The Paragon Path Towards An Epic Destiny

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"ᚨ Ars longa, vita brevis"
They weren't victories in the sense that I did them up to completion, but I did have some progress. My session for Sunday is 50% done (Vigilante City; I can finish it in one hour or less), I checked up a character sheet of a solo one-shot, and even drew lesson XIV, reaching halfway through it before my time ran out. There was a powercut in the afternoon, and I thought I'd do something about it, but I couldn't. Nevertheless, my walk took longer than it should have, and I regret it slightly.

I did an emergency workout though. Grabbed my dumbbells and did 3 sets of 20, exercise by exercise: Lunges, Squats, Bridges, and Sit-ups. That's it. It was simple, but I still broke a sweat.

Meditation went great tonight. I'm making sure to have my future clear, plus I also checked up a few artists that I admired and took up on a few goals for drawing so that I can reach to that level. Of course, it'll take me years to get there, but I can get started. Ten years ago, I didn't have any clear goal, and that is what makes me to drop out of things. Now, I have a clear goal.

I also wrote out everything that I wanted yesterday, and while I haven't checked it out, I'm going to hyperfocus in two things: writing and drawing. Anything else is suspended. Dancing is something that I can add to my regular training, so that's not going anywhere though.

May 24th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 178

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: 20-Seconds Legs
:v: Before Breakfast Burpees +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Shoulder Taps +EC
Count: 1485 - 1481 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana + 60 Seconds Meditation
:v: Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories

Training Plan:
Altered Valkyrie + Fighter
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:x: 150 Burpees +EC
:v: 3 x 20 Lunges +Dumbbells
:v: 3 x 20 Squats +Dumbbells
:v: 3 x 20 Bridges +Dumbbells
:v: 3 x 20 Sit-ups +Dumbbells
:x: 30 Seconds Side Splits
:v: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings & Calves
:x: 100/50 Strength
:x: Pole Dance Stretches
:v: DAREdice: 12 Sit-ups
:v: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:v: 2-Minute Elbow Plank
:v: Daily Walk
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
:x: Belly Dance
Dancing Days: 29

Challenges:
:v: Core: Day 24
:v: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 52/365
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 1 - I've got this.
Challenge Rebooted
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast
Upper Body Blast

Writing progress:
:x: Nope
:x: 1500 Get!
:x: Daily 1500

Reading progress:
:x: Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself - 86%
:x: GURPS Lite - 78%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Alright, I'm not doing stuff today, other than session prep. The reason is that I had a thing to do on the afternoon. Nevertheless, I got my session done, at least, plus I also did something unique for that session: I used the tarot to build it up completely... somehow. There's a seven-card deal on tarot, so instead of using a Spanish deck of cards or a tarot deck (which I don't have), I grabbed one of my Poker decks (the one that is the most worn out) and built a Deck of Illusions. After dealing the seven cards and revealing each monster, I built upon it to create the entire session. The players won't be facing the monsters as such, since this is ICRPG, not 5e, and I'm not converting 5e monsters to ICRPG to put in Vigilante City, but stuff like the monster's CR or lore gave me some ideas, as well as a few monsters that ICRPG's manual has. My surprise was that I dealt the Knight and Four Guards card as the fourth card, which was the best point in the story to introduce a new hero to the team since that's where we left off in the previous session (one character told the other that maybe they should pick up on their idea of assembling a superhero team to fight the threats around the city), and this NPC came up only two days ago, and I created it just last night. The other surprise was dealing a Joker as the final card. The Joker, on the Deck of Illusions, creates an illusion of the owner of the deck, which meant that either I must insert myself, the GM, as the main antagonist, or make the story seem aware of itself, but that can get boring really fast on the table. Instead, I took it as a "you choose what you want to happen" card, and that's when I did. There was an Iron Golem dealt, which helped me to build a miniboss.

The threat level for this session is quite high, so I must leave a lot of stuff for the heroes to replenish.

Now, as for the thing, it was a party for mother's day at the non-profit. Fun stuff, even though there was lots of sugar. Since I was also dealing with logistics, I didn't bore myself to the end too, which saw me in the way as not using my phone as much, plus I only brought my hipster PDA once to jot down an idea... which I wrote in English, slightly phonetically, using the cirillic alphabet. It does look like gibberish, and while it feels like I'm jamming my inner speech when I read it, I can understand it if I read it out loud. That's probably the most interesting approach I've had for encrypting an idea from prying eyes in public, and I want to do that everytime I can because it's almost impossible to find someone who is able to understand the cirillic alphabet here... and I like that alphabet more than the latin alphabet, if I'm being honest, mostly because it includes sounds that Spanish has, but they must be written combining two letters. I still love the ñ though.

May 25th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Staggered Deadlifts +EC
Count: 1486 - 1482 +EC

Night Routine:
:x: Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:x: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings & Calves
:v: DAREdice: 16 Jumping Jacks
:x: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:x: Daily Walk

Challenges:
:v: Core: Day 25
:x: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 53/365
Challenge Rebooted
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast
Upper Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: Session prep: 2K words of more story than mechanics.
:v: Daily 1500

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I'm not focusing tonight.

At least ICRPG went well. Not only the session wasn't as lethal as I thought it would be, but it was fun, even though it was a bit of a slog a few times, mostly because we had to look stuff up because we don't play Vigilante City that often. I actually had to switch a player from D20 rolls to using the Deck of Cards, because the amount of Nat 1s that he had was so bad that Battlefury got triggered way too often today, reaching up to six at one point. It was bad, like really bad, but Battlefury helped. I actually modified the Battlefury rules too, so it is even more powerful now. Besides, the players actually used their powers for something more than what the rules had them written for, to which I finally said a huge "YES!" at the end of the session, because I wanted for them to break free from 5e's crunch, as if 5e was too crunchy, but you know, when you limit yourself to the move, action, bonus action, and reaction economy, it really does ingrain to you on your brain. Yes, they may have slaughter the boss in two rounds, but being a more laid back GM was not the point. The point is to force themselves to actually be creative instead of restraining themselves to what RAW say. Because one was controlling two characters, and I had several NPCs at my command to help them, I actually used the NPCs to do some tandem actions since they all act on my turn, thus I suggested them to actually do that to have more chances at winning. What do you know? They came up with maneuvers that they could never do with D&D due to something called "Initiative." As soon as I told them to act in tandem with characters that are nearby, they made the entire beatdown look like a cakewalk, and just for flavor, I told the player who got the final hit to roll for damage using the gun he invented/modified with the Gadgets power for his new character. As soon as I saw the amount of damage he did went from -20 and beyond the negatives, I stuck to the rules and told him that he just pulverized the boss, turning it into ashes. At the end of it, I felt like I just watched an amazing episode of a superhero TV show, and congratulated them for actually acting like superheroes instead of sticking to RAW. There's a reason why I find rules-lite system more fun than crunchier systems, and it is the creativity for things that gives way into actions such as these.

Anyway, it was fun. ICRPG is fun. And using a deck of cards instead of a D20 was also good fun, especially that time where I dropped a King and a 10, or two Aces, pretty much giving me a Nat 20 on those rolls. In ICRPG, replacing the D20 with a deck of cards is quite simple: Aces are worth 11, Face cards are worth 10, and Jokers are always an auto-fail. The Joker only appeared once, and the book also explains that I can replace all dice with a deck of cards. Ghost Mountain has an entire class built around using a Deck of Cards instead of dice: the Gambler, and it is a very interesting class.

What can I say? Hank is a pretty creative guy.

May 26th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Back Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1487 - 1483 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 10 Sit-ups
:x: 2-Minute Elbow Plank

Challenges:
:v: Core: Day 26
Challenge Rebooted
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast
Upper Body Blast

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I wasn't thinking straight last night. I was about to post, but got completely frustrated at one point that I just went to bed. I spent the day expecting for a powercut that never happened, which lead me to not do anything but finish my drawing... and then the inking of it got screwed up because of my fan, and how it got stained with my marker, so I had to make a background completely improvised that not only was it bad, but also took away attention from the main subject.

That's not why I'm all gloomy today. No. I'm gloomy today because I woke up to some news that I'm still processing, and I still don't know what to do. It's been three hours since then, I've meditated, and now I'll be journalling, but I'm hurt about this. My girlfriend broke up with me again, and this time it feels like it is for real. It was all of the sudden, and it hit me like a truck. To be honest, I was expecting something like this to happen, but not this soon, and not right now. I don't know what to make of it. I can't think straight. I almost went down that road again if it wasn't because something pulled me back from it.

On one hand, I feel freer, But on the other hand, I feel completely hollow, like I just lost all my will. I want to keep moving forward, but then I have to deal with this, and it's...

I'll just post my log and that's it. I am not thinking straight. I'm not in danger, but I am not taking it well. I may look like I'm taking it well, but I am not taking it well at all.

May 27th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Balance Side Lunges +EC
Count: 1488 - 1484 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: 150 Burpees +EC
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: The Extra Mile - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Butt Lift +EC
:v: 7 Extra Full Burpees
:v: Pole Dance Stretches - Stretch #2 to #6
:v: DAREdice: 12 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Core: Day 27
:v: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 53/365
Challenge Rebooted
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast
Upper Body Blast

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I don't know how to deal with this. I made a decision, but I feel is probably the stupidest decision I've ever made. Is it the loss that forced me to take it? Am I clinging into some last bit of hope? I don't know. A huge part of me says that no good will come out of that, and I'll end up worse than today, but I just want to grasp to the last bits of hope I could have...

I've been crying throughout the day. I've also never felt this lonely before, to the point that I don't believe anyone who says the opposite. Like it happened before, I quit working out, but stuck to my routine. I also took a different route for walking because... well, I needed to get some air, to touch some trees and feel some nature. It was a longer route, but the way back was very peaceful. I wish I could've chilled at some park for five minutes, but it's been a rainy day, and everything was wet.

I just don't know what to do now. Six years, blown up because of my inaction. And now that I was finally taking some action, it was too late. What is it that comes next? I don't know; I have no idea. I'm scared of tomorrow again. I'm scared of everything again. I didn't eat much today, I pretty much spent the majority of the day in bed, crying, trying to make sense of this. It took me until nearly 5 PM to actually start my day, and now all I feel is defeat, like no matter what I do, it's all for nothing.

I had to scratch one of the consequences of my main goal now, because it happened today. I read those again, and I don't even know how to feel about any of them. I'm still on a hiatus, and now, I'm just thinking about quitting for real. Not just writing, quit everything.

But then, that would be an even stupider decision than clinging on to what last little bit of hope we have. Because we still love each other; we still care for each other. The distance, however, became overwhelming, and one of us caved in. All I can think about is how is this my fault, even though it was her decision, I'm still blaming myself for not being the girlfriend I was supposed to be. I thought it was possible, but it was all doomed since the very beginning.

I don't want to feel alone, but I don't want pats or sorries anymore... All I want is for the suicidal ideations that creeped back on me a couple of hours ago to vanish, because this is not worth the effort of doing that. I want them to go away, so I can think straight again. I want them away so that I can finally recover and fight back. I don't want to give up on her just yet. I want to at least fight until I fail the final death save. Only then I will admit defeat.

May 28th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Prone Reverse Fly +EC
Count: 1489 - 1485 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 12 Squats

Challenges:
:x: Core: Day 28
Challenge Rebooted
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast
Upper Body Blast

Writing progress:

Reading progress:
:v: Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself - 89%

Other Victories:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Breathe, meditate, reduce your self-care and training routine to the essentials, remove everything that isn't needed and make space and only when you've centered yourself decide what to do. :love:

Sólveig

@graoumia It was a long-distance relationship that started in the early months of my weight loss journey. What happened is that I didn't leave the country over the past six years due to an undiagnosed ADHD, money restrictions, how everyone in my life kept pushing me to keep studying even after I was clearly burned out, my brother's death, and the final nail in the coffin: the pandemic. She waited for too long. Nevertheless, I couldn't have gone through all of that without her.

@Fremen I'll only stick to Burpees and the challenges. Honestly, I'm still in no mood to train.

Sólveig

Is not even June, and our ISP decided to cut the Internet because we're in debt! How fun!

Still, it doesn't matter. Is not about today, really, is about yesterday. I actually felt quite bored and lonely, so I decided to do what I've seen Trevor Duvall for 16 episodes now, but I didn't want to make it with D&D or ICRPG... Then, I found myself making right on the spot two interesting vampires, and played a Vampire: The Masquerade one-shot with Mythic GME that ended up like a good quality story. It's just barebones, but it's still 6 hours of pure roleplay that gave me 7418 words worth of a story that could be a TV pilot due to how contained it is, and how open-ended it remains, with lots of loose threads that could expose a much bigger story. I didn't plan to make it within my chronicle, but now I want to put it in my chronicle because... well, I love that Coterie of two, and judging by the way it ended, there might be more people inside the Coterie.

It felt good to actually do something really fun. It felt like playing Bloodlines all over again; almost like the first time when I played Bloodlines that night, just going around Santa Monica, strolling under the rain, exploring every little corner looking for quests, and wondering about that mission of the serial killer because it really intrigued me, or how amazing was Rosa with her deranged Auspex that ended up breaking the fourth wall with a line that has aged as perfectly as milk (Troika Games no longer exists, Activision is awful, and after Paradox got White Wolf, they are turning the World of Darkness away from Mark Rein·Hagen's exploitaition, gothic, punk, and pulpy feel vision it had for it). My one-shot pretty much revived the World of Darkness. I told my ex because she would've loved this story that I took my Mickey Spilleane pills while I played. Seriously, there was a point in the story that was such a signature move of my writing that all I could think of is "this, this moment right there, is me, and this is why I write so good, and this is why I'm so memorable."

I want to harness that. Man, what is it with Vampire: The Masquerade that always appears in my darkest times, and then brings me back up? I felt like a kid again. Sure, I might have used three different deck of cards instead of D10s (virtual or real), and it got longer because of it, but that was just better. Three pack of cards for D10s is much better. I might look for ways to accelerate the game, but that was fun. Combats weren't as long as I expected them to be, but they were very memorable. It's just that Mythic has a love for drama, and I thought my Coterie would've died in a precise moment, but they didn't!

May 29th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 15 Sky Diver Push-ups +EC
Count: 1490 - 1486 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Core: Day 28
Challenge Rebooted
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast
Upper Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 7418 words of pure roleplay!
:v: 1500 Get!

Reading progress:
:x: Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself - 89%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I have a busy weekend ahead. I also took the decision in which I must find a way to keep myself accountable, something more effective than this log. There's writing 250 words daily, which I can start tonight since I have an idea that I'd like to work with. I have my projects organized again. Of course, each vault must be organized better, but I have them organized.

I don't really know what to say. It was mostly just organizing stuff, from the one-shot of yesterday that I decided to turn it into a prequel of what my chronicle is supposed to be. I need to adjust some stuff, but the mechanics won't change. Flavor-wise, it will all remain the same. It's just that the timeline will be different.

It's the thing that I did yesterday that's pushing me up to writing again. Mythic is something that I didn't use as a whole, and even though what I wrote yesterday, that precise moment that wasn't really as much of a dice roll (I actually rolled for the NPC using my PC's score as difficulty; did not use the Fate chart for this), but the flavor of the events was the signature of my narrative. Like I said, when I wrote that, I didn't see any other writer who would've written that. It was only me who could've wrote such a thing. Only one sentence in a solo RPG game was enough to show me, to prove me, that I'm not a hack, I'm not a fraud, and in fact, I am so much better than I think I am, and I must take advantage of moments like this in all of my stories, because this is what makes me memorable.

I also took an even stupider decision. Like I said, even if it is a pipe dream, I'm not giving up on her as easily, especially if I still have one final shot. It is a leap of faith, but now I have to act. That's what the result of my meditation was like today. Went back through the same steps, and ended up with one word only: act. Even if I fail, I can still feel pride in my actions because I acted. While that's still a concern, I am certain that I won't fail, because I refuse to fail.

May 30th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Side Bends +EC
Count: 1491 - 1487 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong
:v: Ideogram Qi gong: Xian
:v: DAREdice: 10 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Core: Day 29
Challenge Rebooted
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast
Upper Body Blast

Writing progress:
:x: Not yet. Let's hope I get a page done

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Busy day. There was an attempt to write yesterday, which was cut thanks to a powercut. Then, I just needed to be busy. I had to give my journalling workshop, out of which I came out thinking "Journalling is awesome!"

Nevertheless, I don't think I can get out of this as soon as I did before. Last time it took me an entire year, but this time? I don't think I can heal after a year, especially if we're still in contact, as friends though... I just don't want to give up on her, at least not now... I nearly had a panic attack which I actually managed to stop before it even started, so that was an interesting experience. The general advice is that I should focus on myself. Can do my job and actually sit down to write just so I can get further away from here and get closer to her be considered as such?

I don't know. All I know is that I'm crazy. I'm doing something that is dangerous, that might get me even more hurt, and perhaps killed if my heart isn't strenuous. Wouldn't it be ironic for the Burpee girl to die out of a broken heart? Humor is bittersweet... but my writing is improving.

So I sat down to finish a character sheet last night, and worked on her backstory because I honestly had no idea about what to put in there. So, I randomly generated one through the use of Mythic, and some D20 Modern rules, even though I'm using GURPS Ultra-Lite for her. What did I get? One of, if not, the most interesting backstory I could've ever written. And there it was again, the same signature writing that I have, written as a bullet point instead of a description of what happens.

I imagine that when Hemingway said that all you need to do is bleed, he didn't mean that literally. Then again, it is my spirit that's bleeding onto the page, not my body. If writing has to be my bandages again, so be it. Nevertheless, I. Am. Not. Giving. Up. On. Her. Not when I am taking steps towards it.

My north still remains.

May 31st, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Raised Leg Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1492 - 1488 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Core: :completed: Day 30 :star:
Up Next: Upper Body Blast
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: GURPS Ultra-Lite character creation (backstory), howmany words it took, I don't care.

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

@Syrius Thanks!

BUSIER day, and I got things to do this month. The monthly meeting of the non-profit went down, and I nearly volunteered to be in the directive instead of an associate, taking the secretary position, but I chose not to. I already have a lot of things in my plate, and I do want to let go on a couple of things, but the meeting went well. My journalling classes are still going, and I'm expecting for more people to join next time, as I'm doing them on the last friday of each month. Not only that, but I also took advantage on my position to spy on a couple of classes that are actually linked to my goals. Things are starting to rearrange themselves again.

I also finished my GURPS Ultra-Lite character, wrote her backstory, and rolled a few things to finish the roleplaying card. The backstory alone already showed me the vibe I must go after, now that I found my identity in my writing. I'm also in the mood of picking some stuff back up, and getting myself better organized, as I'm managing my projects. Some of those might be hobby things first. I actually read a bit more of GURPS Lite today.

Feminine Inspiration on the morning. Qi Gong. That was also good. I had to keep it together, as I nearly bursted into tears because it was about solitude and loneliness. It fit right on my plate. It did help to point me in the right direction.

In fact, it was there when I realized that this song was very similar to how Carbon & Dust's final arc that started on Chapter 28 went, and how the entire program ended.

Thanks to that song, I went back to my old projects, and I do have one that it makes me feel that I'm declaring something to happen. I must play it, with GURPS. Not write it, play it. That'll do just for me.

Jun 1st, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds High Knees +EC
Count: 1493 - 1489 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 10 Double Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 1
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 709 words for a cleaner backstory, and 1327 words of session prep!

Reading progress:
:v: GURPS Lite - 81%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

@Anek Thank you!

Well, I am getting sick. It's the change of season, a virus that my mom caught, and the breakup that has altered my metal, so it was all grounds to get sick. I'm feeling a bit of a headache right now, as I must wake up early tomorrow. I can't even journal tonight because I can't brain with this headache.

ICRPG day, which was fun, and quick. The group did something that skipped half the fight, and I congratulated them for it... but there was a lot of bad luck happening. Again, the dice rolls were far too low, and morale went down to the point that I almost stopped the game. Maybe it's my fault though; I tried my best to GM, but maybe I'm still not up to the part.

Anyway, tomorrow, I'll refocus on things. I have to clear everything up and start my process again. This time, I must make sure that nothing stops me for good.

This one is for my old self.

June 2nd, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1494 - 1490 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 10 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 2
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:x: Headache

Reading progress:
:x: GURPS Lite - 81%

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I've got this. I've got this. I've got this.

This is a good way to start the week. I wrote. I finally wrote. I also started to take steps into a better organization, and I put nine tasks for today, some of which, while easy and quick, I always forget. I did half of one last night, and I actually didn't post because there was no Internet. The rain season begun, and today is going to be a nightmare because I woke up late.

Nevertheless, I've got this.

Managed to draw in the afternoon. Because it was a rainy day, I didn't suffer through the heat, and managed to do the drawing in a single day. Like I said, I also wrote. I organized my book again. Due to the breakup, something new got added, and now I'm very, very excited to write. I even put all my projects into a slip of paper, and I'll be working this week into making a wall... well, it's actually a door, but I got everything set up. I even drew the way I want to make it, and with the help of some people, I'll be doing it soon, to keep track of everything; to stay focused, and to never allow for something like last week happen again.

I've got this. I've got this. I've got this.

All tasks in my list were done. I actually sent my to-do list to my best friend, and he told me "I expect to see everything crossed out." Wouldn't you know that I did cross everything out? I wasn't at my best yesterday, and I did everything. Now, I'm going to take accountability for things.

668 words last night. It's only two pages and slightly more, but that's good enough for me. I started reading Mozart's biography too, and I didn't start reading it because I want to know about Mozart, but actually to learn how Marcel Brion wrote his biography, and maybe even compile what I've gotten so far from my journal into a memoir. I'm giving myself the challenge to read that book in seven days, and now, I have to read three chapters a day to reach to 20. I have my notebook to make notes on how everything got organized, and I'm ready for it.

I'm going after her. I'm taking my last hope and my last chance.

I've got this!

June 3rd, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Sumo Squats +EC
Count: 1495 - 1491 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: 7 Extra Full Burpees
:v: Pole Dance Stretches - Stretches #2 & #3
:v: DAREdice: 10 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 3
:v: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 54/365
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 668 words!
:v: Morning 500

Reading progress:
:v: Mozart - 2/20 Chapters

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

Due to my cold, I'll be suspending the Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself meditation until I can breathe normally again. In the meantime, I'm taking some action, and speaking about Braking the Habit of Being Yourself, today I noticed that the book really changed me: I've heard that some people talked about how different I am than before, how... open I am about a few things. Indeed, I've been softly coming out of the closet as time went on, and I embraced my ADHD as a part of me too, so rather than neglecting it, I'm just learning to use it to my advantage. Accountability works wonders too, and I guess this is why I pushed myself to do so many Burpees on the daily. There's the competitive side of the ADHD brain that does this. Since the breakup, I've been relying on my best friend to keep me together. I mean, it took me until 4 of the afternoon to actually start my day when it happened, and I sent him my morning routine, and kept updating him until I did everything on it. Then, I sent him my to-do list yesterday, and managed to do 100% of it. Today, I did 70%, which is still good. Not only that, but I also got a huge heap of progress.

It is no secret that I'm more of a worldbuilder than a writer, so I took advantage of it today. After I did my Pin-up, I went back into one of the maps I've done for my current world and noticed a lot of mistakes I made: too bloated, no geography, and missing important features that a city-state must have. So, naturally, I grabbed a bigger piece of paper, and redrew the whole thing, with the fixes plus new things in mind. I actually streamlined the city-state so perfectly that all I need to come up with stuff is get a part of the city that draws my attention and write. If I have no ideas on what to put, well, that's what rolling tables and generators are for, and there's millions out there! Not only that, but I actually put a theme on the city-state, and with it, some actual history of the place. The metaplot is something that I'll build alongside the world, so I don't need to pay much attention to it... for now... All I need is a few starting locations and I'm good to go. Also, another thing, some of the places I put on the city leave out seeds for dungeons, and I mean both dungeons in the TTRPG mechanics definition, and literal dungeons. Who knew one hour of drawing would make such a huge progress?

I'm excited! I finished my story from yesterday by going way over 500 in the morning, and pushed through 1K easily. Suffice to say is that I'm back, and I'm here to fix some things.

The important thing is that I'm coming back. I'm slowly coming back, but I'm coming back.

June 4th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Side Elbow Plank Rotations +EC
Count: 1496 - 1492 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: 40 Side Plank Rotations
:v: Pole Dance Stretches - Stretches #2 to #6
:v: DAREdice: 10 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 4
:v: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 55/365
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 1223 Words!

Reading progress:
:v: Mozart - 3/20 Chapters

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

My ex was impressed that I managed to recover and started to do huge leaps over the week. I didn't think of them as huge, honestly, but I decided this morning that I wouldn't write today. No, I decided I wouldn't because I have a few extra things to do before I sit down again to it. So, I didn't write today, and you know what? I'm glad that I didn't, because it was my choice this time, and I don't feel bad for it. In fact, I needed the rest, and I took advantage of it to draw. I drew, and ended up quicker than expected, with a lot of downtime to spare.

So, I rested. Did some logistical tasks, like preparing some stuff, testing blogging platforms... I even managed to do the Workout of the Day.

I'll work on one final task tonight before bed. I'll skip reading this time, and I don't mind if I do. I am completely excited, and what I'm going for now is complete focus upon this. After what happened with me playing Vampire: The Masquerade last week, I just want to keep making stuff up. I learned a lot, but I still need one last thing before I get to it.

Tomorrow, I will write.

June 5th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Squat Hold Calf Riases +EC
Count: 1497 - 1493 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Standing Core +30 Seconds Rest
:v: DAREdice: 20 Double Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 5
:v: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 56/365
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:x: Decided not to write today
:x: Morning 500

Reading progress:
:x: Mozart - 3/20 Chapters

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Interesting. The computer was acting up today, crashing on me twice under no circumstances whatsoever. I was beginning to worry this is a hardware issue, but I decided to investigate the issue further. I'm not really sure if this is it, but maybe updating the softwares helped, because it only crashed on me in one piece of software while I was running YouTube: Firefox. Not only I updated everything, but Firefox came like a fresh new install, so I had to spend time setting things up again, which gave me the opportunity to adjust my bookmarks bar to put the things that I actually want, such as the writing websites that I like to read, and easy access to the platforms where I publish, as well as DAREBEE, of course.

So far so good. I'm not sure if that was it, because it could also be an issue with the kernel. It could be either Java acting up, or the Kernel requiring an update, which is something that I'm afraid to do due to how the Wi-fi gets randomly cut at times. It took me longer than usual to update because it was stuttering for a while. Anyway, that's why I didn't write or draw today, but it isn't like I didn't do anything. In fact, first thing I did in the morning was print Mythic's Fate Chart, since I only have the digital book. Then, I started worldbuilding, got my campaign ready, did a major backup of all my writings (not getting me again this time!), prepared a major overarching arc, asigned theme days of the week for my writing projects, leaving weekends for hobby stuff (including TTRPG prep), and even... danced?

Yeah, I practiced a new coreography because I was like, why the heck not? It's been a while since I danced, and I want to do something that everyone is doing, so I picked a random Tik Tok dance, and... there it goes. I officially became a fully blown e-girl after today. Not that I'm not ok with it; I actually needed to dance? It got my dopamine going. I actually memed this out in my list, like I wrote "Do the Ashi Ashi coreography? I can't belive I wrote this down as a quest" in my list, so I guess I'm memeing myself up to this point in my journal. Hey, if I'm journalling, at least I have to make it fun from time to time! Besides, this was the last element of my list, though is not like I do my lists in any particular order.

I haven't linked this month's Qi Gong so far, so now I fixed it. It's actually a routine that is repeating due to the month's oracle having the same reading as before: we're in a month for courtship. Not really much into Taoism personally, but I respect it. Besides, Traditional Chinese Medicine's foundations on myth have actually inspired me to actually make fantasy that is slightly influenced by wuxia in mythos, at least. It does make it a different flavor, and a respite under so many tropes that feel cliché already...

June 6th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Reverse Plank Kicks +EC
Count: 1498 - 1494 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: New Contributions: Courtship, the Call of Virtue
:v: Qi Gong Ideogram: Xian
:v: DAREdice: 20 Sit-ups
Dancing Days: 30

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 6
:x: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 57/365
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: I managed to get 229 after posting.

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

To my surprise, I found myself writing quite a lot for the day. While I had some problems with a story (that I started last night, and ended up starting it over because I wanted to make it cooler), and I still have troubles with it because I don't know how to bring in two guys with guns and start blasting, I might toss it, but why? There's potential in there, I just don't see it yet.

And the reason I don't see it is because I had to prepare. Yesterday, a player announced he wasn't coming to the game, so I spent most of my writing time preparing my Mass Effect: C-Sec 99 campaign. Yes, you read it: we'll be playing ICRPG again, with GhostGM's Mass Effect hack... with the twist that isn't the same as the videogame, but I'm actually taking inspiration from Brooklyn 99 because the last time we did, we also did C-Sec, and it was really fun! I made a little handy Player's Guide of four pages that tells them what to expect about it, the mechanics I'll put in play, and guidelines to create their characters, as I'll be taking them on the same character creation that you go through on the first game, more specifically, Shepard's profile reconstruction. The descriptions are taken directly from the game, but I put a note saying that these are there just for flavor, to give you an idea on what you can do with this background, and if you want to modifiy it, you can do so. Morality will also be in play, and the background choices give them a bonus on their Paragon and Renegade bars. Just like the game, these would be separate, and the points earned on them are permanent. It does sound like I gave myself much more of a job, but as long as I keep track of them, I can adjust quickly for NPC reaction and plot hooks they get to explore.

Everything is taking place on the Tayseri Ward, the same ward that got damaged after the events of the first game.

Now, why did I do all of this now? Well, there was a powercut! I also got distracted in the morning, but a powercut! And then I had to walk a lot! I cancelled out my Burpees because it wasn't a day for them. Still, the victory is in the words written.

June 7th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Virabhadrasana III +EC
Count: 1499 - 1495 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 10 Lunges
Dancing Days: 30

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 7
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 2745 words! 642 were for the same story as yesterday; some rewrite to start over and go somewhere, and the rest were for ICRPG prep.

Reading progress:

Other Victories:
I actually played the guitar early today, during the powercut.

Sólveig

I spent the entire day writing, or attempting to. I had my struggles, but I pushed through. Getting a pad to make a list of characters and threads was a great idea, and if I'm being honest around here, I took that off from Mythic, and I still think I should've taken something more, like the scenes breakdown and writing down a small plot of what happens in each scene... but I am doing everything following the Chaos factor, and it is making things much better. You know Raymond Chandler's saying? "In writing a novel, when in doubt, have two guys coming through the door with guns." Rolling Chaos works excellent, and sometimes I don't need Chaos to modify a scene. Mythic introduces two ways to modify a scene: interrupting the scene, or altering the scene. I just choose either, and then figure out the nature of the change on the go. It does make the story more compelling, more interesting, and opens it up for more threads, or gives way to close threads that come up. It's pretty useful stuff, and I don't have to minimize my word processor to actually use it because I am writing all that stuff down on a pad, which is quicker!

Damn, I feel good about it. I'm struggling, yes, but now I'm pushing through as I learn. I want to finish this story first before I come up with the next one, and the next one will have its scene breakdown that will come from a previous flowchart that I'll make, and leave it open for new stuff that might pop up. Oh this is better, because preparing my story now it doesn't feel like I'm about to railroad myself into it, but also it opens the way for more threads, some of which I'll probably leave open intentionally because I love leaving things open, or even have open endings. I can't explain it, I just love the nature of that the story can go on, but this is only just what's important to know.

I didn't prepare a session. I'm just going to improvise everything on the spot because it's going to be more than likely a session zero. I didn't put much more than what I did yesterday, so I took a seed, and I'll roll it out on the table.

June 8th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Plank Step-outs +EC
Count: 1500 - 1496 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: Burpee Queen +EC +Double Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck
:v: 20 Double Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
Dancing Days: 31

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 8
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 1844 words written!

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

This is bullsh*t. We played ICRPG today; the Mass Effect campaign that I built up to be something similar to Brooklyn 99, with my players being C-Sec agents instead of being Spectres, as the hack suggested. Guess what? My players ended up making two murderhobos that were so memorable; like I loved them and I love to hate them, and the use of the past time here isn't a coincidence, because... well, the dice had a completely different plan, and made something that started like "how not to be a cop 101" and then turned it into a TPK outside of combat.

How did that happen? A bomb situation. One of my players rushed to check on the bomb and see if he could disable it while we waited for the bomb squad. So, he had to carefully pry open the suitcas where the bomb is inside. Do you know what he rolled on DEX? Yes: Nat 1. He got a Blunder. Everything went kaboom in that instant, and I just closed my pad, removed the screen, and thanked them for playing, because that was horrible. It is our first actually legit TPK, and it wasn't in combat! We had been perilously close to TPKs in combat, but never once outside of combat.

I don't know how ot feel. I mean, it was really fun to play today, but I was not counting on everything ending in the first session due to a nasty roll. I pretty much remembered that time our Fighter failed on a WIS save and caused a complete genocide because political rivals kidnapped his wife, because it did felt like that. Funny enough, it's the same player, so I'm definitely saying that his Fighter's curse is bleeding onto his other characters now. There's no way the first session had to end on a TPK because of his poor rolls.I don't even know how to feel. It's just hilarious, but now I feel that I did all this prep for nothing. Like I said, this is bullsh*t!

Man, the dice weren't good at all with us today, but I did use Savage World's initiative on ICRPG, even though ICRPG doesn't use Initiative. It did make the combat scenes more intense.

June 9th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Calf Raises +EC
Count: 1501 - 1497 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 9
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:x: Nope. Not today

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I barely managed to get nearly 1000 words put upon, but I finished the last scene where I left it off, and even ended the story with a cliffhanger that I'll solve next time, as I delve into it. I don't think I need the dice anymore with one final scene left, though in editing things will open up, so I'll need to do a flowchart to add a few extra scenes that I'm thinking about currently, and get it more organized. Of course, I wouldn't have had the extra work if it wasn't because I screwed up by using Mythic and not properly using the entirety of the adventure sheet, limiting myself only to enlist the Characters and the Threads. Honestly, I improvised here. I didn't do a flowchart, so yeah, everything is my fault.

I also streamlined my dailies, including a system of tiers for both my writing and my Burpees. That way, I can force myself to do a minimum instead of doing nothing. For Burpees, it'll be 50, which is good because that's the Before Breakfast Burpees workout. For writing, 500 words is the bare minimum. That's two pages. I'm also making up a system to randomly generate stories with the use of a deck of cards. It's pretty much the same system used on rolling tables and the like, but this is more dedicated to my especific genre of writing instead of something far more generalized, because there's not really much about resources on the stuff that I actually write due to its rather mature nature, or at least not enough resources that convince me. So far, I only have one book, and I still feel it's too especialized. Nevertheless, this is nothing new; many writers have done this. I don't remember who, but I've read that one used to write words on index cards, then they shuffled them, and drew the cards into different boxes, and start to think creatively to come up with stuff. Another one just flips through a rolodex, grabs a random card, and keeps going. I want to do something similar with a deck of cards because I want to experiment with it. Besides, coming up with ideas not only gets tiring and leads to blockages, but also makes me feel like I'm telling the same story over and over. This is just another tool to prevent that.

June 10th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 80 Chest Expansions +EC
Count: 1502 - 1498 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Killer Butt +30 seconds of rest between exercises
:x: Pole Dance Stretches - Stretches #2 and #3
:v: DAREdice: 16 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 10
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 886 words today!

Reading progress:
:v: Mozart - 4/20 Chapters

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I had a hard time today. I was going to write in the morning... Stuff to do! Fine, I'll write in the afternoon, before going to the non-profit... Powercut! Ok, fine! I'll write at night, after I train and also have dinner... Another powercut!

Yeah... it wasn't a fun day... it wasn't a fun day at all...

Even though I got 835 words today, I hated it. I hated today. I mean, I don't hate what I wrote, but I hate today so baaaaaaaaaad! A lot of things went into my head, and it wasn't just the fact that I got plagued by setback after setback, but so many things have happened that I can't go to sleep without journalling about them, and it is right now that I can do it!

I'm not asking; I'm begging. I'm begging for three extra hours! Just three!

But I guess I have to journal tomorrow, because... I can't do it.

I don't mind writing slow. I mind writing slow when the setbacks I'm having are not of my doing, and I can't help but blame myself for it. I guess I didn't notice that pattern until now. Why should I blame myself for not writing due to circumstances that aren't under my control?

Also, yes, today I finished chapter 4 on Mozart's biography, because I was very interrupted yesterday, and I managed to squeeze a time to finish that chapter today. I'm reading slower than usual, but that's because I am taking notes, as if I'm studying that book for school again, but this time I'm studying it because I want to learn a writing technique. If I wanted to learn about the life of Mozart, I'd go for more resources and actually write down the paitings Brion likes to reference to look for them, and the like. I'm jotting down some of the pieces he made at certain ages though, it's more of a milestone of his character rather than an actual interest in Mozart. Like I said, I'm studying a writing technique, not Mozart.

Though I should listen to Mozart's works while I read. Nothing with lyrics though, especially the operas, even though I really like Don Giovanni.

June 11th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 179

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Get-ups +EC
Count: 1503 - 1499 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Kanary - LVL SS +EC +Rest between levels
:v: 7 Full Burpees
:v: Pole Dance Stretches - Stretches #2 and #3
:v: DAREdice: 10 Double Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 11
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 835 words today!

Reading progress:
:v: GURPS Lite - 100%
:v: Mozart - 4/20 Chapters

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Difficult day again. My time got eaten up pretty good. I couldn't draw at all as I accompanied the class and did my commitment, but I did my job to journal about a few things that have happened this week. I also got a couple of new notebooks, plus a final idea on the way to work on my book. One of those notebooks will be for having a book journal so that I can keep track of the things that I do and work around with ideas without using the digital platform, as it is much easier for me to keep only one program open, which will be Ghostwriter, and I can easily plop my notebook on top of my pad, or dump the information from the notebook into my pad and, right at the end of the session, I could clear my pad and put the information on my notebook. Simple, and it's a good way to clear my head and dedicate myself to writing, though I should do five minutes of free-form writing that's unrelated to what I'm supposed to write, to clear my head so that I can focus on one thing only, but that's something I can do in a simple text file, and maybe even delete it once I'm done.

Anyway, it was just a boring day. I had to skip my workout, but I managed to squeeze twenty Burpees at least. The important part is that I managed to write 2344 words, so now I finished my story, or at least the first draft. Even though the organization of the story seems to be its biggest flaw, it seems that it's perfectly fine? I mean, that was my main concern: it was poorly organized, but apparently it isn't? Well, if that's the biggest problem I have, then it means that maybe I put a lot of a good job on it. The dice definitely helped. When I rolled Chaos on the final scene, it came up with an Altered Scene, which meant that the ending got even more interesting than before. That wasn't my doing, it was the dice that decided to make it even better.

I have a lot of tasks ahead for today, and very little time...

June 12th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Elbow Plank +EC
Count: 1504 - 1500 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
20 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 10 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 12
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 2344 words, and a story is finished!

Reading progress:
:x: Mozart - 5/20 Chapters

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Difficult day yesterday. It was hard to balance everything out, and I didn't have the victories that I wanted... but I had some.

I'm having some difficulties trying to sleep. Another anxiety attack happened last night, and I didn't write not because of the anxiety attack, but because I felt very sleepy last night. Then, I had a hard time trying to sleep. I know what it is, but here's the thing: I don't want to let go. It's the last thing that's keeping me moving forward, and if I let go, I'll have to start over once again, and I don't have any energy left to start over. Like I said, I knew it was dangerous to keep holding myself to a small sliver of hope, and everything seems very impossible right now, but I need to keep pushing through, even if it means sacrificing my sanity. Then again, what could be so much worth for me to do that? Well, because I'm inspired. Even though I didn't write yesterday, I'm inspired to give a lot of effort into writing the first best book of many in line to come.

Right now I'm fighting against the current. I'm fighting against the order of things, but it is a fight that I'm willing to push through until the end, even if it means defeat at a great cost, or even a pyrrhic victory, because it'll be even worst if I let go without making even one final attempt.

June 13th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Single Leg Hops +EC
Count: 1505 - 1501 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: New Contributions: Courtship, the Call of Virtue
:v: One-arm Push-up Prep +EC
:v: Pole Dance Stretches - Stretches #8 to #10
:v: DAREdice: 12 One-arm Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 13
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:x: There was an attempt

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

You know, it could've been a kickboxing day, but I slacked off. I actually spent a huge amount of time preparing my book, and I'm still not over it just yet. Since I finished reading GURPS Lite, I'm thinking about using it as an aid to help me write it. GURPS Lite is less overwhelming than GURPS, and I certainly know that all I have to do is pick the things that I'm going to use and not use everything as everyone who plays GURPS does. Ultra-Lite pretty much taught me one way to default on skill checks that require training: give a penalty of -6 to the character. I don't recall any skill defaulting to -6 on Lite, but it gives me an idea on how to play already without torturing myself with the rules because... well, it's GURPS, and every single skill and feature is pretty much a mini-zine of ruleset. At the end of the day, GURPS is a tool-set, not a game. Nevertheles, I'm using TTRPGs as a writing aid because the dice roll and the character sheets can get me out of the way when I'm stuck, helps me to introduce two guys bursting out the door with guns, and it gives me a much more structured character sheet that I can understand, instead of the rather long lists of adjectives and huge forms filled with useless questions.

Then, I drew, for little time. I could only do half of it, and the other half I owe. I also developed some ideas, which is where the 384 words came about.

I slept good this time, with no anxiety attack. Talking things through helped, so I'm okay now, and we're doing good.

I am supposed to prep, but already one player cancelled, and I don't feel like preparing another game. I actually don't feel like mastering this week.

June 14th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Double Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck +EC
Count: 1506 - 1502 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Pole Dance Stretches - Stretches #2 to #3
:v: DAREdice: 16 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 14
:v: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 57/365
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: I only managed to write 384 words since there were doubts present.

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Vampire: The Masquerade day. I actually hyperfocused on it. I fleshed out the session before, and ended up with a 7352 words long story that, honestly, had much more of my signature style put into it than before. I just love how everything comes up together, and how gothic, how pulpy, and how noir it feels, and yes, it is those three things combined! I also can't stop loving my Coterie in that Chronicle. The Gangrel girl is a fully blown sadist that is just always one step close to the beast, and her companion, a smart Tremere, all he cares about is getting the job done. The dynamics between them are almost like husband and wife, and I'm deep into them. I really want to keep adventuring with them together for more, considering that their story is not done just yet.

As I edited, a few new characters showed up on the list, which is awesome. No matter how minor these NPCs are, I'd take them.

So I pretty much didn't work out. However, it was worth the sacrifice. Besides, I didn't go on a walk either. It started to rain, and it rained a lot.

I cancelled my session because I don't feel like Mastering, so I'm writing today.

June 15th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Alt Arm / Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1507 - 1503 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 8 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 15
:x: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 58/365
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 7352 words! 7352 words I said!

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I only had one victory today, but it's fine. I started a new journal with the hopes to channel some excess energy that I have that's taking over my writing, and that's it. I'm not writing more tonight because I have to wake up early tomorrow.

Still, I recorded one thought to keep in mind. Tomorrow will be a new week.

June 16th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Knee-to-elbow Crunches +EC
Count: 1508 - 1504 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: 4 Double Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck
:v: DAREdice: 16 Double Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck
Dancing Days: 32

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 16
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:x: Journalling

Reading progress:

Sólveig

What a day. A long morning, and a lot of my time got eaten away, but somehow, I managed to do 50% of my tasks. I even managed to get to almost 1K, in spite of having so many doubts. At one point, I found myself improvising and just going forward doing whatever; just putting two words together and see if they stick. I know, editing will fix it, and I hope it does, because I don't know what it was with me today that I couldn't write, but my vow is to write no matter what my mood is. So, while it doesn't seem to work as of now, I'll make it work. There's some things that I must cut, and I don't care about cutting them. In fact, the story got bloated as it is with characters, so I can just slowly remove them as it goes.

250 Burpees today, which were not in par with the plan. Nevertheless, I managed to keep focused on my training, so it lasted for less time. Not only that, I also seem to be stretching more. I went deeper on my side splits too. I'm going there. It is a slow process, but things are going good. Today just felt like a drag, and I'm not sure if tomorrow will be the same. In any case, I am grateful that I can still go, in spite of the doubts, and in spite of having a day where I felt that there was no progress. Thing is, there was progress. I already said how many words I wrote, and I already said I'm stretching better, plus I closed today with 250 Burpees; so much more than my minimum of 50. I had to push myself, but I did, and 50% progress is better than 0%.

I just wasn't at my best today; that's all.

June 17th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 100 Side-to-side Chops +EC
Count: 1509 - 1505 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Phoenix - LVL III +Megaset +Full Burpees
:v: 5-Minute Filler
:v: 5 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 17
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 918 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Again, I did 50% of my tasks, and I could've done more if I didn't have such a busy day. I tried to go pomodoro so that I could incorporate my workout during the breaks, but I couldn't do it because I had things on the way. Lots of things on the way.

I think I'll do another task and then go to bed. At least a small one.

So far, I've been journalling constantly on my new journal. Not only that, but it is pushing me to write more, and write better too.

E: I pushed through and managed to write 845 words more, thus also completing a new task as well as reaching a final word count of 2708!

June 18th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Twist Lunges +EC
Count: 1510 - 1506 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Sculptor
:v: 4 Full Burpees
:v: Pole Dance Stretches
:v: DAREdice: 16 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 18
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 1863 words, and more on the way, maybe. 2708 words!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
:rstar:
1000 Words :rstar: :rstar:
1500 Words :rstar: :rstar: :rstar:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Last edited:

Sólveig

I need to organize myself better, as I think I have to, once again, put my ambitions aside and focus on quicker things while I work on them in the background. What I mean by this is to prioritize better my projects, because I'm getting attacked by new ideas that I can do quicker, and even get them out for a quick buck instead of working on something that I do not have the guarantee of whether it'll succeed or not. This is something that I must reflect upon tomorrow, and even put down on paper, but for now I have to celebrate my victories. I did 90% of my tasks, and again, I wasn't at my best. I actually reduced the tasks into things that I actually saw myself doing today, and well, I got them all.

First, I finished the lessons from the book! All that remains are the sketches and some illustrations that are there mostly for flavor, design, and inspiration, but I am free to explore other things, as I keep it Pin-up related. I also finished compiling every single character and every single thread in my current D&D campaign, and now it's only a matter to see which threads I can close in the background, which ones I can drop or freeze, and which characters are actually important to the main plot, which are important for each character, and which ones are merely background. This is not the reason why I froze that campaign, this is actually the reason why I feel I'm going nowhere with it: I bloated it with a lot of useless stuff, and now I have to make sense of it. It feels like I'm writing Twin Peak's season 2 after David Lynch left a mess of a story, but now I feel so much better equipped to prepare. I got my next month's calendar ready, and a new entry in my journal.

For not using Pomodoro timers, I'm actually doing pretty good. The only issue with drawing is that now I don't know what to do, so I must plan in advance.

I stopped writing tonight at 738 words because I got stuck on the story, but maybe tomorrow I'll get unstuck.

June 19th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 180

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Toe Tap Hops +EC
Count: 1511 - 1507 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: One Kick (Side Kick) - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: 8 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 12 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 19
:v: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 58/365
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 738 words only.
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
1000 Words :rstar: :gstar:
1500 Words :rstar: :gstar: :gstar:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I'll add the missing link tomorrow. All I can say is that I managed to write, I managed to draw... though I dropped the drawing because I can do better, and I also journaled quit a lot. Most of my day was journaling, which is good, because it helped me to open a potential that I missed for a long time. I actually got some information about writing that no one has told me before, or how important it could be, and it is important because it now helped me to visualize every single project that I do, like the end product of them, and work instead under the intention on what I'd like to see, the standard that I have for it... and it is very inspiring to have those, because is not just about the thing being pretty, but also it gives me a much better structure than knowing 250 words = 1 page, because that formula, while it is the standard, it bothers the vision I have for my writings, thus I can only see one single format when there's an entire array of them. Yes, I'm talking about book formats. It's probably useless information, but actually it isn't. I picked up plenty of my books, measured them, looked for information about their formats, and even helped myself with AI to look for how many words can there be on a page; an estimated amount. This, in turn, helped me to have a more precise, yet still estimated, word count for many books that I have, taking also into acount stuff like font size. The copy of The Art of War that I have, for instance, is a tall rack paperback, and the font size is 8 point. Compare that with one of the demy hardbooks that I borrowed from the library, with a font size of 10 point, and one of my demy hardcovers, but its font size is 12, and I believe I have another of the same format with the font size 14. Something as simple as the font size, or the book dimensions, can actually screw over the word count if we go by 250 words = 1 page.

This might feel like a waste of time, but I insist, knowing this information gave me an actual structure to build upon things. I even saw the formats in which each one of my projects would fit better. I'm even starting to classify them through formats so that I can prioritize which is which so that I can set up a queue to work. That is, of course, my next goal. I was going to start on it tonight, but I have a story to finish tomorrow, as well as reading back my D&D session and fixing some stuff that I might need to fix; stuff that now can come up as I've finally debloated the campaing by listing all the threads and characters. I can use my session to close a few threads, and start to slowly wrap things up. Yeah, bloating the thing up made me to cancel it, and now I must keep things contained. Lesson learned, will keep things contained next time.

I skipped working out today, other than Qi Gong. I was going to do Burpees only, but I had a small problem: I felt heavy doing Burpees this morning, like my body was too stiff to do them. So I skipped them and took today as a rest day. I've been going over 200 this week anyway.

June 20th, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 180

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 10 Stacked Push-ups +EC
Count: 1512 - 1508 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong
:v: DAREdice: 8 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 20
:v: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 59/365
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 1389 words
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
1500 Words :rstar: :rstar: :gstar:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I liked this. It felt like Street Fighter, but a miniature version of it.

It did make me break a sweat too, but I wasn't tired. I was just worried about the droplets that propelled themselves with each hook. Still, it could've been worse. Yesterday was a rainy day, so I didn't get to enjoy the summer solstice, but I enjoyed the rain instead. A much needed cold day.

I didn't write yesterday. I was very sleepy. Instead, I did get some stuff to prepare a portable corkboard because I don't have space in my wall. I also planned a few things too. Things are coming together. I'd say things are cooking, but they're more like sprouting.

I got recognized by someone from high school yesterday during my walk. It was a significant ego boost to know that, apparently, I'm the one who seemed to have succeeded the most. Honestly, I'm more drive to write pulp fiction now. I have a queue of 8 short projects to do, and my guess is that some of those will branch out. They are both in English and Spanish, and I plan to translate. Let's see how it goes...

Happy Summer Solstice! And if you're on the southern hemisphere, happy Winter Solstice!

June 21st, 2024
Kickboxing: Day 181

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Backfists +EC
Count: 1513 - 1509 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: Black Belt - LVL III +EC
:v: DAREdice: 8 Lunges
Dancing Days: 33

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 21
:x: Drawing Pin-up Girls Every Day for a Year: Day 60/365
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
:gstar:
1000 Words :gstar: :gstar:
1500 Words :gstar: :gstar: :gstar:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

What a horrible day today, and part of it was my own volition because I forgot a date... or more like I got confused with the months. See, I thought we were going to have an important assembly at the non-profit in July, not today, but it was today, and I wrote it down. The issue is that I volunteered to go out with mom downtown, which ate many hours that I had, and I only found out about the assembly as soon as we came back home, two hours before it begun.

My plan was to simply go there, do the one thing I was going to do at the assembly, and leave... but that didn't happen, because they just took advantage of me being there, forcing me to spend four more hours... By the time I arrived home, I already couldn't do anything that I planned out for the day, except preparing the stat blocks for tomorrow. That's it.

Honestly, all I want is my day back. It wasn't worth it. None of it was worth it.

June 22nd, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 100 W-extensions +EC
Count: 1514 - 1510 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 22
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

D&D day, and this time not only it was fun, but more things got more complicated in the story, as my Paladin is becoming more of a zealot and looted a Sword of Vengeance at the end. She pretty much prompted the Rogue to calm her down three times, as the party realized the big bad ensemble is trying to make her angry so that all of them make the wrong decisions. A new thread showed up, but things are starting to wrap up. I actually closed one of the Rogue's backstory's threads, and nearly closed one of the Bard's backstory's threads too. I picked up what I'm going to work next session and jotted down some ideas. It was good to write less, as it opened up for a more complicated game; story-wise. Mechanic-wise it's still the same; with the only difference that I replaced the initiative with Savage World's because it is more fun, and it puts everyone on edge in combat because now no one knows when they're coming, but there's always a chance to get a +2 to everything with the Joker. The dice were in our favor this time. It was most likely they wanted to play D&D instead of ICRPG.

I didn't realize how good it is Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption's soundtrack is for writing my current campaign.

It'll probably carry over with the next one, which will be Pathfinder again.

Other than that, I didn't do much. Just the dice, the challenge, and that's it. There was water, and there was also tiredness from Saturday carrying over, hence I didn't do Burpees, which is alright.

Also, I'm not counting D&D prep for the tiers of writing. That will only be for when I do progress with my writing.

June 23rd, 2024

Morning Routine:
:x: Before Breakfast Burpees +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Side-to-side Lunges with Toe Point +EC
Count: 1515 - 1511 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 23
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 1643 words on session notes and session prep
Writing Tiers:
500 Words

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

Well, I didn't count time yesterday. It simply slipped from my hands, to be honest. Out of the five goals, I managed to get two, and a third partially. I was supposed to end the story, and instead wrote a page and a half of it. Then again, the Workout of the Day said it to me:

One Day at a Time.

It's going back into posting the day next I guess. I don't really have much time now, but I'll see if I can make it worth.

June 24th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Climber Taps +EC
Count: 1516 - 1512 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
50 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: One Day at a Time - LVL III +No rest between sets
:v: Butt Lift +EC
:v: 44 Jumping Jacks for Anek's birthday
:v: 7 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 24
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 703 words of progress before I got overwhelmed
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
1000 Words :rstar: :gstar:
1500 Words :rstar: :gstar: :gstar:

Reading progress:

Other Victories:

Sólveig

I am done with today. I hyperfocused with getting one goal done: to finish my story, which I ended up doing in 2581 words today, because the scene got longer than I anticipated. And it took me so long to finish because I wasted my afternoon. I committed everything to volunteer this afternoon to help at the community center, only for me to later find out that class was cancelled as soon as it was supposed to begin.

So, I stayed there, carried on with my writing by doing traditional writng, which I later transcribed as soon as I came back home... and then I had to help my mom with some homework she had, then to do my walk, and then... I couldn't work out because it was already too late. Then there was a powercut that lasted for 20 minutes, and...

Yeah, it was an awful day. Those 2.5K words should've been for my book, not a short story. At least I finished something, but I'm still upset that I had to sacrifice a huge lot to do this.

June 25th, 2024

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Balance Leg Swings +EC
Count: 1517 - 1513 +EC

Night Routine:

Training Plan:
Programs:
Nope
Bucket List:
Shadebound
Cardio & Abs

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 8 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Upper Body Blast: Day 25
Bucket List:
Lower Body Blast

Writing progress:
:v: 2581 words!
Writing Tiers:
500 Words
1500 Words :rstar: :rstar: :rstar:

Reading progress: