this story word for word... TWICE!

With 2002 words, I finished my story. I also gave a class, and faced my major fears. I rationalized a lot of stuff, plus I got a surprise visitor, which already confirmed that my suspicions were for nothing. I spent the entire day not only writing my story, but also meditating about my next move. I jumped into the precipice, and after meditating tonight I feel like I can do whatever I want. The same feeling that I had last week, when all the stuff went down before I started to be paranoid, came back. That same enlightenment, and now something strange is happening: I'm craving the thing that I hate. I'm craving the fear for my life again. I'm craving it because I want to write like my life depends on it.

With one short story done that isn't really a project, it worked for me to test myself and my limits, and the things that I'm able to do. Because my ADHD makes me prone to distractions, and I'm always striving for the next shiny thing because it's new and stuff, I think it's better for me to start making buck by releasing anthologies instead of books with overarching plots. What I mean by this is not just collections of short stories, but also anthological novels in the same way as they are presented in books such as The Colour of Magic (which, let's be real, it's just a few stories in one book), and The Last Wish. In fact, the entire Witcher series is built upon short stories compiled into a single book, and all these stories introduce us to the same characters. This formula works for me because my brain craves the next new thing, and ditching an overarching plot that joins the entire book already simplifies the process.

This is why I had such a great time reading Amadís of Gaul. And while they still have an overarching plot, this is why I love the episodical nature of Treasure Island, and The Man Who Counted. And this is why I love One Thousand and One Nights so much. Amadís of Gaul, if it has an overarching plot, it is so minimal that it really doesn't show beyond than a few moments (I mean, the bond between Amadís and Oriana is the only overarching plot, and it never takes over the story unless their bond is threatened), though the stories are all interconnected.

Is not that I've been writing wrong, or that this is the only type of book that I can write, as I've written other type of books. It's just that this is the type of book that I can write the fastest just because my brain works this way. I can do something that has an overarching plot, but it might require a lot of planning, contingencies, time, and a risk of dropping it out due to boredom. So why not use my own weakness to my advantage and make the project exciting? Besides, I need to write fast at this moment, so the less I complicate myself, the better. I'll have plenty of opportunity to make more complex projects later.

No Burpees today, as I procrastinated them. But I finished my story, and I'm giving myself a pat in the back. There might not be too many victories today, but I feel like the little victories that I had are actually huge, as they're pointing me towards somewhere.

I jumped into the precipice. There's no turning back now.

August 7th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Calf Raises +EC
Count: 1560 - 1556 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: Dopamin Boost +EC
:v: My Happy Place +EC
:v: DAREdice: 10 Push-ups

Challenges:
:x: Lower Body Blast: Day 7
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: 2002 words, and a story finished!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
1500 Words :rstar: :rstar: :rstar:

Reading progress:
:x: Can't Hurt Me - 27%

Other Victories:
Guitar class

Sólveig

Not every book has to be a massive epic, a series of short adventures can be incredibly fun to read!

Agreed. In fact, I remember the intro of the first Witcher videogame. It is a short movie that pretty much tells one of the short stories. I don't recall which at the moment, but it is one of the stories.

Sólveig

Well, X got blocked temporarily. That's not actually the issue, but the reason it got blocked: it's because of a feud the leaders got themselves into. Who would've thought feeding the troll would end up in a decision taken out of spite that might actually do more harm than good? I'm not even talking about censorship. If anything, they also use X on their day-to-day operations. Honeslty, I'm stunned. I should be really worried, and I'm feeding the fear because I didn't write yesterday (I planned the book though, so I'll get myself into it today), but instead of feeding the fear I'm just stunned that this happened over two manchildren throwing temper tantrums.

Yeah... The firewall might happen within a year, at most, if it happens. However, doing that might also put a noose in an already strained economy because it is a huge change, like really, really huge. The ban might be for ten days, but neither X is the only one of its type, nor the entire structure that keeps the government up will resist it. I'm talking about people using X to do traffic reports since the dawn of Twitter back when we had Blackberrys, reporting Internet and power outages, and even contacting official government services for a more direct approach. All of that shut down for ten days, so I believe it is going to strain them more than the people itself. When he started boycotting WhatsApp and breaking... "diplomatic" relationships with the app (which, let's be honest, how do you break diplomatic relationships with something that is not a political entity?) I already knew things started to go really dire if this is their way of commissioning the first block of the firewall. With X though, now I'm scratching my head.

Again, is not really about the censorship, plenty of people can talk in-depth about it. It's about how late to the party these decisions are being taken; so late in fact that many governmental structures use social media to operate, and I wish it was just their psi-ops and propaganda machine, but no...

I'll be honest, things are dire. I've been going out some more as I was forced to do it, and part of my fears started to dissipate. There might be an end once and for all upon the horizon. Then again, it's too soon to say. It might be just another stop, and I'm not staying here to see what that leads up to.

But yeah, I went out today. Just near home though. I'm still afraid because, even if things are quiet around here, I can still feel the tension. It might be just anxiety. It better be.

August 8th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Crunch Kicks +EC
Count: 1561 - 1557 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 4 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 7 | Day 8
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: Planning, not writing
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

It has been quite an interesting second half of the year. What a coincidence that after I broke up with my girlfriend, everything broke apart in this incredibly way, like my entire life started to destroy itself, little by little, up to the point of realizing that the cult of personality that's been in place here is far much traumatizing and deep than I thought, almost similar to one place at the far east. Indeed, the similarities are starting to shine more and more now, very quickly, but also subtly. Sadly though cults of personality are something ingrained in our history since the Independence. I said it before, it made sense back then, but now it feels like it was a huge mistake.

Then again, when everything is destroyed, you can't rebuild it. The only way forward is to keep going, and I will. I'm skipping meditation because I'm writing tonight. However, I also started some commitments, like finally learning the language I am supposed to learn, which now it's going to be easier because I studied some Portuguese before. I even downloaded the anthem of Galicia; the score only. Got my trusty notebook for writing that and I will start tomorrow with the bare basics of Galician. I also got two new notebooks, and in one of which I'll be writing an anthology that features two characters; an anthology that I created as an experiment, and I think I can do something with it, but I'll do it on the traditional way rather than the digital way to keep projects separated.

So yeah, nothing's changed. Just the first brick in the wall, and sure as hell more will come. I hope I'm wrong. I really, really hope I'm wrong about everything.

August 9th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Crunch Kicks +EC
Count: 1562 - 1558 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Orion
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 9
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: There's not much glory in 176, but it's something
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

I barely wrote during the day, though I did have a good warmup session that left me wondering about doing something with my journal. I don't know what would be, but I left it out in the open.

It's been a slow day, and a busy day too. The stress, the uncertainty, the anxiety, everything is getting to me today. I try to stay strong, and logic myself out of it, but it's just...

I want this to be over, you know. I know, I'm saying the same thing over and over, but I just don't care anymore about the end result. I just want some quiet for once. It's been twenty years, and I think we all deserve a holiday from historical events that do nothing but stir the pot. I still want to sleep and just wake up when all of this is over.

Until then, there's just writing.

August 10th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Side-to-side Lunges with Toe Point +EC
Count: 1563 - 1559 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
4 Basic Burpees
:v: Chisel Express - LVL III +EC (126 Basic Burpees)
:v: DAREdice: 16 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 10
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: I'm on it. All I know is that Ihave three pages done as of yet, but I don't recall the entire word count.
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
1000 Words :rstar: :gstar:
1500 Words :rstar: :gstar: :gstar:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

D&D day. We ditched our campaigns for a while because they have some politics involved in the story, and we decided it was best to drop the subject because it's been a couple of exhausting weeks, and we don't want to discuss anything related. Thankfully I prepared a slice-of-life session beforehand with our urban fantasy characters, which served as a form of escapsim. That is what we looked for, and it was fun, though it dragged on for a bit. Then again, my session was only a list in a piece of paper smaller than a 5" x 3" index card, and yet we still had fun. So much so indeed that a subplot came up in the game as we played, which means a fun one-shot that'll be heavily influenced by Fantasy High.

On the other hand, I think I know why I'm writing poorly too. It's mostly related to how I feel when I write. I noticed that I wasn't truly immersed in my writing when I tried on that project, not as immersed as the story that I did this week. It's like I don't have a connection to it, and I'm not sure if it's due to the anxiety induced by how things went sideways, or if that's just a part of it. Thankfully I'm seeing my therapist on Wednesday, I hope. Even though things are very calm here, and the sh*tstorm is mostly isolated in the capital, there's no guarantee when the entire country goes into another sh*tstorm again, as it happened right after the elections.

At least I'm hopeful that things will end. I don't care how it will end, I just want them to end. The sooner the better.

August 11th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Side Kicks +EC
Count: 1564 - 1560 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups

Challenges:
:x: Lower Body Blast: Day 11
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: No, not really
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

So I definitely need something that grabs my attention in order to write instead of forcing myself into a story. It doesn't need to be in a positive way, since quite frankly, urgency and fear is what made me flip the switch at the end of last month. No, what I mean is that I must feel excited when I'm going to write it. When I wrote my last story last week, I was very excited throughout the week about it, and I couldn't stop thinking on where to go next and this and that... it was a fun project that got me invested.

That is what I need to work: to be invested in it. So, tonight, I spent some time figuring out ways to outsmart my ADHD knowing this particular weakness, and instead flip it into an unfair advantage that can make me create stories that can drag anyone deep into it, because I already know by experience that the stories where I've been invested the most are the stories that readers got invested the most too. I dropped all the plot bunnies in a LibreOffice document and started to list the reasons on why I'm attracted to it. I managed to narrow it down to three, and surprisingly, the one that had the least reasons to it won probably because it's the easier project, and the one that gets my attention the most because it is a rather creative take. Not only I have to make fiction shorter than 6000 words (max is 2500 words, in fact), which forces me to keep things tight, but also it excites me in the way that I'm challenging myself to it. I'm looking to tick all the boxes on what motivates us ADHDers, and I guess this is going to work,

I did the math too, and if I'm making 20 stories in a book, I can write it in 5 days of work, and I'll still have time to spare.

So I made the decision, and started planning. Tomorrow I'll keep working on it, and maybe I'll put down the first words. I think it's better to start as small as possible and get some eyes back to me. I still need a plan for that, but for now, I'll do this first, and then I'll figure out the thing about the eyes.

August 12th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 10 Hop Heel Clicks +EC
Count: 1565 - 1561 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
7 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 11 | Day 12
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: I'm doing my best to outsmart my ADHD!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

Bad day. Lack of motivation. Morale on the ground.

I mean, there's no Internet. There was no Internet for the entire day, then it came back at night, and then it went off as I finished writing the log.

I just came back from therapy and I'm using my phone to post. Next critical day will be Saturday, and I'm afraid of what will happen then. Everyone is paranoid, and at least I feel validated when I voiced it today; especially in the unique situation I found myself into. Things are not going to end on Saturday, but I hope they get us closer to an end once and for all.

I'm just afraid of what the days after Saturday will look like next.

August 13th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 10 Sky Diver Push-ups +EC
Count: 1566 - 1562 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: Back & Biceps Express

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 13
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 26 - It's time.
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: It couldn't happen!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I guess it got fixed. Thankfully it wasn't anything related to the current affairs; it was just a problem with the cables in the city that left several areas without Internet, and some without phone. They fixed it, which is good.

As I posted earlier, I also went to therapy, and it was a huge relief to have my paranoia validated. Nevertheless, I'm forcing a lot of logic into my brain because I may have actually dodged a bullet with the luckiest roll of the dice after the unluckiest rolls I've had. Again, I'm still paranoid for obvious reasons, but now I'm accepting that it might be just anxiety. Every day I'm just expecting a call that would blare alarms on me, but I can't just sit still and be locked up when life is still going on, and I have responsabilities to attend to.

I put in my calendar that next Saturday is going to be a dangerous day, so I'm not even leaving the house because it's very risky. People are hoping everything will end on Saturday, but I can't be as hopeful. I think that is just another step towards an end instead of the actual end of things, but that's just my thinking. If anything, everything depends on diplomatic moves and political decisions that both sides are making. Whatever happens on Saturday it's going to end in violence once again. As long as Kristallnacht does not repeat itself here that day...

II hope I'm wrong. When it comes to predictions and thoughts experiments that end up in dire consequences, I always hope to be proved wrong.

Anyway, I went through some of my old writing today. I actually found a thing that I won a contest with, and I have no idea how did I win it because time is all over the place, like I'm using both the present tense and the past tense in narration? The story is quite good though, and it reads quickly, but that mistake eeked me so badly that I had to fix it and put everything in past tense. I also learned how to use Scribus to format a book, and now I have some ideas for a few things. So it wasn't a bad day at all. Just some demons haunting my head.

I didn't work out. Instead, I walked a lot. I needed some sunlight, and extra proof that my fears, while valid, aren't founded in anything. And, of course, it's okay to be paranoid under the current circumstances.

August 14th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:x: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 30 W-extensions +EC
Count: 1567 - 1563 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Sit-ups
:v: Daily Walk

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 14
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27 - It will all be better tomorrow. (Honestly, I hope for that every single day, Challenge)
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: Read some of my old stuff
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I was going to post last night, then I chose not to. Honestly, I'm scared. Tomorrow it's a sh*tstorm day, and I'm going to lock myself inside the house... perhaps even disconnect from the Internet, and just write. The longer this issue drags out, the more anxious I become. The more time passes, the stronger the desire to leave this place and never look back.

I'm scared again. At least I did Burpees, but I am scared.

August 15th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Supergirl Stretch Hold +EC
Count: 1568 - 1564 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Abs, Please - LVL III +Megaset
:v: DAREdice: 4 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 15
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27 - It will all be better tomorrow. (It feels like a joke again)
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: Almost
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

DEFCON 3. That's a good thing. I was in DEFCON 2 before, but now I increased it to 3 because I might be on the right track. What do I mean by that? I mean that I might have, nearly literally, dodged a bullet by complete luck and a very close success on an INT Save that I performed on the 28th. I didn't want to hear anything because I went to a birthday party tonight, and I knew, I just knew, the talk about the current situation was coming, and those who served on that fateful Sunday were going to be a talking point. I tried to hear the least of it because my anxiety went through the roof. I started to feel paranoid, started to regret not bringing my phone with me and make up scenarios about the worst things ever, what might I find once I come back home, and all that jazz, even though I already know that I'm safe. Is not 100% guaranteed, but I know that I'm safe due to pure logic.

I heard that people who served are talking in public. Whether they are forced to or not, matters not. What mattered to me is the message, and while it was just a rumor (which I know it can be true), it did confirm me that I dodged a bullet. It was really, really close, so close indeed that it could've been pure luck, like I said. While I still don't feel safe, I am at least much less anxious knowing that I am not in the crosshairs as of yet. People don't like to admit it, but currently everyone is fair game to anyone, so I don't see this as a rebellion, a revolution, protests, discontent, or whatever you want to call it. I'm seeing this as something that makes far much sense on what's happening: a full blown civil war. Many people are taking it to the extremes in both sides, and it's just terrifying, it's far much worse than what happened in 2018, and many people think everything will be solved tomorrow. That might happen, but the probabilities are far too low to say that it will. This is going to drag for the rest of the year, but there's still hope that it ends before Christmas.

Nevertheless, my plans remain unchanged. They only have been accelerated, and I kid you not, I do not want to stay here for another minute. Even attempting to codify this feels like I'm on some kind of watch list and I might be unalived by my own hand with two bullets on my back. Of course that won't happen because who am I? Just a random everywoman who's looking to stay out of trouble in a war that will end either in a pyrrhic victory or a stalemate. I hope I'm wrong though. For the sake of the country, I hope I'm wrong. My only desire is for this to be over.

Not so much on the workout department, but I've written today. The fear forced me into it, and I even added all my anxieties into the story. It was a good call to do so, as I am processing them as I write. If I can't get rid of them, I might just write about it, right? It feels more like a message on the reason as to why I've been absent for like... six months tops. I thought I'd be coming back feeling better, but it turns out that I'm coming back much worse than when I left in the first place.

August 16th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Jumping Lunges +EC
Count: 1569 - 1565 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 4 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 16
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27 - It will all be better tomorrow. (Not really tomorrow, but hopefully the day after tomorrow)
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: On it. I'm still writing Got 937 words!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

D&D got cancelled, on one hand. On the other, there was no issue around here. It was just another regular day. In fact, things started to go back to normal. There was a powercut on Friday as well, so they're making a comeback.

I rewrote what I did, but I couldn't finish it. Got interrupted a bunch of times. Because D&D is cancelled, I can carry on with it today.

I've also not taken care of my workout, so I'll have to change that too. My anxiety is coming back down slowly, and I'm starting to feel less afraid. If anything, it was all just paranoia, which was completely justified, but still, scary stuff.

August 17th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Side Leg Swings +EC
Count: 1570 - 1566 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 17
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27 - It will all be better tomorrow.
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: 1109 words today!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
1500 Words :rstar: :rstar: :gstar:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

1299 words, 200 Burpees! My ex noticed that the situation is affecting me, and that is precisely why I wrote my current story: as therapy; to process what's going on. I mean, I'm coming back from a hiatus worse than from when I started it, and I don't want to take another one. Right now, I locked myself from whatever's going on around me. For now, things are cooling down, so my anxiety feels pretty much at DEFCON 4 at the moment, which is pretty much regular anxiety.

Besides, I needed to write. I needed to come back. I needed to release myself from some shackles, and I'm switching things up to be more real to myself. If anything, one of the reasons I stopped is because I felt artificial, I felt like I was writing the same story over and over...

I'm on an experimental phase right now, yet I still follow the pulp writer's philosophy and techniques. Having a much lower wordcount as a minimum and a maximum also makes it feel much less daunting, and the fact that I'm focusing only to write short stories helps. I can go for longer, but only if I do them in an episodical manner.

I guess this week will be a recovery week again. Picking back my workouts and stuff...

August 18th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Before Breakfast Burpees
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Elbow Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1571 - 1567 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Rhapsody +EC

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 18
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27 - It will all be better tomorrow. (This time it is, personally)
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: 1299 words today!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
1500 Words :rstar: :rstar: :gstar:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Some anxiety triggered on accident tonight. Snapped out of it too. 196 words; I didn't write much today. I did 210 Burpees total though, and I also finished NaJoWriMo, after slacking for quite a while at the end. I'll write some reflections about my journey tomorrow, as well as something that came up today that, while it fit temathically, I can explore it with better context tomorrow.

At least it has helped me to write. I did those 196 words because I didn't want to leave the day without any word written. It's only a few words, but it already set the mood that I'm looking for in this story.

Overall, a good day, though the evening was a bit of a mess. There was a powercut that went on for four hours, but that was part of the job. I actually worked during that powercut, so nothing got interrupted. I just didn't write as much as I wanted to, or planned, and I only got three out of my six goals, but those other three goals aren't that big considering they require some more time... I guess I'll get some of that time tomorrow?

I planned for me at my best, though I'm not at my best for sure under the current situation. Indeed, I'm at my worst. Then again, I don't feel bad about it. I feel good because I'm coming back. Scared as hell, but I'm coming back, and I'm excited to send a story soon. I'll get into editing tomorrow.

August 19th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Before Breakfast Burpees +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Single Leg Hops +EC
Count: 1572 - 1568 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
7 Full Burpees
75 Full Burpees
75 Full Burpees
:v: Tyr

Challenges:
:x: Lower Body Blast: Day 19
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27 - It will all be better tomorrow. (This time it is, personally)
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: 196 words today!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:
:v: Can't Hurt Me - 35%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

DOMS got me, so no Burpees. Seriously. I tried to do the first Burpee before breakfast and I couldn't get down into a squat without feeling every bone in my body solidify like metal. So yeah, I didn't do Burpees, but I edited my work, and quite frankly, I think no further editing is needed; just one. How the hell did I improve in such away is something that I'll analyze another time, but that was a change of pace for once. I even timed my editing and realized that I could do 500 words of editing every 15 minutes, so I did it all in an hour. Today I'll send my stuff, so here's hoping. I'll be working on more now, and I have time to do so today, in spite of the fact that there will be a powercut. I know that there will be, but I don't mind. I still have a lot of things to do.

August 20th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1573 - 1569 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: Goliath +30 Seconds Rest
:v: 33 Push-ups (Syrius' birthday)
:v: DAREdice: 16 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 19 | Day 20
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: Editing
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:
:x: Can't Hurt Me - 35%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Submitted. I actually added a small foreword; something I shouldn't really do. Now I commited myself to the bit, and I must submit next week.

I overestimated my time today. Honestly, I didn't expect the powercut to be later than estimated, so that killed my productivity. At least I sent a story which, as I said before, didn't require much editing at all. I mean, most of the editing I did it on the first round, and the last round was merely fixing typos and rewriting a few sentences. The only thing I added is a small foreword.

My anxiety nearly kicked in again, but I guess that's on me.

I'll have a few things to do tomorrow, so I'll enjoy myself some sleep now. Too late to mark the challenge, but it's at least earlier than before. Good night!

August 21st, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Knee Strikes +EC
Count: 1574 - 1570 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 21
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: Submitted
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:
:v: Can't Hurt Me - 35%

Other Victories:
Some guitar during the powercut

Sólveig

I got cold feet, and cancelled the submission as soon as I got into the computer. My own fear took over, and then I watched a video and realized I've been feeding my own anxiety by pretty much starting a doomscrolling pattern that I didn't notice.

I journaled yesterday afterwards. I actually had to watch this twice, and then, when I used the AI tool, it spat on me one sentence that felt like it echoed all over the four walls of my bedroom. It was so powerful that I'm considering writing it huge, and then putting it at the top of my laptop's screen:

You are not writing a manifesto; you're writing fiction.

So yeah, that motivated me to submit the story again, and even remove the disclaimer at the start because it brings suspicions, like, why would I put that on that specific story and not the rest since all of it is fiction. Now the website has an issue, so I can't submit anything until that gets fixed.

For now, I'll just keep writing. I actually forgot to post last night. Yes, there were Burpees!

August 22nd, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Balance Hold +EC
Count: 1575 - 1571 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Squats +Weights
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
Dancing Days: 36

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 22
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: Journaling
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Well, I forgot to post yesterday again! And I'm posting early today because I'm just having a slight headache. D&D has been confirmed, but there isn't any planning on my end. I was going to today, but... well, I had to run errands, and it ended up being a complete waste of time.

Not so much though as I actually faced an anxiety that got me good for a while. Everything is back to normal, at least on my end. There is a job opportunity that I've heard; someone is seeking English teachers for a private school. Now, yes, while I am fluent in English (enough to actually be proficient with writing fiction in both my languages), music is my specialty, so I might have to check on the interview because they are looking for people to interview, so... fingers crossed!

A lot of things to be done for the next week. Yesterday was good for writing, but today I'm afraid not. I didn't even get to journal today; that's how bad my time was.

August 23rd, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Side Bends +EC
Count: 1576 - 1572 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Dracarys! - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: Orion - LVL III
:v: DAREdice: 8 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 23
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: 779 words!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

August 24th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 10 Stacked Push-ups +EC
Count: 1577 - 1573 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 10 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 24
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: Nope
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

In spite of the fact that I didn't have the chance to plan anything, we managed to do some D&D, and played some videogames. Not much is to be said about yesterday except that I realized I'm slacking off many things, including Burpees. I'm going through a downfall, and it is pretty obvious why. The dramatic turn of events that happened at the end of last month is still affecting me, and everyone else. Sure, things are back to normal, but you can't shake off the actual feel that everything is wrong; that everything feels wrong, that anything can go sideways in the blink of an eye... While my anxiety levels lowered significantly after going to the city the day before, it manifested itself quite big when I woke up yesterday morning with the nightmare that's causing my anxiety in the first place.

Thankfully I didn't wake up with it today, though I did go to bed very late. Be that as it may, today begins a new week, and not only I have new opportunities for the week, but also I have things to do; things to look forward to. If I keep myself organized, none of this would become a complete mess. That includes having backup systems in place.

August 25th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Split Jacks +EC
Count: 1578 - 1574 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:

Challenges:
:x: Lower Body Blast: Day 25
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Word count pending. I had to go out at my workout time, so I pretty much didn't do Burpees. At least I managed to write some, but is not enough.

I actually don't feel bad today. I didn't sleep enough, and I feel like I ate way too much today. To top it all of, I doomscrolled a bit earlier, and I'm going through an anxiety attack that it's just impossible to stop, or at least it feels like it is. Nevertheless, it was a reminder of two things: to stop doomscrolling because, well, I'm always finding what I'm looking for, and to chill out and not get overwhelmed by the instant rush of emotions.

Wednesday is also another dangerous day, so I'm not going out that day at all. My fight is against this resistance to write that I've got since July, and it has increased since the month ended. Hopefully August will end soon, and so will the rest of the year. I am ridiculously lucky, but I can't push my luck for far too long. After all, in times like this, it is dangerous to go outside. Sadly, no old man can give me a sword, but I'm fine with at least one friend by my side.

August 26th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Side Elbow Plank Rotations +EC
Count: 1579 - 1575 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
7 Full Burpees
:v: 3 x 30 Squats +Weights

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 25 | Day 26
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27 - It will all be better tomorrow. (I hope)
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: Count pending 224 words!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

Oh man, I actually forgot to do the challenge today! I mean, I didn't write tonight other than journaling, but it's the thing that I needed. It helped me to keep solidifying that my fears, while valid, might genuinely be pointless. It's just anxiety, and I have to relax. The nerves are just the shock from yesterday, and from now on it is best for me to truly don't doomscroll for the rest of the year at least. You know how there was a doomscrolling epidemic during the pandemic? Yeah, that was a thing... an epidemic on top of a pandemic already. Anyway, the doomscrolling epidemic was because of all the hopelessness around those times, the anxiety, the nerves... and, of course, media profiting from all of that. We all wanted answers back then, but all we got is more fear than ever.

Now I'll have to admit that doomscrolling isn't just literally going into a device and just scrolling through social media. It can also be turning on the radio or the TV to get the news. Sometimes I end up doomscrolling not on my own volition, say for instance, I'm taking a shower, and a TV is on with the news blaring, which is not good because... you know, they always know how to make the content engaging, and of course, fear is the thing that sells, fear is what get the eyes in them. Who cares about mental health anyway?

But yeah. As I journaled, and did my workout, which by the way, I cut the Burpees at 30 because I just felt very bad... as I journaled, I realized that everything that went down wasn't going in the same logic as I thought. That's when I got more evidence that I might truly, almost literally, dodged a bullet. The irony is that I wouldn't have come to that conclusion if I didn't doomscroll on Monday. My own ideals might have actually saved my life, thus I am nothing but a mere ghost, a gust of wind, nothingness... and I couldn't be more grateful than being just that, in this current age of 2024.

The month is nearly over. Only 127 days left before 2025.

August 27th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 10 Full Burpees +EC
Count: 1580 - 1576 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Super Switch +EC
:v: DAREdice: 8 Lunges

Challenges:
:x: Lower Body Blast: Day 27
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 28 - Stronger in the morning.
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: Journaling
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Survived another day. Not much done today. Let's say ADHD took over, again, or it could be anxiety, or stress... I don't know. At least I got focused on something.

I compiled some of my writings for once, including my NaNoWriMo from 2020, which saddens me that the sequel that I managed to do the following year was lost due to the hard drive breaking after it was over. At least it gives me another shot at it because that attempt was a bit bad, but now I'm seeing an opportunity in this book. I may have not realized, but when I went to the city before election day, and even walked around the city at very late hours at night on election day, the neon lights sparked something that was what triggered me into writing that story which made me measure the fact that I can write 2000 words per hour. That place works perfectly for my NaNo from 2020 because, as it sits, just there, completely raw, it is completely orphaned from a setting. It does want to have a setting, but I've taken it into different places so many times already that it really doesn't feel like it belongs somewhere, and I found it.

Not only that, but I'm also considering writing my actual novel; the one that I wanted to do this year. I may be in the middle of an indecision. Like I said, ADHD took over. It's not the novelty this time, but the fact that these two projects feel a lot more relevant at this moment than anything I could ever write. Sure, they are timeless, but what happened over the past month shaped this new vision in which I can go even more in depth on the themes that I put on them. I don't think I can do three books simultaneously while working on short stories, but this is something that I have to do. It's my call for it, and with good priorization (and better time management), I can work it out. I've heard somewhere that we overestimate what we are able to accomplish in a day, and we underestimate what we are able to accomplish in a year. I may have a long to-do list tomorrow, but thankfully the first items are short.

Also, I did not doomscroll today, so that's two days without doomscrolling in a row! I'll have to admit I was VERY tempted, but immediatly stopped before I even went into it. If anything, I only scrolled through memes on Facebook, in which I already filtered all politics and news out of it. I want to have fun, not be more anxious. I'm already enough anxious as it is under the current circumstances; I don't need another push.

August 28th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Balance Front Kicks +EC
Count: 1581 - 1577 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: Day 27 +Weights | Day 28 +Weights
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 29 - It makes a difference.
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Well, I didn't post yesterday because it was already bed time. I was going to this morning, but... There's been a nation-wide power outage that lasted for 20 hours.

Anxiety? Stress? Flashbacks? Reliving that trauma? Nope, none of that happened today. Instead, all I got was pure schadenfreude. The power went out in most of the country? Good! Especially nowdays! Many saw it as a bad thing, but I honestly saw it as the best thing that could happen. Sure, I might have lost once again the workshop I was going to host. My plans might be tossed out the window. The day was a complete loss, but I didn't care because, today, everyone suffered... including the powerful. What happened today only accelerated their fall, and I'm just happy that it happened.

Had this been a year ago, two, or three, I might be desperate, but because it is today, and because it happened during a critical time in history, I couldn't be desperate. I just enjoyed the time off because, once again, the powerful suffered. Didn't even doomscrolled today; I simply spent the day reading books. Physical books just to make my phone's battery last in case it required more than 20 hours, but 20 hours was enough.

August 29th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Side-to-side Jumps +EC
Count: 1582 - 1578 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Unbound
:v: DAREdice: 16 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Lower Body Blast: :completed: Day 29 +Weights | Day 30 +Weights :star:
:v: Get to Bed on Time: :completed: Day 30 - Achivement unlocked. :rstar:
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

August 30, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Squat Hold Calf Raises +EC
Count: 1583 - 1579 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Get to Bed on Time

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:

Challenges:
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Session prep for D&D. I actually managed to do it in a single day, including the drawing for a region map. It's the urban fantasy campaign, and it'll take place in a small neighborhood in the city, so I went to Google Maps, scouted the location, drew all streets and put everything in it. Real locations, but fake people inside. There was a store that had a name that sounded more like an esoteric shop instead of a boutique, so I changed it into an esoteric shop.

I also decided to make it like a soap opera instead: a web of intrigue with a cast of NPCs related to one another in some way or another, and the players will disturb that web. Needless to say it saves me from writing an entire railroad, and I'll pretty much improvise anything and everything on the spot. All I did was prepare the region, the characters, the BBEG for the session, and the web of intrigue, which fitted nicely in a single sheet of paper with just the character names circled out, and a bunch of arrows connecting everything, with the relationship written on top of it.

I got interested with that because that's an idea I got from yesterday, during the power outage. There was a video from Black Lodge Games that adviced to build a campaign like a soap opera, and it got me thinking that I could experiment with that structure. In fact, I might use it more often than I think. It's very simple, and the story pretty much builds itself once you start making just two links. When I was linking the characters I noticed how I started to come up with links that otherwise wouldn't have made any sense, but now I have a web of intrigue that it sets it up for quite a dramatic comedy since that's the tone of the campaign so far: an high fantasy / urban fantasy comedy with some drama sprinkled in it. Yeah, I tossed everything in it to make it a more slice-of-life approach, and I like it better that way. There's always a new story, the hooks will be endless, and having characters locked in a low level makes it so that it doesn't break the game, and it keeps things contained so that I don't get to use the more epic stuff because it's turning into heroic fantasy now. If anything, I can always do a ruling for a higher level feature, or give out an improvised consummable item because it's always fun. Besides, it hasn't gotten stale yet. In fact, we're more than ever looking forward to this than the other stuff, especially since we all want to take a break from politics. No need to bring that up to our fantasy games. Let them be either about a party of four teenagers getting into mischief (one of them is the son of our Monk / Warlock), or a party of four bikers who enjoy to gossip a lot about the Monk / Warlock's web of love interests until he finally made things up with his ex wife.

We are still making fun of him for buying a brand new TV for her just because she went completely jealous for hanging out with a girl in the club that isn't even remotly interested in him. Don't get me started on last session when the Fighter got into a fight with him just because he didn't want to carry his bike in his truck. The player was so in character that we all broke into tears of laughter. Like I said, comedic fantasy; a slice-of-life thing.

Next session: the teens are summoning a ghost, and now the entire neighborhood is spooked. It's the usual slasher type of plot hook, with the twist that the ghost isn't haunting the rebellious teens, but is following an actual purpose that lies somewhere inside that neighborhood. They are actually afraid and looking forward into this becoming a Project X style of session. Whatever comes out from this unhinged comedy that will follow tomorrow, I am actually hoping that we get to do more stuff in this very same region, with the same characters. Having four teenagers completely destroy a rich neighborhood while chasing a ghost they summoned on an ouija board? That's sounds very D&D.

The party so far follows the same build-up from the other GM's campaign when it comes to races. It was actually his idea to make counterparts in the urban fantasy campaign. Because one of the characters is the son of his Fighter, and in my Cleric's backstory she got her life saved by the Monk he played when his Fighter died. His Fighter counterpart in th urban fantasy campaign is the Monk / Warlock, and he has two kids; one being the counterpart of a kid he adopted in the first campaign, and the teenage son being the counterpart of the GMPC he has in his campaign. The races remain the same: Half-elf, Tiefling, Dragonborn, and Bearkin. The classes are different though. So far we have a Warlock, my Artificer (Alchemist), a Druid, and I guess the Dragonborn will still remain a Bard? I haven't gotten the confirmation from it.

Nevertheless, the character build will be easier this time. Ability and Background proficiencies over Skill proficiencies, plus four Personality Trait proficiencies for situational moments. I'm also adding the proficiency die because it's fun. Since our characters have been done before, all we'll be doing is rolling them up and entering the game immediately.

Honestly 5e is so much better with less stuff.

August 31st, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Alt Arm / Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1584 - 1580 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats +Weights

Challenges:
:x: 1000 Squats: Day 1 +Weights
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: Session prep
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
Drew a region map!

Sólveig

570 Burpees over the last week. It is above 50% of my weekly input minimum, but still... I've had a rough month. Let's be real; the last couple of months have been horrible. One was stressful, and the other one was anxiety 24/7. I'm still anxious, no doubt, but at least I'm on a much better position than before. I'm no longer doomscrolling, and now I'm trying to have some sense of normalcy.

In order to establish what I want, I decided to start planning my weeks properly, but I'll start small by planning just the day from the day before, and so on. Nevertheless, I still divided some tasks to do over this week among the days, so I'm still planning my week, I guess? I just want to have some stuff to do at some hours and put myself to use those hours instead of just wander aimlessly without any sort of routine.

D&D was good today too. It didn't end up as I wanted it to be, but it ended up as a pilot for more stuff to come. They didn't stumble upon the web of intrigue yet, but some people appeared, and I feel next session I plan with this is going to be less exhausting. Much, much less exhausting. The soap opera structure makes plots easier. Pretty much makes the biggest work making up Dungeons and filling them with Monsters and Loot instead of leaving a bunch of bread crumbs or railroading my players into the plot because they are missing the plot hooks. Seriously, it happened today: the game started with them playing with an ouija board, and they streamed it because one of the characters is a Twitch streamer, so of course they had to stream themselves playing the ouija. When the ghost escaped the board, instead of discussing the ghost that was literally making a show about its escape, they ended up discussing about a character's source of income, which derailed into a discussion in which I participated because it was too hilarious and too in character of all of us so it felt completely natural that things went into chaos without them stopping it because they ignored a ghost they summoned escaping from their control. When they metagamed about it, I coudln't help but laugh because it was SO them! They even set up a brick joke and completely forgot about it (I knew they would), and I ended the session by finishing the brick joke, which was the best way to end such an unhinged session that ended with not one car getting stuck in a pool, but two trucks. It was Project X if Project X was done by Monty Python instead.

I loved today's session so much.

E: The ouija board also doubled as a chopping board, which made them both worry and laugh. Indeed, what hijinks I may have up my sleeve... A chicken thigh coming back to life after chopping onions? That may work for some anecdotes for my GMPC, or even noodle incidents. I prefer to keep them as noodle incidents.

September 1st, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Side Jacks +EC
Count: 1585 - 1581 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:

Challenges:
:v: 1000 Squats: Day 1 +Weights
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

There were no Burpees today, or at least no more than 60. I was going to do them, but the power got cut for half an hour, and I changed my plans. I nearly skipped my workout, but as soon as it went back on, I did it.

I planned for today, but I didn't do much. I woke up late, spent too much time at the nonprofit, then came back home, got thing rushed... but I did do some small steps forward. Not only that, but I also went to bed to a better time today.

Then why the hell am I posting at this time? Simple: I'm on the watch. Yeah, tonight is my first night trying the medieval sleep, so this was a good time than any better to post. Not only that, it is also the best time to write, as I won't have any interruptions whatsoever. Let's see where does this takes me.

September 2nd, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 High Crunches +EC
Count: 1586 - 1582 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
7 Full Burpees
:v: Wrecking Ball - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels

Challenges:
:v: 1000 Squats: Day 2
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: Ended up plotting an entire book with just one step. No new words just yet. 869 words to finish a story that was pending.
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

60 Burpees. Those 10 extra were because of the DAREdice. I didn't want to do them. In fact, my plans changed for the day completely. I didn't do anything.

Not exactly true, but that's the thing. I didn't even journaled until right now. This is my second night doing the medieval sleep, and I am literally giving a rain check for writing because a storm begun one hour before I woke up from the first sleep, and it has turned electric. The good side is that the temperature is lowering (finally!). And the reason I'm saying that it isn't exactly true the fact that I didn't do anything is because I did a lot of walking for three hours. Good side: mom and I had some unfinished errands and we finished them today.

I guess I'll spend my watch journaling, so I'll be out of electronics for the night. I can still upload my log, so...

September 3rd, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Balance Leg Swings +EC
Count: 1587 - 1583 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
2 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 8 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: 1000 Squats: Day 3 +Weights
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:x: Literally rain check.
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

200 Burpees, and some editing done during my current watch.

I didn't do much during the day. Mostly waiting and a lot of wasting time. I'm not forcing myself to do things, which is slightly bad because I made my plans, but I'm not executing them. Maybe this is due to them changing over the week, but I know I'm also getting distracted.

However, I shouldn't be so hard on me considering the victories I have on my belt. I've had some successes this week, so I shouldn't dismiss those. Besides, today was also productive in the sense that I finally planned out a tool I've been wanting for a while, and now I can develop it. It's only a matter of making it.

E: Wrong dice roll.

September 4th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Plank Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1588 - 1584 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
None yet
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Stand & Deliver - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels

Challenges:
:v: 1000 Squats: Day 4
Bucket List:
Empty right now

Writing progress:
:v: Edited 1000 words out of 2000
Writing Tiers:
500 Words