696 Days

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
"Theres no easy way out. Theres no shortcut home"
Monday 07.03.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Lottie Murphy: Pilates Warm Up | Beginners Level Routine
3. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 5: 40 shoulder taps, 40 bicep extensions, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets.
4. Re: Center Challenge Day 5: 24 leg raises, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets. Rating = 9.5.
5. 60 Days of Walking Day 16, Part 2: Level 3, march steps.
6. 60 Days of Walking Day 16, Part 1: 45 minutes of walking: 6 mile walk outside.

❤️LM: Rating = 8.5. I really enjoyed this. The only move that bothered my injury was deadbugs.
❤️ULC: Rating = 7.5. This seemed a little better but then it seemed like I hurt something in my neck.
❤️60DoWP2: Rating = 7.5. Something was hurting in my upper back/neck when I was swinging my arms.
❤️60DoWP1: 1:49:58. A very hot day. We were lucky with the clouds.

Notes: A summer day without rain. I blew off my run even though my new running shoes arrived today. Last night was the second night with the new cooling “blanket”. I put blanket in quotes because it’s definitely not a traditional blanket. Anyway, it was a gift from my dad and it’s wonderful. Our mattress sleeps hot and I’m constantly dealing with hot flashes. In other news, were disappointed to see bundles of shingles placed on top of our next door neighbor's (not the annoying one) roof. This means roof replacement is imminent (not 7/4 since it’s a holiday). This will begin before we wake up. Boo.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 07.04.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Lottie Murphy: Pilates Warm Up | Beginners Level Routine
3. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 6: 60 raised arm circles. Rating = 9.5
4. Re: Center Challenge Day 6: 30 second plank hold, 3 sets. 30 seconds rest + 1 min stretch hold.
5. 60 Days of Walking Day 18: 60 minutes of walking: 6 mile walk outside.

❤️LM: Rating = 8.5. The same as yesterday. The only move that bothered my injury was deadbugs.
❤️RCC: 8.0. I'm still feeling some discomfort with planks.
❤️60DoW: 1:47:34. Switched days 17 and 18 because of the weather and still had to split it up because of storms.

Notes: Today was Independence Day. We dodged storms and I read Firefly Lane. I also blew off my intervals even though I came up with a new plan. I am great with coming up with plans…it’s my execution that sucks.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 07.05.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 7: 50 shoulder taps, 40 bicep extensions, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets.
3. Re: Center Challenge Day 7: 24 leg raises, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets. Rating = 9.5.
4. 60 Days of Walking Day 17, Part 2: Level 3, march steps.
5. 60 Days of Walking Day 17, Part 1: 45 minutes of walking: 4 mile walk outside.

❤️ULC: Rating = 7.0. This was no fun at all.
❤️60DoWP2: Rating = 8.0. I wasn’t in the mood to do squats but this was ok nonetheless.
❤️60DoWP1: 1:32:02. Chilly and overcast with light rain.

Notes: As expected, I was awakened by my neighbor’s roof replacement. Scott slept right through it since he wears ear plugs our bedroom is on the otherside of the house. I had to deal with a quick work thing through Slack. While I was on Slack, I asked a trusted colleague if she could let me know if anything big happened at the follow-up meeting that was today. She said she would. Not only did I not run, I blew off Pilates to finish the first Firefly Lane book. I then started the second one. It was a great day to read as we had another crappy weather day.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 07.06.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 8: 60 raised arm circles. Rating = 9.5.
3. Re: Center Challenge Day 8: 30 second plank hold, 3 sets. 30 seconds rest + 1 min stretch hold.
4. 60 Days of Walking Day 20: 60 minutes of walking: 6 mile walk outside.

❤️RCC: Rating = 8.0. I’m still feeling some discomfort with planks.
❤️60DoW: 1:48:04. Switched days 19 and 20 because of the weather and got rained on.

Notes: Obsession strikes again. I stayed in my pajamas until 12:30 finishing the second Firefly Lane book. The book and the series were really good. I plan on watching the Netflix series even though I heard it’s pretty different from the book. My colleague sent me her notes from the meeting today. She takes really good notes but now am more confused than ever. The weird summer weather continues and I am sick of walking in the rain.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 07.07.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 9: 50 shoulder taps, 50 bicep extensions, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets.
3. Re: Center Challenge Day 9: 24 leg raises, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets. Rating = 9.5.
4. 60 Days of Walking Day 19, Part 2: Level 3, march steps.
5. 60 Days of Walking Day 19, Part 1: 45 minutes of walking: 6 mile walk outside.
❤️ULC: = 7.5. Maybe a little bit better.
❤️60DoWP2: Rating = 9.0.
No pain during knees to elbows so I am thinking my injury is not abs.
❤️60DoWP1: 1:48. Cloudy, cool and breezy but not quiet because 2 roofs were being replaced.

Notes: Today’s wake-up call was from my annoying neighbor’s dog. Ugh. Since I finished the Firefly Lane series yesterday, today at breakfast I went back to reading the Led Zeppelin autobiography. This isn’t the first Zeppelin book I’ve read. When I was 14, I read Hammer of the Gods. I still have the hardback in the basement somewhere. Anyway, during that time, I would listen to Stairway to Heaven every night when I went to bed. I would fall asleep before they started rockin’ out. But then the cassette would hit the end, the play button would snap up and would scare the crap out of me. One night I was messed up and I did my typical Stairway to Heaven ritual. I had a crazy scary nightmare that had to do with a bloody stairwell. That was the end of my Stairway to Heaven ritual.
Enough of memory lane. Vacation time is running out and I didn’t do any running. I guess I will start my new plan on Monday.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 07.08.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos
3. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24
4. 60 Days of Walking Day 21: 90 minutes of walking: 6 mile walk outside.
5. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 10: 140 raised arm circles.
6. Re: Center Challenge Day 8: 30 second plank hold, 3 sets. 30 seconds rest + 1 min stretch hold.
❤️Boxing: Rating = 8.5. Good workout today. No discomfort from injury.
❤️YWB: Rating = 8.5. Minimal discomfort from injury...but it's still there.
❤️60DoW: 1:47:32. Clouds, more rain and some sun.
❤️ULC: Rating = 9.0. I am starting to feel these.
❤️RCC: Rating = 8.5. I think my injury is healing. I wish it would heal faster.

Notes: Day 8/9 and honestly I don’t know where the day went. I still have one day left but I can feel the anxiety rising for what awaits me at work. Wednesday is roof day so it’s going to be really loud. At least we have another vacation at the beginning of September.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 07.07.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos
3. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24
4. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 11: 50 shoulder taps, 50 bicep extensions, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets.
5. Re: Center Challenge Day 11: 28 leg raises, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets. Rating = 9.5.
6. End Game Workout.
7. 60 Days of Walking Day 22: 60 minutes of walking: 4 mile walk outside

❤️Boxing: Rating = 8.0. I felt a little out of sync in the beginning but got better.
❤️YWB: Minimal injury impact tday.
Rating = 8.0.
❤️ULC: Rating = 7.5. Another tough one. Light this is not.
❤️EG: Rating = 9.0. A lot of leg raises.
❤️60DoW: 1:13:27. Warm and dry.

Notes: Well, vacation is just about over and it went way too fast. Today was ok except that I had to listen to my neighbor (a different one) sand the top of his fence all day long. At least the sander isn’t as loud as his leaf blower, which he even uses in the winter. I got on the treadmill for a couple minutes today to try out my running shoes. I think they are going to be fine but I think that running is what caused my injury. Hopefully I will be ok for my intervals tomorrow. Ugh. I haven’t done intervals since before vacation. 🙀

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 07.10.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 12: 160 raised arm circles.
3. Re: Center Challenge Day 12: 30 second plank hold, 3 sets. 30 seconds rest + 1 min stretch hold.
4. 60 Days of Walking Day 23, Part 2: Level 3, march steps. No rest. Punches on the heavy bag. Rating = 9.5.
5. Boxing: 30 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
6. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24.
7. 60 Days of Walking Day 23, Part 1: 45 minutes of walking: 4 mile walk outside.

❤️ULC: Rating = 8.0. This is starting to get harder.
❤️RCC: Rating = 8.5. I still had some discomfort getting into the plank when I went left side first but no real pulling while in the plank.
❤️Boxing: Rating = 8.0. I didn’t feel like doing intervals so I did this instead. It went ok.
❤️WYB: Rating = 8.0. My lower back was a little stiff.
❤️60DoWP1: 1:12:48. Hot even though we didn’t go out until 6:45.

Notes: Back to work today. It was brutal because now I am being faced with all the changes that were announced before my vacation…with more to come. It’s easy for someone else to tell me not to worry about the future but I am a 52 year old remote worker who has been at the same company since 1997 and at in the same job since 1999. We’re not in a position to retire so I really can’t lose my job.
In other news, I think my brain was still on vacation so there were plenty of Dumb Dawn Tricks (not work related), summer is here (for real this time), and I have put off my triumphant return to intervals until Tuesday. Yes, I am The Great Procrastinator.😶‍🌫️

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 07.11.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 13: 60 shoulder taps, 60 bicep extensions, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets.
3. Re: Center Challenge Day 13: 32 leg raises, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets. Rating = 9.5.
4. 60 Days of Walking Day 25: 60 minutes of walking: 4 mile walk outside.

❤️ULC: Rating = 7.5. I probably went through this way too fast.
❤️60DoW: 14:06. Brutally hot, even in the evening.

Notes: No workout today because I stayed late working. Ugh.

Thank you @PetiteSheWolf @NancyTree 💖💖

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 07.12.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 14: 180 raised arm circles. Rating = 9.0.
3. Re: Center Challenge Day 12: 30 second plank hold, 3 sets. 30 seconds rest + 1 min stretch hold.
4. 60 Days of Walking Day 24, Part 1: 45 minutes of walking: 4 mile walk outside.

❤️ULC: Rating = 8.5. Not much discomfort getting into the plank from the left side today.
❤️60DoWP1: 1:10:47. Warm but not hot.

Notes: Just a bad day…worked late, family health issues and failing at life lessons.

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
:hug: to you Dawn. Sounds like the last few days haven't been kind to you. :(

If it helps you feel any better, failing at life lessons might as well be my middle name these days...which isn't surprising when you don't even know what they are (insert sarcastic snark here).

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 7.13.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 15: 60 shoulder taps, 60 bicep extensions, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets. Rating = 7.5.
3. Re: Center Challenge Day 15: 32 leg raises, 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets. Rating = 9.5.
4. 60 Days of Walking Day 23, Part 2: Level 3, march steps.
5. 60 Days of Walking Day 25, Part 2: Level 3, march steps.
6. 60 Days of Walking Day 25, Part 1: 45 minutes of walking: 4 mile walk outside. 1:14:03.
❤️60 DoW Day23 P2: Rating = 7.5. Not my favorite exercises but it was ok.
❤️60 DoW Day25 P2: Rating = 9.0. I never mind standing abs.
❤️60 DoW Day26 P1: 1:14:03. Pretty hot tonight.

Notes: Today was roof replacement day and it was loud. I embarrassingly kept losing my train of thought when trying to talk during a meeting. Then, during the same meeting, my dad sent me a text containing pictures of new injuries he and my mom have. Ugh.
So, I know I have a lot of issues at work but a few years ago (before we moved and I had to go into the office everyday), I had 4 really bad months. It really took a toll on me mentally and emotionally. I had some good coping mechanisms (walking outside and running) and some bad ones (blowing off said run for a Pick Your Own Fat for dinner – which was McDonald’s and sometimes keeping things bottled up inside, sometimes losing my temper). I did my overtime from home, which was good. Scott and I usually take a bunch of time off at the end of the year. While I usually feel like I need it, this year felt like I could not take one more second. I was at the end of my rope. I knew at I had to come with a strategy to mentally survive after the holidays. So, I practiced my cheesy smile in the mirror, I decided to only speak when I was spoken to in meetings (no chit-chat – these people were not my friends). I made sure my Ipod was stocked with tunes (including classical music to listen to if I had to analyze documents). I was going to wear headphones as much as I could. I planned to minimize contact and communication with those I did not trust. Going back to work in January, I felt a little ill but better at least I had a plan. Less than 2 months into new year, the colleague who wanted (and got) my position quit. I also think that she realized that being the Golden Child isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. There were quite a few other changes that happened too. A few years later I was given permission to go remote and we moved to Colorado.
The point of this story is that I had to make some changes in order to survive. I had to do things differently. Work is only one part of my life though. As the days go on now, I feel like it’s my whole life where I have to make some changes. Not in the way I did with work. That was an action plan. This has to be at my core.
“Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on”

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 7.14.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 16: 200 raised arm circles. Rating = 9.5
3. 60 Days of Walking Day 27: 60 minutes of walking: 6 mile walk outside. 1:49:58. Much better tonight.

❤️60DoW: 1:49:58. Much better tonight.

Notes. An uneventful day at work that went very fast. I didn’t feel like doing anything after work.

Last edited:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 7.15.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
3. YWB: Gentle Yoga in Bed! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge | Day 24. Rating = 9.0.
4. Re: Center Challenge Day 16: 30 second plank hold, 3 sets. 30 seconds rest + 1 min stretch hold. Rating = 9.0
5. 60 Days of Walking Day 28: 90 minutes of walking: 6 mile walk outside.

❤️Boxing: Rating = 8.5. This was a pretty good session.

Notes: I have somehow gotten behind on my challenges. Today I only did yesterday’s RCC (which I did not have any pain from). I guess I will get back on track Sunday.

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
How true for the tracks, at job or in life. When my boss and I come back from summer vacations, there's gonna be a serious talk because I see more clearly what changes /I/ need to hold long time, in light of the recent tensions, complains and resignation, but also how to present them so that /she/ sees the benefits, both short and long term, for our duty. Hoping she listens and that, above, they also listen.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 7.15.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
2. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
4. Re: Center Challenge Day 16: 30 second plank hold, 3 sets. 30 seconds rest + 1 min stretch hold. Rating = 9.0
5. 60 Days of Walking Day 27: 90 minutes of walking: 6 mile walk outside.
❤️Boxing: Rating = 8.5. This was a pretty good session.

Notes: I have somehow gotten behind on my challenges. Today I only did yesterday’s RCC (which I did not have any pain from). I guess I will get caught up on Sunday.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 7.16.2023
1. 10 Jumping Jacks
4. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 17: 60 shoulder taps, 60 bicep extensions. 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets. Rating = 7.5
5. Re: Center Challenge Day 17: 36 side leg raises. 3 sets. 30 seconds active rest of march steps between sets. Rating = 9.0
6. Upperbody Light Challenge Day 18: 220 raised arm circles in one go. Rating = 8.0
7. Re: Center Challenge Day 18: 30 seconds plank hold. 3 sets. 30 seconds rest between sets. 1 minute stretch hold. Rating = 8.5.
8. 60 Days of Walking Day 29: 60
minutes of walking: 4 mile walk outside. 1:15:08. Hot and slow.

❤️Boxing: Rating = 8.5. I felt like I got into a groove in the second half of the workout.
❤️60DoW: 1:15:08. Hot and slow.

Notes: It was an ordinary Sunday until it wasn’t. At least I got caught up on the challenges.

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
It does seem like you've had to deal with an awful lot Dawn @CODawn :hug:. I think my train of thought would have been scatterbrained (to be charitable) if I had to go through a meeting while my roof was being replaced.

I just hope you aren't feeling any pressure to "get caught up" on the challenges. I'm finding I have to give myself a lot of grace on the programs that I'm working on now. But I also get that some days this is a lot easier said than done.