Reset at Level One

Syrius

Valkyrie from The Sonoran Desert
Pronouns: she/her
"Energy and persistence conquers all things. -Benjamin Franklin"
@Laura Rainbow Dragon @Mamatigerj @Baryl @Nevetharine @Fremen @Anek @Haleth Thank you!!! :flowers:

Today's Wins: (74 days)
First Thing Water 29 Uhh, yeah, that almost didn't happen. I did things out of order this morning.
Power Squats 23
Fit December 26 Shark week didn't like that too much, but I did it.
Five Minute Plank 7 Gotta remember to breathe. Talking to myself worked great for remembering to breathe.
Knee Push-ups 1
Power Squats 24
Fit December 27
CoS 10
Hard Reset Strength 25 8 lb except lateral raises which were 5 lb
Epic Arms 11 the usual modification - doubled up punches instead of bicep extensions, except the hold.
Hard Reset Strength 24 @Laura Rainbow Dragon Thank you again for the advice! I was able to do the up-down dogs without hurting myself!!!!
Walkabout 1 Okay, using this to help me be a bit more mindful about my steps. Currently at 6,525 today - I spent a lot of time at my desk. FINAL NUMBER 7,078.

Oh my word, the office is terribly, horribly boring over the holiday. I miss having leave to take this week off. Oh well, I survived. I'll have to do something to alleviate the tedium tomorrow.

Goals for before the new year:
Finish Fit December (27/31)
Finish Hard Reset Strength (24/30) I skipped D23, will make it up tomorrow. I'll probably keep pairing them up D23+D26, D29+D27, & D30+D28. But we'll see how it goes.
Finish Power Squats (24/30) I might be stretching it on this one. Although... maybe I can do some of these at work tomorrow? :ohyes: For the booty, right?
Finish <Totals> (28/30) I will be doing D30 on Friday, because I think that is going to be my best day to do those 100 burpees. I've got house guests starting Friday evening and I don't need extra witnesses to the me doing burpees.

Might be a little ambitious, but I wanna get a few more wins in before the end of the year.

:handon: Hang in there Bees and have a good one!

Last edited:

Syrius

It ends in Burpees? Well, my guests will just have to watch me do those, I think :muahaha:

Yup, sorry for the spoiler, but it ends in burpees. Really, it's just that I haven't done one in a bit. I am sure that I am better at them now than I was last time, which I believe was also a day of Totals. I might actually do them today. I ended up teleworking this afternoon, so who knows what I might get up to. :muahaha:

Syrius

Today's Wins: (75 days)
First Thing Water 30 :completed:
CoS 11 at work
Fit December 28 at work
Walker Workout at work

And then I went home because M wasn't feeling great (we carpool), so then I teleworked and got sucked in and had a late lunch. Then let myself get sucked into a video game. I knew better, should have worked out before. I did a little of Totals during, but it mostly got piled on here at the end.

Knee Push-ups 2
Power Squats 25
<Totals> 29 modified lunges to reverse lunges
<Totals> 30 :completed:
Total Burn 23 lvl 3
Walkabout 2 (7,141/5,500)

Total Burn was not in my original plan, but the plan needed to adapt. I needed some high knees. I needed to sweat a little. The jumping lunges weren't great. As for the burpees, oh yeah, today was not a great day for them. But once I had started, I knew that I needed to finish it today. Okay, my knees might be some aches tomorrow, but it'll be okay. Because I didn't push into hurting and I DID IT!

Last edited:

Syrius

@Maegaranthelas @Fremen @Mamatigerj @Haleth @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Anek @BetaCorvi @Baryl Thank you!! :flowers:

Today's Wins: (76 days)
Power Squats 26
:v:First Thing Water ==maintenance mode==
Secret Santa Gift for OJJJEM I don't have kids, but I have 3 nephews so I did 3 sets for step 3.
Fit December 29 modified jumping jacks to step jacks on last set and swapped side jacks and split jacks order for sets 2-5.
Hard Reset Strength 29 8 lb, 5 lb on lateral raises and 10 lb on shrugs.
Hard Reset Strength 27
Walkabout 3 (14,582/6,000)

Going to try to come back in a bit after dinner and see if I can wrap up some more challenges. Got a hair cut today, so I'm back to shorter hair. Going to donate the ponytail they cut off, so that's good. I forgot how nice shorter hair is. I feel really weird about doing Hard Reset all out of order, but I guess it is what it is at this point.

Finish Fit December (29/31)
Finish Hard Reset Strength (26/30)
Finish Power Squats (26/30)
Finish <Totals> (30/30)

Last edited:

Syrius

@Nevetharine Thank you!! :flowers:

Today's Wins: (77 days)
Quick Warmup Workout
Fit December 30 Hall Pass used
Total Burn 24 lvl 3
Epic Arms 12
Power Squats 27
Five Minute Plank 8
Knee Push-ups 3
Power Squats 28
Hard Reset Strength 30 lvl 3
Hard Reset Strength 28
CoS 12
Walkabout 4 (13,051/5,000)

:tired:Okay, I'm gonna go eat breakyfast now. :eatall:

Finish Fit December (30/31)
Finish Hard Reset Strength (28/30)
Finish Power Squats (28/30)
Finish <Totals> (30/30)

Last edited:

Syrius

And now I think I have food poisoning from breakfast yesterday. :roadkill: This has really derailed me. I feel awful and I don't think I am going to be able to finish everything today. I'll come back and update if I get anything else done. (Like maybe Walkabout? Totally planning on taking it easy today. My body clearly needs it.) But, for now:

Today's Wins: (78 days)
Fit December 31 Hall Pass used. Originally, I had fully intended to do today's, but I just can't. Used 7 Hall Passes. :completed:

Okay, love you Bees. Have a wonderful day and Happy New Years!!

Last edited:

Syrius

@Nevetharine @Mamatigerj @Baryl @Laura Rainbow Dragon Thank you!

I am feeling somewhat better this evening. Lots of fluids and extra sleep helped out a lot. My tummy is still rumbling oddly, but the worst seems to be behind me. We'll see how I feel tomorrow as far as workout goes, but I am optimistic.

I saw on the Secret Santa workout that we should drop some hints. The workout that I made included music. As for guessing, I honestly have no idea. I have made some educated guesses to rule people out, but my list is too long.

Syrius

@mavie @Fremen @Anek Thank you :flowers:

Okay, not better. Turns out it's being cyclic and I have periods when I feel somewhat okay, but not hungry; starving; bloated and gassy; then the bad stuff. Rinse repeat. I haven't eaten much the last two days, but hopefully I'll get this knocked out of my system soon. :crawl:

Today's Wins: (79 days)
200 march steps this evening

Last edited:

Syrius

I suppose I should try taking a guess at my Secret Santa. I must confess, I made a whole chart, scoured everyone's logs and tried my best to eliminate people, but I still have so many to chose from. :charmed: M saw my chart, asked me what I was doing then said "Why are you like this?" Well, because my engineer brain thought it would be a good idea. :facepalm: So, I guess that I'll take a guess. I saw that @Saffity did my present, are you my Santa?

Syrius

Today's Wins: (80 days)
Recovery 1
Recovery 2

Felling a little better today. Slept through the whole night last night, so that's good. Ate soup for breakfast and lunch and that's good too because I was hungry for it. Hopefully I'll have another good night and tomorrow will be better.

Last edited:

Syrius

@Mamatigerj @Mianevem Thank you! :flowers:

Today's Wins: (81 days)
Recovery 3 slow and steady and unhappy belly was not totally appreciative of this, but it felt good to do something.
Walkabout 5 (6,526/6,500)

Alright, other things in the good things category:
* I went to work today
* I was productive at work today
* I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner again today

Still have an angry tummy this evening and I still feeling weak, but I'm taking it one step at a time. I couldn't have taken the day off because my leave balance is still depleted from when we went to see M's dad and yesterday I had had preapproval to telework so I was able to take it easy. I really felt those 10 hours today. Just got to make it through tomorrow and I'll be to my weekend. I really hope I feel better by Monday because I have to do my outside job.

edited to add Walkabout, since I had made the step count. :)

Last edited:

Syrius

Today's Wins: (82 days)
Arms of Steel Chair Edition 1 lvl 3 at work
Power Squats 29
Recovery 4
Power Squats 30 :completed: :muahaha: I told myself that I could finish this today! Hah!
Aurora Workout lvl 3 yup, that wiped me out a bit.
Burrito Mode Workout
Walkabout 6 (7,977/7,000)

Alright, I'm definitely not 100%, but I am feeling quite better (other than the bad headache earlier. It's mostly gone now.) M wants to go for a bike ride tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. For now, back to playing detective on Secret Santas. (Because its a puzzle and I am having fun trying to figure everyone out. And I love puzzles.)

Dear giftee, I'll give you another hint tomorrow.

Last edited:

Syrius

Today's Wins: (83 days)
:v:First Thing Journalling*
Knee Push-ups 4 core was a bit shaky
Recovery 6 (Box Breathing)
Five Minute Plank 9 (1m 30s) I did it!!!!
Hard Reset Strength 23 (29/30) Ugh, these tendon days are tough.
AoSCE 2
Epic Glutes 1 + 1 extra set
Recovery 7 (Light Cardio)
CoS 13 Replaced for the day with Epic Five 13, so that I can get both squats and calves in. And because I really like Epic Five 13. Though today it felt like it was kicking my butt!
Epic Arms 13 the usual modification - doubled up punches instead of bicep extensions, except the hold.
Recovery 5 (Stretching)
Walkabout 7 (7,538/7,500) made it, but it was close!

*This is something that I've been doing since the 2nd with my Habitica group. The idea is to get up in the morning and write either 10 minutes or a page before the morning fog lifts. On work mornings, I really don't have enough time, so I've been doing it when I get to my desk in the morning. This morning, I got 2 pages of fiction writing in and it was delightful! :love:

Tough one today. I wanted to do more, but it was just hard. And then I also got my plans completely derailed. I got into a training that I was waitlisted for and it starts on Monday, but it has pre-course assignments... so yeah, now I need to find a biography or autobiography of a leader to read. :giveup:

Last edited:

Syrius

@Laura Rainbow Dragon @Anek Thank you!! It is my goal to do a five minute plank this year.

Today's Wins: (84 days)
:v:First Thing Journalling
Zero Hero 12 lvl 3 Had to take a short break after this, I got a little nauseous
:v:Five Minute Plank 10 (1m 40s)*
Epic Arms 14
Hard Reset Strength 26 lvl 3(30/30) :completed: My legs are like "wtf, lunges suck" modified lunges to reverse lunges, did lunge step ups without changing sides between
Knee Push-ups 5
AoSCE 3
Epic Glutes 2 + 1 extra set my legs are tired!
CoS 13
Recovery 8 (Stretching)
:v:Walkabout 8 (7,092/5,000)

*As the five minute plank gets tougher, my plan is this: I will attempt the time set on every day. If I don't make it, I try again the next day. If I don't get it for 3 days in a row, I'll do supermans the next day and try again the following day.

Last edited: