696 Days

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
"Theres no easy way out. Theres no shortcut home"
Friday 11.17.2023
1. Core Control Challenge Day 6: 80 Leg Raises.
2. Recovery Day 8: Yoga. Rating = 8.5.
3. 5 mile walk outside. 1:27.

❤️CCC: Rating = 8.0. My back already hurt.

Notes: I ate lunch at my desk to avoid working late and I ended up working late anyway. I missed all my workouts except recovery. There was no excuse to skip evening yoga and Tai Chi.

At least we walked the extra mile and we’re off from work for the next 9 days.

Thank you @PetiteSheWolf. She said they got it all and she's good to go

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 11.18.2023
1. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
2. YWB: 8 Min Morning Stretch - FEEL GOOD MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY!
3. 8.10 mile walk outside

❤️Boxing: Rating = 7.5. This felt better than last week but I had a small headache which makes boxing less enjoyable..
❤️YWB: Rating = 8.0. It was all good until the downward dog sequence.
❤️Walk: 8.10 cloudy and cool mile walk at the Ponds. Wildlife spotted: various waterfowl.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 11.19.2023
1. Boxing: 20 minutes of speedbag/heavy bag (punching, kicking, strikes (knee, elbow, palm), back fist combos.
2. YWB: 8 min Morning Yoga Stretch for Muscle Soreness.
3. Begin with Breath Tai Chi: Day 6 – Total Body Stretch | BEGIN – 30 Days of Tai Chi
4. Core Control Challenge Day 7: 40 Torso Twists. Rating = 9.5.
5. Recovery Day 9: UpperBody Stretch. Rating = 9.0.
6. Core Control Challenge Day 8: 90 Leg Raises. Rating = 9.0
7. Recovery Day 10: Box Breathing. Rating = 9.5
8. 30 Days of LIIT Day 6: Level 3, no rest.
9. 30 Days of LIIT Day 7: Level 3, no rest. Rating = 9.0.
10. 2.25 mile walk. 38:27

❤️Boxing: Rating = 8.5. Better boxing today.🥊
❤️YWB: Rating = 8.5. Quick and mostly chill. Only 1 downward dog.
❤️BwBTC: Rating = 9.0. A very calming 10 minutes.
❤️30DoL Day 6: Rating = 9.0. A very calming 10 minutes.

Notes: This was my normal day. Looking back on it, it wasn’t normal at all. I knew there was something wrong with my husband. He was feeling fine but he had been exhibiting symptoms. The newest one being a spontaneous hematoma on his leg.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 11.20.2023
15 minutes of march steps.

Notes: We both up early for a vacation day. I had a meltdown. While my husband was at a doctor’s appointment and getting bloodwork, I had a breakdown. I do not wish to get into specifics but was scary and exhausting. As a result of my husband’s CBC, he was told to go to the ER. His platelet count was 1. After more tests, his was admitted with a platelet count of 0. He had no internal bleeding an the rest of his CBC ruled out cancer as the cause of platelet destruction. He received treatment and felt fine. I spent the night on the pullout bed. I felt weak and queasy with anxiety.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 11.21.2023
15 minutes of march steps.

Notes: After a long day, my husband was released from the hospital with a platelet count of 11. He received another treatment also took his first dose of steroids. Everyone at the hospital was wonderful and my favorite neighbor was a true friend.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 11.22.2023
5 mile walk outside. 1:31:51.

Notes: My husband woke up feeling great. We both slept long and hard because we didn’t get much sleep the night before at the hospital…plus he’s feeling the effects of the high dose of steroids. He reported at noon for another blood test. His platelet count was up to 26. His new doctor called in the afternoon. All the testing at the hospital confirmed his diagnosis was “idiopathic”…which means the cause is undetermined. She also said that 80% of cases in adults are chronic. My husband fully intends to be in the 20% who are not. It was nice to go for a walk today.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Thursday 11.23.2023
15 minutes of march step variations

Notes: Today was a typical Thanksgiving. Football and food. During the morning call with my parents, dad told me he might not feel up to going to my cousin’s house (for those of you who don’t know, my parents live 1000 miles away). When I talked to my dad in the evening, I did find out he did go.

Thank you @Baryl 💗

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Friday 11.24.2023
15 minutes of march steps

Notes: It was too cold and snowy to walk outside and I just don’t care enough to do anything else. I did the march steps during Black Friday game. We had our normal Friday night carry-in and and watched our normal shows but nothing feels normal. Today was my husband’s last day on the steroids.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Saturday 11.25.2023
15 minutes of stairs

Notes: It was too cold to walk outside. We stayed up late talking but I wasn’t planning on getting up to do boxing anyway. I still feel low level anxiety and I just can’t get up for it. Along with my current coping mechanism of reading books I’ve read before, I’ve picked up watching music countdowns online. I guess I could be doing worse. The stairs were hard. I used to run stairs in my old house for a ½ hour…I could barely walk them for 15 minutes tonight.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Sunday 11.26.2023
15 minutes of march steps

Notes: I miss the days when the worst thing about Football Sunday was some stupid football shit. Today was terrible. My husband was awakened at 5:45 with the worst acid reflux ever…his whole upper body hurt (this is a withdrawal side effect of the steroids). He tried several remedies and ended staying on the couch for a while). He did come back bed. The rest of the day was really rough. My husband was suffering from withdrawal from the steroids. Not only did he have no energy, he had a massive headache with intense pressure. Plus, when he blew he nose, he saw blood. He said it’s not like the blood he saw when he was having symptoms. My anxiety ramps up but at the same time I feel like I am under water. I talk to my parents at night and they are both feeling like crap because of the COVID vaccine.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Monday 11.27.2023
4 mile walk outside 1:13:29.

Notes: It’s back to work today. I have no feelings about this whatsoever as our vacation did not feel like a vacation. Some “easy” work tasks might be a nice distraction. My wish is granted. I have my bi-weekly meeting with my supervisor. I really don’t mind because he’s one of best supervisors I’ve had. I tell him everything that is going on and that I will be attending all my husband’s appointments. He is empathetic and understanding and tells me not to worry about making up the time. The morning call with my parents doesn’t go as well. Although my mom feels fine, my dad is weak and feels like crap. My husband is also suffering from the withdrawal side effects (headache, pressure, certain foods taste crappy). He feels the best on our walk but in the evening the headache and reflux return. When I talk to my dad in the evening, he seems to be feeling better.

Last edited:

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Tuesday 11.28.2023
4 mile walk outside 1:14:01.

Notes: Today is my husband’s first follow-up appointment (with bloodwork). I am relieved that it’s early. My anxiety is sky high and I feel weak and queasy. Before the appointment, my husband has mountain of paperwork to do. He has no patience for this since he still has a headache. We meet with the PA since the doctor is on vacation. We like her but she has some bad news for us. My husband’s platelets have dropped back to 11. I feel like I’ve been punched in the gut and a swear word slips out. PA prescribes another round of high dose steroids to start today. When I call my dad to update him (my mom is bowling), he has an update on his own. He doing worse and may have to go to urgent care. After the phone call, I can’t stop crying. When my mom gets home, my parents call. They are arguing about whether or not my mom said she was going to eat after bowling (she stopped for a bowl of soup). Apparently, now it’s “too late” for my dad to go in. WTF.

CODawn

Huntress from Colorado
Wednesday 11.29.2023
4 mile walk outside 1:11:18

Notes: My dad’s condition continues to deteriorate. He needs to go to the ER but he won’t go. My mom is upset and she talks about calling 9-1-1. The only thing he has to eat is a protein drink very little soup. He’s so weak, he can barely stand up. My anxiety is sky high. I can barely eat and I cry a lot.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I'm so sorry, this situation is horrible. I hope they will both get better and well soon. Try to take care of yourself nonetheless. Small things like eating, showering, laundry...

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Happy Birthday @CODawn :happy:

Happy Birthday GIF by Rodney Dangerfield