The Forever Journey

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I'm feeling much better now.

3/3 - Easy arms, day 9

3/4 - Easy arms, day 10 - Couldn't do all the reps on the last sat without dropping my arms several times. I think I may keep repeating days 9 and 10 until the bicep extensions are easier to do

Weight: 247 - So grateful for this lol

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Okay, I think I can't do "easy arms" right now because my back/shoulders are inflamed + stiff. I tried doing the arm circles today, but had to drop during the second set which is silly! I tried lateral raises too, those were even worse (only did 7 reps, 1 set).

So instead

Dexterity - Level 3 + EC

Weight: 246.9

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I didn't exercise yesterday. My streak is broken. I don't know what it was exactly, but I'm guessing around 65 days or so. I technically broke my streak about a week ago - I did exercises at 3am the next day - but I still counted it as the day before because I hadn't slept yet.
I'm upset about losing my streak, but today I made myself hit the gym in order to get myself pumped again. I have barely been exercising the past couple of weeks. I've had a lot of stuff going on, and I've been thrown off my game.

I've been writing workouts as REPSxSETS, but apparently it's suopposed to be SETSxREPS :( So I will change to the correct way from now on, even though it feels unnatural lol.

• Stair machine - 23 floors (15 minutes)
• Treadmill - 1.45 miles (30 minutes) Average heart rate: 184
• Leg press - 3x15 (170 pounds) -- Since I keep doing more and more each time (and getting surprised), I decided to find my one rep max. My one rep max is 300 pounds! BOY! I have been severely underestimating how much I can do on this machine!!!

• Chest press - 3x15 (60 pounds)
• Lateral raises - 3x10 (5 pounds) - Ho BOY did I feel this in my shoulders after doing the chest press!!!

Weight: 251.3 I am sobbing

Last edited:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Well, I remember getting excited that I didn't get sick in january, because I've been getting sick every other month for a year.
Wasn't sick in February either.

I am sick now. Seems it just skipped a month. It's always the same exact symptoms. It hurts just to move my hands or to stand up. I'll be out of commission for a few days.

But I'll be a beast when I come back.

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I have strep throat. I think I must've been getting strep throat every time I've gotten sick like this for the past year. The last time I went to the doctor for these symptoms, it showed negative for strep (despite having the same white dots on my tonsils). I am thinking that must've been a false negative. I will talk to my doctor about getting my tonsils removed. I got strep throat all the time when I was a kid. Now that I think about, I wonder why the heck they never removed my tonsils when I was a kid!

Fever went up to 103.5 yesterday. Was delirious for two days, but that's better now. My temp is only 100 today! I can barely breathe, my tonsils are so swollen that the hole in my throat to breathe out of is smaller than a dime. Couldn't sleep last night because I couldn't breathe while lying down.

Tried doing bicep extensions, only did one and a half sets.

But good news: Today my weight is 245.5! Booya.

I think I've lost some muscle in my shoulder, unfortunately. Need to hit that chest press and those lateral raises HARD when I get over this strep. I won't stop until my shoulders can break concrete walls!!

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I've almost fully recovered from the strep. Just a sore throat + some coughing is all I'm dealing with now!

The bicep extensions are still pretty hard for me, seems like my back and shoulders are still inflamed, bleh. Got some good pops out of the foam roller today. Seems I'm loosening up some back muscles slowly but surely.

• Easy Arms - Day 2 repeated

Weight: 247.5

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I was talking to a woman/new friend online and we were discussing how we're both losing weight (we both started off at over 300 pounds). She asked me for a progress pic so I decided to take a new pic and woah. I haven't taken a shirtless picture of myself in a long time and I didn't realize my body looked this different...If I weren't so shocked, ecstatic, and amazed, I would probably cry haha.
~ almost a year ago ~
Weight: 290
290.png

~ today ~
Weight: 248 (say hi to kitty in background)
248.jpg

I wouldn't have been able to do this without Darebee!!!

• Easy arms - Day 4 repeated

Weight: 248

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
(Monday) 3/20:

• Hiking - 1.33 miles
• Treadmill - 1.45 miles (30 minutes). Highest heart rate: 195. Average: 179. Heart rate was so high due to eating fast food constantly.
• Stair machine - 16 flights, 10 minutes

• Chest press - 3x10, 45 pounds
• Leg press - 3x12, 160 pounds

~ ~ ~

3/22:

• Kickboxing (1hr). Lots of fun! Look forward to doing it again!!!

Weight: 244.0

Last edited:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
3/24

• Stair machine - 15 flights (10 minutes)
• Treadmill - 1.54 miles (30 minutes) - Super happy to have finally reached the 1-mile mark in under 20 minutes on the treadmill!
• Treadmill 2.0 - 1.52 miles (30 minutes)

• Chest press - 4x12 (45 pounds)
• Lateral raises

3/25 (today)
• Ping pong - 1 hr

Today was pretty tiring in general. Walked a lot, also did air hockey and pool, ate dinner with someone, went to the grocery store. I'm so busy lately.

Weight:: 247.3

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Thank you everyone! I didn't expect such reactions from my little comment :) makes me feel nice that you guys are just as happy for me as I am!

Unfortunately, the strep is back. I felt off today and very tired. Decided to go to the gym to "wake myself up". Nopeeee, didn't work at all, had to leave VERY early. Went to the grocery store, and then I got a huge tickle + drainage in my throat, it wouldn't leave. Got back home, checked the mirror, and sure enough, the yellow/white dots have reappeared on my tonsils :(

No wonder I was so exhausted yesterday...I thought it was because I've been so busy/running around so much, but it turns out it was because I'm sick again.

I hope no one at the gym gets strep throat from me.

That said,
• Stair machine - 14 floors (10 minutes)
• Treadmill - 0.5 miles (10 minutes)

Weight: 247.2

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Feeling a bit better today, I expect to get back into exercising again tomorrow. I've realized that I'm the opposite of a homebody - being stuck inside for several days in a row has been killing me!! I so look forward to getting to hike more often now that the weather is getting nicer <3

Have a pic of my cat for now! (He is offended)

IMG_20230329_201418668.jpg

Weight: 252

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
(4/3)

Kickboxing - 1 hour

Oh wow! Last time (my first session), the teacher just taught my friend and I basic movements, I didn't get sweaty, didn't feel exhausted. This time, the teacher let me spar against a bunch of other students, and...wow. First, he forgot to tell them to stick to basic attacks. So the other students kept coming at me with all these things I didn't know about. I got punched and kicked in the face many times lol. One of the guys even kicked me in the eye. Still feel it now just a little. And it was all EXHAUSTING. Omg. It takes sooo much work! I was sweating like crazy and skipped out on about half of the rounds in order to catch my breath and recover.

The whole sparring sessions were just me getting getting my butt handed to me lol. There was only one girl who actually went easy on me. She was such a sweetie. Giving me compliments and throwing very gentle punches. I love her haha.

The teacher says he would almost never put a student into sparring on only their second lesson. It was because I said I wanted violence and I was eager to join in on it all. So lesson learned...I should calm down a little and not be so gung-ho XDD.

I like going though and I'm looking forward to one day not just being a punching bag!!!

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I hope you have protective gear as a beginner :cute:
I'm actually in favor of throwing new students in the water but it should be with experienced students who know how teach and go only one or two levels above what you can do, otherwise you can't keep up and in danger of losing interest, in my opinion.

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Yesterday (4/13)

Hiking - 2.5 miles

I ran for the first time yesterday. I've jogged lightly in the gym and on the trails, but not very much. Yesterday I decided to go as fast as I can and ran! It made me so happy to finally do this!

Today I woke up and was like "Why do my legs hurt? I only did 2 and a half miles yesterday. Did I get that out of shape from not exercising the past month?" Then it dawned on me that it's because I ran for some of it instead of walked lol