Exercising towards a better tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @TopNotch @Fremen @BetaCorvi @Lady Celerity @Laura Rainbow Dragon @JCU @roman

Just a little bit today, got up late (I was having a weird dream about a movie set in a training camp for teenage spies) and have to go out soon:-

Day 7 of Warrior Abs done (With 30 Plank Punches),
Day 1 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

Yesterdays soup worked out well, it was basically a big bowl of Cauliflower Cheese you could drink, finishing it off for dinner tonight.
See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @Matan @Froud

Been a couple of days, caught a bad cold and didn't feel up to doing much of anything. Still feeling pretty rough but since I was up early (Been looking after a poorly Housemate through the night) I thought I'd try a bit.
Probably a bad idea since I feel even rougher now:-

Chapter 38 of Age of Pandora started (This was a biggie so I only did half, will do the other half another day),
Day 8 of Warrior Abs done,
Day 2 of Baseline done (3 sets).

A quiet rest of the day beckons, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @Lallafa @Lady Celerity @JCU @Laura Rainbow Dragon - Still not feeling too great, but I'm getting there slowly.

Managed a little bit of exercise today before I got too out of puff:-

40 Leg Raises (EotD) done (Over 3 sets),
Day 9 of Warrior Abs done (Plus 30 Leg Circles),
Day 3 of Baseline done (3 sets).

Another day of waiting for workmen (One day I will be free of them), see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @CODawn @f1shtacular

Getting fed up with this cold, I'm mostly better but I'm very tired and still getting short of breath easily.
I did feel up to doing a little bit of exercising today though:-

60 Balance Leg Swings (EotD) done (In one go, my balance was pretty good today),
Day 10 of Warriors Abs done (With Housemate),
Day 4 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

Gotta start catching up with all the chores I've been putting off lately, see y'all tomorrow hopefully!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @Tileenah
@PetiteSheWolf - It's this recipe (Smoky Sausage Casserole) but done in a slow cooker (I also threw in a sweet potato and left off the breadcrumbs).

Another day done:-
2 Minutes Jumping Jacks (EotD) done (Done in 2 sets),
Chapter 38 of Age of Pandora finished (Had to split the second set into two, I was too tired),
Day 12 of Warrior Abs done (Plus the 30 Leg Raises I missed yesterday),
Day 6 of Baseline done (Housemate did the ones that didn't require standing up).

And that's it for today, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Only a little bit of exercise today, didn't sleep too well last night and ended up going back to bed for a bit this morning.

Day 13 of Warrior Abs done (With 30 Reverse Crunches),
Day 7 of Baseline done (With Housemate).

Going to spend the rest of the day trying not to fall asleep! See y'all tomorrow.

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
@Tileenah - Thanks! I'm trying hard to not be lazy.

20 Push-ups (EotD) done (In 2 sets, managed proper Push-ups, although I still can't get all the way to the floor),
Chapter 39 of Age of Pandora done (Could only manage 3 sets, all those High Knees wore me out, Not happy with Big Bertha, don't like accidentally killing people),
Day 14 of Warrior Abs done (With Housemate),
Day 8 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

Had pizza for dinner last night. I'd noticed with the last couple I'd had that they didn't fill me up, so this time I got the biggest, cheesiest, stuff-crustiest one I could find, but I still practically inhaled the dang thing :giveup:. Pizza is going to have to be a very rare treat in future.
See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
@TopNotch - Exactly!

Tired again, just not sleeping well at the moment (Doesn't help that one of my neighbours has decided that first thing in the morning is the best time to play with their wood-chipper :mad:), luckily today is a light exercise day anyways:-

40 Reverse Angels (EotD) done (In one go, did mine standing up though),
Day 9 of Baseline done (With Housemate),
Day 15 of Warrior Abs done (Keep forgetting the extras, they're too far down on the page!).

See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Can't win at the moment, first I can't sleep and now I can't stop sleeping! (That's why I missed yesterday I was asleep :zzz:)

Luckily, I'm not doing much today so it didn't matter that I overslept:-

60 Climber Taps (EotD) done (Over 3 sets),
Chapter 40 of Age of Pandora started (Going to be stuck on this one for a while I think, did 150/600 Squats, 60/100 Plank Walk-outs, 60/200 Climber Taps),
Day 16 of Warrior Abs done (With Housemate),
Day 10 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

Another new recipe for dinner tonight, Pork and Pear Casserole, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
A very light day today, tried doing the Exercise of the Day but after one my wrist thought it was a very silly idea and I couldn't think of something to replace it!

Day 17 of Warrior Abs done (Plus 30 Reverse Crunches),
Day 11 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

And that's it, I'll try harder tomorrow.
Last nights casserole worked out well, I was a little worried because it had a whole bottle of cider in it (Neither the Housemate or I are keen on the old alcohol), but it was really tasty!
See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
The thing about cooking with alcoholic beverages is that generally, the alcohol is removed by the cooking process and you're just left with the flavour - which is why you should never cook with a wine you wouldn't drink.
Fortunately or unfortunately, I've yet to find a wine that doesn't taste 'orrible to me, so I just use the cheapest little bottle I can find when a recipe calls for it.

Nope, that's just a common myth. It's reduced a bit but you need to cook your meal for several hours to reduce the alcohol to almost nothing. That's nothing to worry about for the average adult but for everybody at risk.
That's surprising, because that casserole I made had half a litre of cider in it but I couldn't taste the alcohol, guess it must have been the type I used.

Another week wrapped up:-
80 Elbow Strikes (EotD) done (In one go with the Housemate),
Day 40 of Age of Pandora continued (300/600 Squats, 90/100 Plank Walk-outs and 90/200 Climber Taps),
Day 18 of Warrior Abs done (With Housemate),
Day 12 of Baseline done (With Housemate).

Making Chicken Pasties for dinner, although I'm not brave enough to make my own pastry yet, see y'all tomorrow!

HellYeah

"On the Run!"
Nope, that's just a common myth. It's reduced a bit but you need to cook your meal for several hours to reduce the alcohol to almost nothing. That's nothing to worry about for the average adult but for everybody at risk.
I also got that info, in a educational meeting about "pre-natal-alcohol-syndrom". I wasn't sure about the intensity, so I did a quick internet search, that's what I found:
After:
1 min cooking ~85% of the original alcohol left
25min cooking ~45% of the original alcohol left
2.5h cooking ~5% of the original alcohol left

No guarantee, cause internet.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
45% (if number is true of course) , assuming a mid-time simmering sauce or dish, is already a good lowering down. Cider, if you mean apple cider (French apple cider), is between 2 and 8% alcool, quite light ; I realize that as French I come from a relatively alcohol-persmissive culture, but I was autorised to get a cup of apple cider very early on, way before a glass of wine.
Now, I can understand being muuuuuuch more conservative in regard to alcohol for lots of reasons, including pregnancy.

And for cooking, I was always taught to use good wine / good alcohol in it, and it does make a difference of taste!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Still very tired, I've switched from sleeping too much to not enough again and it's starting to get me down.
Managed a little exercising though:-

2 Minutes Chest Expansions (EotD) done (Over 2 sets with Housemate),
Day 40 of Age of Pandora continued (400/600 Squats, 100/100 Plank Walk-outs and 120/200 Climber Taps),
Day 19 of Warrior Abs done,
Day 13 of Baseline done (2 sets with Housemate).

See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
My poor calves! The Half Jacks really got them today.

2 Minutes Half Jacks (EotD) done (In 2 sets),
Day 1 of Warrior Arms done (Forgot to look for optional bits),
Day 20 of Warrior Abs done (With Housemate),
Day 14 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

Feeling a lot better, didn't wake up tired for a change! Gotta catch up with my chores now, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Another day off to a good start, yay!

2 Minutes Stretch Hold (EotD) done (Over 2 sets, surprised myself with how low I got),
Chapter 40 of Age of Pandora continued (550/600 Squats and 180/200 Climber Taps, should get this wrapped up tomorrow I don't think I'm going to earn enough money to complete this chapter though, so I don't know how to sort that out),
Day 21 of Warrior Abs done (Plus 30 Leg Circles),
Day 2 of Warrior Arms done (With Housemate),
Day 15 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

Doing some gardening today, we brought some plants yesterday, going to see if we can get the garden looking a bit more inviting.
See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Ah, the famous Chapter 40 of Pandora!

In short, you stop there and do side quests until you got enough point. I know I started early doing side missions to grab points on the fly, but still had to spend a few additional days there to round it up!

Yeah, I only discovered today that I can use the map to find side quests :saywhat:, unfortunately I also spent all my money buying things to try and work out what they did :giveup:

50 Reverse Plank Kicks (EotD) done (Over 2 sets, so hard!),
Chapter 40 of Age of Pandora continued (I kinda screwed up on this one, so I'm going to be stuck here story-wise for a while still),
Day 22 of Warrior Abs done (With Housemate),
Day 3 of Warrior Arms done,
Day 16 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

Plants got planted yesterday, just gotta wait and see if they do anything, see y'all tomorrow!

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I didn't do that program yet and I haven't read the screened bits but good luck with Pandora

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @Gandhalfit

It's the weekend! :celeb:
2 minutes Shoulder Taps (EotD) done (Over 2 sets with Housemate, we both have noodlely arms now :ragdoll:),
Chapter 40 of Age of Pandora done (I just wanted this done, so I cheated Made a start on some side quests today, realised it would take at least a couple of weeks at my pace to get enough scraps, so I gave up),
Day 23 of Warrior Abs done (With 30 Flutter Kicks),
Day 4 of Warrior Arms done (With Housemate),
Day 17 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @Gandhalfit - Enjoy yours too!

Another week wrapped up, with only one (I think) missed day :yas:
2 Minutes Balance Hold (EotD) done (Over two sets, only lost my balance a few times),
Chapter 41 of Age of Pandora done (At level 1, happy to finally be making progress again),
Day 24 of Warrior Abs done (With Housemate),
Day 5 of Warrior Arms done,
Day 18 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

Quiet day of painting skeletons today, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
So. Much. Punching! My arms are beyond noodlely at the moment.

10 Cross Tricep Extensions (EotD) done (Had to do this on my knees, couldn't lift myself up otherwise),
Chapter 42 of Age of Pandora done (At level 1),
Day 25 of Warrior Abs done (Plus a Hollow Hold),
Day 6 of Warrior Arms done (With Housemate),
Day 19 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

Might got some snow today, so going to get the grocery shopping done early, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
@Gandhalfit - Yes I did :yas:
@Lady Celerity - They're just more of the models I paint, and I didn't get as much done as I'd like so they don't look like much at the moment.

Feeling pretty queasy this morning for some reason, so didn't do too much:-
Day 26 of Warrior Abs done (With Housemate),
Day 7 of Warrior Arms done,
Day 20 of Baseline done (3 sets with Housemate).

No snow yesterday or today :(, gotta wait until next winter now.
Sweet Potato soup for dinner this Soup Tuesday, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Snow! :worried: Only lasted for about 5 minutes though.

Chapter 43 of Age of Pandora done (At level 1 I saved the boy, let's see how that plays out),
Day 27 of Warrior Abs done (Plus 30 Plank Punches),
Day 8 of Warrior Arms done,
Day 21 of Baseline done (3 sets).

Got leftover soup for dinner, luckily it's very tasty!
See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
@Lady Celerity - Didn't stick around though, got horrible old rain now.

Afternoon exercising! :dancy:
Was just too tired this morning, but was also determined not to miss a day:-

60 Seconds Squat Hold Calf Raises (EotD) done (In one go, even though my legs weren't happy about it),
Day 28 of Warrior Abs done (With Housemate),
Day 9 of Warrior Arms done,
Day 22 of Baseline done (2 sets with Housemate).

Time to make dinner now, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Ouch! Really hurt myself doing Squats, so I had to cut it short today:-

5 Minutes Raised Arm Hold (EotD) attempted (Managed 2 sets of 2 minutes),
Chapter 44 of Age of Pandora attempted (Got over 300 done before my legs gave out),
Day 29 of Warrior Abs attempted (1 set with 10 Leg Circles, I did get very close to actually doing a Sit-Up though!),
Day 10 of Warrior Arms attempted (1 set with Housemate),
Day 23 of Baseline attempted (1 set with Housemate).

Gonna try and get caught up tomorrow (If my legs are up to it), see y'all then!