Do you wanna dance! Shake it baby!

Froud

Warrior Monk from Brussels
Hello chicos!

We are back! Well, it was not the best holiday but did what we wanted to do! https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjL6h7SAXyJhj_ARpbEUJ98ZMgY-dQ?e=KYn2M8
But we had always this unfortunate business with us as the paperwork and calculation had been poorly done, my better half had to contest and follow up with her now former boss who proved to be not very respectful. A shame.

But, we were also guest at a nice countryside wedding!

And then back to business!

And the life goes on!

Froud

A come back to work team is often hectic! I had to pass yesterday.

Wednesday September the 13th
Friday September the 15th

Enjoy the weekend friends!

Froud

Hello dears!

Once again, we are in a whirlwind of tiny little things to achieved. The rentrée academique has taken place, the classes have started this is a brand new life that is slowly starting.
I am trying to keep up with our forum, I do no like to just hurl my stuff, I want to read about yours!

Monday, September the 18.

Tuesday, September the 19.
On the other side, I have replaced my Kindle and moved to a non Amazon platform: Vivlio. An e-reader build in France. Let us what will be the experience :)

Cheri-o

Froud

Well well well, I have been a bad bad bee!
I need some time to adjust to such a schedule.

Yesterday was nice!

wake up 5.00
Patton's walk 5.17
Darebee 6.28
Work 6.55
Shower 7.20 (do not judge)
10.30 Therapist
11.30 work (and walk Patton - Monty was sleeping)
12.00 forgot to eat.
12.20 doing unpleasant work.
15.30 walk Patton
17.00 take the train to Louvain La Neuve (journey spent on the phone with our travel agency as the train ticket for a colleague that was going on a mission were not received)
18.30 Class (Didactique générale)
20.30 miss the train back
21.04 Train
22.11 bus to home
22.24 Home.
22.25 Patton had thrown up in the sofa
22.26 Walk Patton
27.17 Clean the mess
23.30 eat
00.45 sleep

This was yesterday morning
I could not do it this morning, I will perhaps do it this afternoon.

Cheers!

Froud

I'd love an update once you are familiar with Vivlio!
So!

Pretty good e reader, sleek and all.
A bit of latency but nothing to be bothered of. I get some free e-books which is a nice gesture.

As I am a Belgian citizen and resident, I can not make a purchase on Vivlio website. So I am logged with my Club.be account, I can see my purchase in a browser, on the myVivlio app, but not on the reader.
It must be downloaded on a computer and uploaded through USB on the reader. It is a bit of a chipotage but I do not mind too much.

The cover is really nice!

Have a nice day!

EDIT: I changed my address in my account for a friend's. Now I live in Lille.

Last edited:

Froud

Haha thank you!

Vivlio has a good range, but the thing is you can buy from any store that sells e-books as the e-reader accepts a lot of different formats.
There is an extra step if you have a book with an adobe drm or if it is an e-book from Amazon, but it is done in a minute.

And good habits this morning!

Have a good one!

Last edited:

Froud

Froud

Hello Bees!

Sorry for my absence, the last months were a bumpy ride between the job, my colleague's sickness that required I have to cover for her, the classes and the traineeship in a school, well, I had been a bit overwhelmed.

We are taking a break in Boston, and I will be back with my energy replenished!

It might be a bit soon for some, a bit late for others and right on time for the remainder: I wish you all the best for 2024! A lot of happiness, of time spent with your loved ones, and do what bees do!

Happy new year friends!

Froud

Happy New Year beautiful people!
I am back in black (hear the bells in the background)

No more excuse, let us do some workout!

You missed me a ton! But being such a lazy ass, I did not dare to show my cutie face here.

I hope you had great times and 2024 will be a good one!

Cheeri-O

Froud

You missed me a ton!
Of course, in correct English, it tranlate to I miss you a ton. I am a lot of thing but I am not an infatuated pretentious pompous @sshœl. :)
I might have been emotional and leting go my inner french a bit much.

Ouch, I got a lot of stifness in my old and fluby body :) but that felt so good, except in the hips!
My bicyle is out of order for now, I run over a piece of glass, it shattered the tire, the tube is punctured, some beams are broken and the rim is out of axe. Yeah!

Have a good one friends

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Poor bicycle! Hope you can have it repaired fairly easily., but looks like it took a beating. Hope you didn't get hurt when it happened.
And grins for the "French" showing up in the construction of the "miss" phrase, it is an awkward one for us Francophones! (for you anglos, we say it the way @Froud wrote it - the person who's being "missed" first, and then the person experiencing the feeling second, "tu me manque" , litteraly "you" "I" "miss" for I miss you). Little French lesson done! Pardon my French for those who already knew.
ETA : and heavens know I have made the same mistake a few times before imprinting the order in the english subsection of my already little brain ;)

Last edited:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Poor bicycle! Hope you can have it repaired fairly easily., but looks like it took a beating. Hope you didn't get hurt when it happened.
And grins for the "French" showing up in the construction of the "miss" phrase, it is an awkward one for us Francophones! (for you anglos, we say it the way @Froud wrote it - the person who's being "missed" first, and then the person experiencing the feeling second, "tu me manque" , litteraly "you" "I" "miss" for I miss you). Little French lesson done! Pardon my French for those who already knew.
ETA : and heavens know I have made the same mistake a few times before imprinting the order in the english subsection of my already little brain ;)
So was it just a froud-ian slip?

Froud

Not yet, the vélociste was on holiday :)
And I had onjy noticed the sound of the tire to be honnest. But it is a pain in the nek, I must use the public transportation to go to work!

Merci pour la leçon de français :)
I will spend some time on our belgicismes for good measure!

So was it just a froud-ian slip?
If you allow, I will borrow it :)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I have been meaning to ask about this. I know that is how the phrase is said in French. But I thought "me" was the first person objective pronoun, like "me" in English. Whereas "je" = "I" = first person nominative. Non? Also, I see it always written as "tu me manques" which is the correct conjugation if "tu" is indeed the subject. Is this not correct?

I understand the phrasing with other verbs. Like:
I see you >> Je te vois
You see me >> Tu me vois

But manquer is weird.
Why is it weird?

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
My bad regarding conjugation, it is "tu me manques" ! There is this terrific website for French verbs, you put in the verb and have the conjugations. I use it when I am in doubt ;)
example with manquer:
https://leconjugueur.lefigaro.fr/php5/index.php?verbe=manquer
And not sure about nominative and objective, as you say this is a weird expression!
Sorry, @Froud , your thread got hijacked about French expressions and grammar, LOL!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."

Froud

Haha ladies, the pleasure was mine! I love languages and subtleties like this.
A bit less sexy, but very useful: www.cnrtl.fr, it brings you really deep within lexicography, etymology, and other friends...

@PetiteSheWolf Le Conjugeur is a must :)

Sorry about your bicycle @Froud . Glad you are okay though!
Thank you :D

Night night :)

Froud

Oi!

Busy end of the week!
Here is this morning menu:

Hell'o neighbour, you do great these days!
We do some french lessons here? :-D
Continue the good work and take care.
Thank you :)
I am in for Dutch and German lessons as well!

Oooh, interesting link, thank you!
Tout le plasir est pour moi!

Froud

Hello friends :)

I forgot to log my Monday's log:
Today:

Sorry I am not very consistent with the forum. I am working at 250% to cover for colleagues who are sick of who have left.

Have a nice day!