How long will I keep it up ?

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @JCU @TakingBabyStepsBack @CODawn @Mamatigerj @Montserrat @BetaCorvi @Anek @PetiteSheWolf @TopNotch @Fremen :thanku:
I did a video everyday since saturday (cardio principally) and went swimming for 30 minutea each day. Yesterday I didn't because I managed to hurt my other leg while doing the video and although I stopped right away my back is acting up. I need to seriously slow things down while I'm on the mend because this is starting to escalate way to high. I'll continue swimming and maybe start a simple challenge for this month. I haven't decided what yet because I'm resting and not in the right mindset, I can't keep making the mistake of taking on things that are above my level and ending up injured.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Here is what I will do this month, considering what I can actually do and not what I would like or had in mind before the injuries...
I will do the fondation program, and add zen as an add-on for stretches and posture.
I will also do the "easy" challenges (easy abs, easy core, easy arms and easy cardio). It should help me stay on course to know I'll have a handful of badges to claim at the end. I'll try to walk or swim at least 30 minutes everyday on top of that, more if I have time for more.
I am realising it is really hard for me to take a step back and let myself heal, even if I know the longer road is sometimes the shortest one...
Wish me luck !
Yesterday I only went swimming for 30 minutes.
Today, D1 of all of the programs and challenges above + 30 min of walk (to the market and back) and some exercises for my back.
Have a nice day or night bees !

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you for your healing vibes and support @PetiteSheWolf @JCU @TakingBabyStepsBack and @Syrius :love:

Thank you for your luck wishes and support @JCU @Mamatigerj @Anek and @Syrius :thanku:

Today I did D2 of my programs and challenges + 30 min walk to and from the train station.
The plan originally was to go running with a friend today but it adapted to a lovely chat over coffee and cake... We'll see if we can go for a little walk next week.

Have a nice day or night bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Done today :
  • Fondation program D3
  • Easy abs D3
  • Easy core D3
  • Easy cardio D3
  • Easy arms D3
  • Zen D3
I also went swimming for an hour and walked 13000 steps (around 80 minutes throughout the day). I'm a lot less active because of my back, but my legs seem to be healed (I could stretch my quads without pain today) :happy:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thanks @Mamatigerj @JCU @Anek @Syrius @PetiteSheWolf @Fremen @Froud :love: you are adorable people
My back has been bothering me for 2 years now so I'm used to it. I was so thrilled to be able to run again this spring, I thought I could never do that again because of my back. So now I'm back to "normal" for me but I keep the hope that I'll have periods when I feel better and can move without pain again. In the meanwhile...

Done today :
  • Fondation program D5
  • Easy abs D5
  • Easy core D5
  • Easy cardio D5
  • Easy arms D5
  • Zen D5
Also 30 minutes walking to do groceries and back. I hope I can spare some time to go swimming later, I'll edit if I do.

Edit : went swimming for 45 min (1,3km). It did wonders for my back :happy:

Last edited:

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
I still want to say I’m sorry to hear that the back issues have been…around for a while. Not something I’d wish on a bee. :(

I’m glad to hear your legs are better though! Glad to see you swimming! :)

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @TakingBabyStepsBack @CODawn and @NancyTree :love:
I think that's why it was so hard for me to stop working out at a harder level... I've been watching every move I make for so long now that when it stoped I didn't want to be careful anymore. Which is stupid. But also very human...

Done yesterday and today :
  • Fondation program D6+7
  • Easy abs D6+7
  • Easy core D6+7
  • Easy cardio D6+7
  • Easy arms D6+7
  • Zen D6+7
Yesterday I walked for an hour in 15 minutes chuncks. I went with the library with the girls and my sister and the trolley and took too many books : my back hurts a lot today...

Today I also did the lower back workout on darebee and I will edit to add my walk when it's done. Nothing fancy considering the pain level today... We're receiving guests tonight and I'm worried about how I'm going to get through that as I can't stand or sit for more than 15-30 minutes...

Edit : 1 hour slow walking

Have a nice day/night bees!

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Botenlauben and @Syrius :loveit:

Done today :
  • Fondation program D8
  • Easy abs D8
  • Easy core D8
  • Easy cardio D8
  • Easy arms D8
  • Zen D8
I went walking with my soon to be 3y.o. and my mom this morning. A beautiful hike in the forest I had done with my sister last week in 1 hour. We did it in 2 hours with my daughter (no surprises there), what bothered me is that I couldn't walk any faster than my daughter... Which means my back pain is worse than it was when it started. It's going to be a long one... I need to work again in September, I hope I'll be able to...

Have a nice day/night bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Lupus Sheol @JCU @Syrius and @Fremen :flowers:

You guys really helped me through yesterday that was a low point for me untill I tried the stationary bike at my parents and realised I could do that without hurting. So I cycled for 30 minutes as hard as I could and I was back to myself. The anxiety went away and I slept like a baby :happy:

Done today :
  • Fondation program D9+10
  • Easy abs D9+10
  • Easy core D9+10
  • Easy cardio D9+10
  • Easy arms D9+10
  • Zen D9+10
Also 30min of stationary bike and quite a bit of walking around with grocery shopping. My back still hurts but I could move today so I'm happy !

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
Sounds like it was a better day for you @Tileenah! I’m sorry to hear about the back still giving you problems though. You’re welcome to reach out to me if you ever need to vent (if I haven’t told you that already for doing the same for me, I’m telling you now).

Sending some healing vibes of my own: :vibes:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Mamatigerj @Lupus Sheol @Syrius @TakingBabyStepsBack :mhearts:

Done yesterday :
  • Fondation program D11+12
  • Easy abs D11+12
  • Easy core D11+12
  • Easy cardio D11+12
  • Easy arms D11+12
  • Zen D11+12
I also walked a lot yesterday with my sister and brother and his oldest child (they're here for my parent's 50th anniversary, that we're celebrating today).
I know I should go swimming today but I lack the motivation... At least I did my darebee program.
I'm back at a better pace for walking but my brother made fun of my posture (my back still hurts so I'm not straight at all) and we made jokes about being the ministry of silly walks. It was nice.

I wish you all a fantastic day or night bees!

Last edited:

dancer

Fae from India
Pronouns: She/Her
"New Bee getting fit"
I have to adapt quite a bit. Put in the most direct way possible, the osteoarthritis in my hip compromises my range of motion, so I have to be REALLY careful with what I do.

You are not alone there @Tileenah. Sending you healing vibe

Thank you @JCU @TakingBabyStepsBack @CODawn @Mamatigerj @Montserrat @BetaCorvi @Anek @PetiteSheWolf @TopNotch @Fremen :thanku:
I did a video everyday since saturday (cardio principally) and went swimming for 30 minutea each day. Yesterday I didn't because I managed to hurt my other leg while doing the video and although I stopped right away my back is acting up. I need to seriously slow things down while I'm on the mend because this is starting to escalate way to high. I'll continue swimming and maybe start a simple challenge for this month. I haven't decided what yet because I'm resting and not in the right mindset, I can't keep making the mistake of taking on things that are above my level and ending up injured.
Becareful of injuries do physiotheraphy