Late morning
-- part II of 60 Days of Walking | lvl III | walking

Afternoon
-- 36 min base run

Evening
-- untracked walk

Saturday, Sept 23

Throughout the day
packing and cleaning in the old flat (mostly my fiancé because I had some work to do)

Evening
Concert with friends! We went to see Paddy and the Rats, which is a great band, but the acoustics and/or the technical side of the audio was horrible…

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Uh-oh, it looks like my previous post got lost somewhere... I don't remember the exact workouts I did from 18 to 20, but there was nothing unusual training-wise. What was unusual though is that we were moving. We're mostly done, all the furniture have been put together in the new (noticeably bigger) flat, and most of our stuff is already unpacked. There are still some things we need to carry here from the old flat which we also need to clean (painting is mostly done).

We had one rough night when we had no idea where the cat was... there were some scheduling issues with the transportation of the furniture, and, long story short, Potyka got very scared and stressed, and he hid before we could put him in his carrier. We thought he was under the bathtub, since he knew he was unreachable there, but after things were settled and I checked there, he was nowhere to be found... and there were no furniture left where he could have hidden. Next day there was still no sign of him, and the treats we left in the bathroom weren't even touched. We were worried that he either escaped the building (which would have been strange, because the only way out was the source of the scary noises), or that he fell into the vent hole and got hurt and stuck without us being able to get him out... At some point we finally heard him from  behind the bathtub, where he had climbed onto the tubes, and my fiancé managed to bribe him out with his favorite food...

Of course he was quite stressed at the new place, too, but now, a couple of days later, he's starting to get used to it. In the beginning, he stayed in the bedroom, and we kept the door closed so he would feel safer, especially at night when we were there with him for hours. Since then we could finally move his stinky food to the kitchen, because he's not scared to go there anymore. The transition was cute, he kept sneaking out of the bedroom to check one thing or another then sprinted back under the bed, to safety. :LOL: I think we can say that all is well now: today, instead of spending most of his time under the bed, he kept meowing and scratching at the door of the living room because he wanted to explore there, and, once his wish was granted, he tried to occupy as much space in the middle of it as possible.

View attachment 2525
Poor guy and poor you. A true horror story so I'm glad it has a happy ending.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Ah, the scare! I feel for you! Glad that Potyka is over the move-stress and starting to take possession of its new kingdom. And isn't it funny how they can stretch and take so much place? :heart: Less funny when it's your own bed and you're being pushed to the side, LOL, but still, they are KINGS.

Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
Thank you, @Gandhalfit , @JCU , @NancyTree , @PetiteSheWolf ! :love:

Sunday, Sept 24

Throughout the day
-- packing and cleaning in the old flat

Evening
-- 25 min run

Monday, Sept 25

Morning
45 min run:
-- 10 min warmup
-- 3x: 7 min @ 170 bpm | 2 min walk
-- 10 min cooldown

Throughout the day
-- cleaning the old flat

Evening
-- Days 22-25 of The Miner | with optional quest

Mianevem

Thursday, Sept 28

We tried a gym close to our new place. It isn't as good as the previous one was, but I think I'll get used to it. The music, of course, is not my taste at all here either.

Midday at the gym
-- Days 26-28 of The Miner | with optional quest
-- First row of Pull A before my fiancé announced that he was done with his own workout | bicep curls with 7 kg, bent over rows with 7-8-9 kg, upright rows with 9 kg dumbbells

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I've never been to gym but, is the music that horrible? Can you put on headphones and listen to whatever you want or is the music too loud for that? Do they take requests 🤔 👀 😳

Mianevem

@Gandhalfit our first day there it was mostly techno and dubstep stuff with disgusting macho lyrics like "bend that ass girl" and similar. It's hard to convince yourself to do squats to such songs... The next day there were old and iconic Hungarian songs which you only hear at wedding parties -- that was very strange. Today there was light pop music, which was at least easy not to get distracted by. So there's some variety, it seems.
Headphones don't work, the music is too loud, especially where the free weights are. Luckily there's a separate little room with two treadmills and enough space for warmup/stretching/bodyweight exercises, and the speakers are pleasantly far away from there. And there's absolutely no music in the cardio room upstairs.
I'm not sure about them taking requests, I might try it many months from now, when I don't feel like a stranger anymore. 😳

Friday, Sept 29

Morning at the gym
-- Not Perfect | lvl I
-- Core Stability | with EC

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
It seems like a wide variety. I hope you could handle it and don't have to spend all your time in the separate room.

Mianevem

@Gandhalfit I'm very sensitive to noises, and I'm especially annoyed by music when I'm trying to sleep, but luckily I can easily disregard it when I'm working out. :happy:

Saturday, Sept 30

Afternoon at the gym
-- Days 29-30 of The Miner | with optional quest
-- Legs A | squats and reverse lunges with 7 kg, calf raises with 10 kg dumbbells, goblet squat with a 10 kg dumbbell, single-leg deadlifts: no time for those…

Mianevem

So, between October and December, the most notable events were:
  • 2 LARPs: a weekend-long Skellige-themed one, where I played a seasoned warrior and my character ended up taking her life in a ritual and come back in the final battle as one of Freya's valkyries. The other one was a rather abstract, non-verbal LARP called Strangers that was about the meeting of two cultures and how they mingled and ultimately merged (or did they?)
  • I'm slowly getting back to regular runs. It's hard to fit it into my everyday routine again, but I plan to run a second marathon in October 2024, so I should get back to a proper baseline before I start training for that.
  • My progress with 60 Days of Walking is veeeeery slow. I'm just too stressed and/or busy most days to fit it in. I  will finish it, but without claiming the badge. Some days I did it on the elliptical in the gym we've been going to since our move. This was the first time I tried this machine, and I like it! It's easy to stay in HR zone 2, and it's also easy on the joints. It'll be good for when I need a little rest from running
  • What I did finish is: Epic Abs, Daily HIIT
Here's a video our photographer edited from what she managed to record during the Skellige LARP: :heart:

Mianevem

Friday, 1 December

Evening
-- 1 hr walk | day 53 of 60 Days of Walking
-- Day 1 of Fit December
-- 3x10 power squats | day 1 of Power Squats
After the challenge I intended to do a lower body workout too, but I was feeling very stressed, so I decided to do some meditation and breathwork instead

Saturday, 2 December

Evening
-- Day 2 of Fit December
-- Day 2 of Power Squats

There was another LARP this day, with the theme being New Year's Eve. Everyone had two characters in two different timelines, and it was like two episodes of a soap opera with all the petty drama between the characters. :LOL: The creator might have been inspired by the movie Perfetti sconosciuti.

Sunday, 3 December

Evening
-- 5 km run
-- Day 3 of Fit December
-- 3x10 power squats | day 2 of Power Squats
-- Balance & Coordination
-- 2x5 min meditation
-- breathwork

I've been feeling rather… unstable lately. I get stressed, annoyed and whiny very easily, and one minor little thing is enough to make me anxious for the rest of the day. I think I know what the causes are though, and I'm slowly working through them.

Mianevem

Thank you, @Mamatigerj !

Monday, 4 December

Before breakfast
-- Forge Master | bicep curls with 6 kg, flys with 5 kg, rows with 8 kg, hammer curls 7-7.5 kg and shrugs with 10 kg dumbbells
-- 5x20 split squats
-- Day 4 of Power Squats
-- 3x20 jumping lunges

Late evening
-- Day 4 of Fit December

Biking: 11.33 km in total

Tuesday, 5 December

Afternoon
-- Forge Master | bicep curls with 6 kg, flys with 5 kg, rows with 8 kg, hammer curls with 7.5 kg, shrugs with 10 kg dumbbells
-- 3x12 power squats | day 5 of Power Squats
-- Day 5 of Fit December | no rest | high knees instead of march steps
-- 1 km run on the treadmill

Wednesday, 6 December

Evening
-- 30 min walk | counted for day 54 of 60 Days of Walking
-- Day 6 of Fit December
-- Day 6 of Power Squats

Thursday, 7 December

Before breakfast
-- Day 7 of Fit December | DAREBEE was down and all I knew was that this was abs day with 4 exercises, so I did the first 4 that came to my mind. These were flutter kicks (I knew this was the first exercise), crunches, sit-ups and reverse crunches, 10 reps each for 5 sets
-- 3x12 power squats | day 7 of Power Squats
-- 3 km run on treadmill

Late afternoon
-- part II of day 54 of 60 Days of Walking | lvl I
-- Sanctuary

Evening
-- breathwork
-- 5+10 min meditation | day 2 of Zen

Friday, 8 December

Late afternoon
-- 60 min on the elliptical | day 55 of 60 Days of Walking

Late evening
-- Day 8 of Fit December | hall pass because I didn't have the patience for these exercises that evening
-- Day 8 of Power Squats
-- King of the Hill | lvl I

Saturday, 9 December

Another Paddy and the Rats concert this day! With The Dublin Legends before/with them, who I believe came to Hungary for the very first time in their loooong history!

Sunday, 10 December

The entire day was spent playing with the fourth edition of Twilight Imperium.

Mianevem

Monday, 11 December

Before breakfast
-- Day 9 of Fit December | no rest
-- 3x14 power squats | day 9 of Power Squats
-- Day 10 of Fit December
-- Day 10 of Power Squats
-- Day 11 of Fit December
-- 42 power squats | day 11 of Power Squats
-- 5-Minute Strength | 6 kg dumbbells
-- Day 3 of Zen

Evening
-- 3 km run

Late evening
-- Steelworks | lvl I | 120/1000 kicks for a unicorn

Tuesday, 12 December

Midday
-- 5 km run

Afternoon
-- Day 12 of Power Squats

Evening
-- Fearless | lvl III | with EC | a total of 680/1000 kicks for a unicorn | my left hip was clicking annoyingly during side lunges and knee strikes with that leg. The other kicks and side leg raises were perfectly fine. There was no pain, but I was still careful, keeping in mind that that was the hip that kept me from running for months
-- Day 12 of Fit December
-- Sanctuary

Wednesday, 13 December

Morning
-- 5 km run

Evening
-- Day 13 of Fit December

Late evening
-- 3x16 power squats | day 13 of Power Squats

Mianevem

Thank you, @JCU , @Maegaranthelas , @Fremen , @Anek , @Laura Rainbow Dragon , @Rissa !

Thursday, 14 December

Before breakfast
-- Code Zero | lvl III | with EC | a total of 960/1000 kicks for a unicorn
-- 40 knee strike+elbow strike combos | a total of 1000 kicks for a unicorn :wand: | my hip was clicking in the beginning, but in the second half I could be a little more explosive
-- Making It Happen | with EC
-- Day 14 of Fit December
-- Day 14 of Power Squats

Friday, 15 December

Not much, just walking a bit. We're visiting my sister and her husband in Vienna. Apart from talking and playing a board game (a fun little party card game called Fröccs (spritzer) where you have to prepare and sell spritzers while undermining the other players’ businesses), we went to see the Christmas market at Schloss Schönbrunn.

Mianevem

Thank you, @JCU , @Mamatigerj , @Fremen , @TopNotch !

Saturday, 16 December

Today we went to see the Seegrotte, then checked out the Christmas market in Baden.

Late evening
-- Day 15 of Fit December | hall pass
-- 3x16 power squats | day 15 of Power Squats
-- Day 16 of Power Squats

Sunday, 17 December

-- lots of walking | counted for day 56 of 60 Days of Walking

We walked around in the gardens of Schloss Schönbrunn, then on Karlsplatz, visiting the Karlskirche and eating some wurst, and finished the day out in a fancy Viennese café before heading back to my sister's to play two rounds of Pandemic: Fall of Rome, failing to save the empire both times, despite playing on easy.

And now I'm wondering if the sausage is the reason both my fiancé and I feel too queasy to fall asleep. It's unfortunate, because we have to get up at 5 am to get to the bus that takes us back to Budapest, and it's past 1 am now… Though I guess we can sleep a little on the bus. I know I will, because the pill I take for motion sickness practically turns me into a zombie. I expect an unproductive day tomorrow.