Montserrat's Musings

Montserrat

Rogue from The Netherlands
7-5-2023 - day 83
and
Apparently I changed into a goat :LOL:

day20.jpg

This story is strange. But it is amusing and the workouts are nice and varied.

and

Last edited:

Montserrat

10-5-2023 - day 86

and
  • HC Hybrid Routine
    • 2x15 Alternating Leg Raises (I made a mistake and mixed up today's and tomorow's exercises)
    • 2x15 Wall Bridges
and
and also, The Exercise of the Day was somehow tailored exactly to my hamstring-stretching focus:
I'm really enjoying my workouts these days!

:epicdance:

Edit: Later, I also did Balance workout w/EC.

Last edited:

Montserrat

Last edited:

Montserrat

14-5-2023 - day 90

and
I've started watching the Yoga with Adriene Foundations of Yoga videos, that happen to discuss in some detail some of the poses that are also used in the Darebee workouts. I'm a bit of a perfectionist I guess and I love trying to perform the exercises as good as I can. Every now and then, when I have the time, I will practice with one of these videos and slowly work my way through them.

So today was the first one:
Is it Mother's Day where you all live too? Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

Montserrat

Montserrat

Montserrat

Last edited:

Montserrat

18-5-2023 - day 94

and
and
:completed:

and
also

So... time for a new program! I enjoyed Zero Hero, because of its variety and also because I like the RPG element. The little story keeps you going. Now I am thinking of doing a slightly more intense program. Thinking of the following:
  • Shadebound: Really like the stealth/ninja/combat theme, but I am still struggling a lot with plank and pushup exercises, and there seem to be a lot of those.
  • Ironborn: Training with weights does intrigue me but I only own a set of 4kg dumbbells and I'm not sure whether that would be too light. Would be nice to put them to use, though...
  • Hero's Journey: Seems like a lot of fun, but a bit more time-demanding, perhaps?
Anyway, I'll probably want to try them all, some time. What would you all say would be the best order to do them in?

Last edited:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Congrats on zero hero! :gotthis:
Shadebound was my first darebee program. I enjoyed it, but had a hard time with all the martial art moves (as I knew nothing about kicking or punching) it's doable I think.
For dumbells, I found this while asking myself what weight I should take https://darebee.com/fitness/how-to-choose-dumbbells.html so I guess you should do the 20 biceps curls to do the test and then decide wether or not to do ironborn?
I can't help you with hero's journey though, I haven't tested it yet.
Have fun choosing!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
I found Shadebound fun but keep in mind it's more of a lv 2 program than a lv 3 in my opinion, the hero's journey is very cool but challenging, if you make it to lv 3 it takes time.
Ironborn requires a set of dumbbells with different weights available, hope this helps :)

BetaCorvi

Mage from Belgium
Pronouns: She/her
Congrats on Zero Hero! :support:

I personally found shadebound pretty easy - very much more of a 2 than a 3 like Fremen said. That's with the caveat that I do do a martial art and the kicks/punches felt more natural to me. For most of the push-ups/planks, I think you should be able to do those on your knees if they're too much of an issue.
You are right about Hero's Journey taking more time - it is why I ended up stopping it halfway through - I just couldn't motivate myself to set aside that time towards the evenings.
For Ironborn, if you are not used to weight training 4kg dumbbells might be perfectly fine to start with, if the 20 alternating bicep curls with them are challenging. They may be too light for some exercises, but then you could always slow down the execution of the reps, or increase rep counts. If doing 20 alternating bicep curls is very easy/not challenging at all, I would probably say skip that one for now until you have access to different weights.

However, I don't think there is one "logical" order to do them in. They're all fun/solid programs. Probably had most fun with Shadebound myself.

Montserrat

Thanks everyone! For your cheers and your suggestions. I think I'll go with Shadebound then, seems to be the easiest to fit into my day, also not needing special equipment. And it seems fun too! Some day I'll do those other programs though... slowly working my way upwards. I'll start Shadebound tomorrow.

:curlz:

19-5-2023 - day 95

and
and
and

Montserrat

Thanks @roman @CODawn!

Somehow, I suddenly don't feel well today. I slept well, but I woke up feeling slightly nauseous and dizzy. This was more than six hours ago and I'm still feeling it. Strange, no idea why. I'm just taking it very easy, which is a pity because it's nice weather outside. Hope it goes away!

20-5-2023 - day 96

:completed:

and

Montserrat

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
Did it get very warm all of a sudden over the weekend over there in the Netherlands? Just asking, because I felt kind of dizzy yesterday morning, too, and the weather has changed over here. It's not something I have experienced when I was younger, but noticed during my late thirties. Maybe it's something like this?

Montserrat

@Nihopaloa Actually, that could be spot on. It did get warmer here, and I am sometimes affected by that. It's just that this time around, it surprised me because it started immediately after waking up and getting out of bed, when it was not all that warm yet. Ah well... it's still bothering me a bit, but not as much.

@BetaCorvi @Silent Wolf @NancyTree @Froud Thank you, thank you!

I went to see Paul Weller in concert last night, which was nice. Didn't do much in terms of working out. Still recovering...!

22-5-2023 - day 98

23-5-2023 - day 99

Montserrat

Today I finally started my ninja adventure :ss:

Completing the workout on level III wasn't all that easy for me. My arms sure are in need of some training! Looking forward to the rest of the program though. More planking tomorrow...

Also, 100 consecutive days of exercise!

24-5-2023 - day 100 :gstar::rstar::star:

and
and
and