Steadfast as the Hills of Stone

Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
Thanks, @Fremen , @JohnStrong , @Anek , @Nanna Io , @JCU , @Silent Wolf , @TopNotch , @Sif_Shepard , @NancyTree , @CODawn , @Froud , @Louve Rose !

Thursday, November 24

Midday
-- Day 27 of Hard Reset Cardio

Evening
-- 3x90 punches | day 7 of Power Punch

Friday, November 25

Midday
-- 120 calf raises | day 30 of Impact | :completed: | this is the hardest challenge I've done so far :phew:
-- Day 27 of Hard Reset Strength

This day we went to Nyíregyháza to spend the weekend with my family as an early Christmas celebration. My brother-in-law works as a waiter and Christmas time will be very busy for him, so with my sister they decided it's better if they both come home from Vienna, even if it's far too early to celebrate Christmas, than my sister coming alone in December. I hoped I would finally get fully rested this weekend, but eating too much chocolate and cake (and just too much in general :D ) interfered with that. At least I was able to go running, and the change of scene was refreshing!

Saturday, November 26

Morning
-- 12 km run

Afternoon
-- 2 min punches | day 8 of Power Punch

Mianevem

Sunday, November 27

Before breakfast
-- 5 km run

Midday
-- 3x100 punches | day 9 of Power Punch

Monday, November 28

Midday
-- 2 min punches | day 10 of Power Punch
-- Day 28 of Hard Reset Cardio | lvl I

Afternoon
-- Day 1 Of Epic Five | cardio
-- Cheetah | lvl III

Late afternoon
-- Day 28 of Hard Reset Strength

Tuesday, November 29

Before breakfast
-- 7 km run | counted for day 29 of Hard Reset Cardio

Midday
-- Day 2 of Epic Five | upper body strength
-- Day 29 of Hard Reset Strength | lvl I | 7 kg dumbbells

Evening
-- Days 11-29 of Power Punch

Mianevem

Wednesday, November 30

Morning
-- 7 km run

Midday
-- Day 3 of Epic Five | lower body strength
-- Day 30 of Hard Reset Strength | lvl I | 7 kg dumbbells | :completed:

Late afternoon
-- 2 min punches | day 30 of Power Punch | :completed:

Evening
-- Day 30 of Hard Reset Cardio | indoor option | :completed:

Thursday, December 1

Before breakfast
-- Day 1 of Fit December
-- Day 4 of Epic Five | abs & core
-- 3x10 lunge step-ups | day 1 of Step Up

Friday, December 2

Midday
-- 5 min raised arm hold | day 5 of Epic Five | challenge
-- 30 sec lunge step-ups | day 2 of Step Up | with 0.75 kg ankle weights
-- Day 2 of Fit December

Mianevem

Saturday, December 3

Morning
-- 1 hr 15 min bike ride to Solymár

Afternoon
-- 1 hr 25 min bike ride back home

Late afternoon
-- 4x10 lunge step-ups | day 3 of Step Up

Evening
-- 40 jumping jacks | day 3 of Fit December | hall pass #1

This day we visited my boyfriend's family, and I decided to go by bike. I arrived there sooner than my boyfriend, and his grandpa didn't recognise me with my helmet on. :LOL:
The ride was tough because I'm not used to elevation, especially not on a bike. I had to get off and walk a few times. And going downwards was even worse! I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to stop in time if there was a car or a pedestrian--or I would simply fall. My boyfriend just laughed at me when I admitted this afterwards. He grew up in that hilly area and biked on those slopes with his brake barely even working. On the other hand, I used to live in a very flat region of the country and never learned how to deal with elevation. :LOL: Since then I've understood that my posture wasn't helping, and after correcting that, riding downwards is a bit less scary.

Sunday, December 4

Morning
-- 8 km run

Midday
-- Day 6 of Epic Five | cardio & abs

Evening
-- 30 sec lunge step-ups | day 4 of Step Up
-- 40 jumping jacks | day 4 of Fit December | hall pass #2

Monday, December 5

Midday
-- Day 5 of Fit December
-- Day 7 of Epic Five | upper body strength
-- 3x12 lunge step-ups | day 5 of Step Up

Mianevem

Tuesday, December 6

Before breakfast
-- 7 km run

Midday
-- 30 sec lunge step-ups | day 6 of Step Up
-- Day 6 of Fit December
-- Day 8 of Epic Five | lower body strength

Late afternoon
-- Gaia

Wednesday, December 7

Before breakfast

Midday
-- Day 9 of Epic Five | abs & core
-- 4x12 lunge step-ups | day 7 of Step Up
-- Day 7 of Fit December

Evening
-- 8 km run

After the run (which was more intense than what's usual for me these days) I went to bed without eating. I know that's not recommended, but I simply wasn't hungry and didn't think my run was that intense. Then I couldn't fall asleep because I was dizzy and nauseous. At first I thought I had an upset stomach, because that happens to me occasionally for no real reason. But it was strange that I had no pain in my stomach, lower abdomen or lower back. Only after I took a pill for the nausea did it come to my mind that all the symptoms pointed towards low blood sugar levels. :shake: So I went to the kitchen in the middle of the night, and realised that despite being a runner, I had no quick carb sources available… apart from chocolate, but that's not ideal because of the fat content. Luckily, my boyfriend likes to make his own soft drink from syrup, and even more luckily, last time he bought one that didn't have a lowered sugar content. So I made a dense drink from that. That wasn't enough, however, so I took a slice of bread (wholemeal, so not the quickest, but still a good carb source), smeared the last drops of honey we had on it, and that was my midnight snack. And then I was fine. :LOL:

One more reason to prefer morning runs, I guess... But soon I'll have longer long runs again, and then I'll always have quick carbs around anyway. Or I could simply just have a proper dinner if I do run in the evening. :p

Thursday, December 8

Morning
-- 30 sec lunge step-ups | day 8 of Step Up
-- 5 min side leg raises | day 10 of Epic Five | challenge
-- Day 8 of Fit December

Mianevem

Friday, December 9

Midday
-- Day 11 of Epic Five | cardio
-- Day 9 of Fit December

Afternoon
-- 3x14 lunge step-ups | day 9 of Step Up | with 0.75 kg ankle weights
-- Limit Breaker | lvl III

Saturday, December 10

Before breakfast

Midday
-- 16 km run

Afternoon
-- Day 12 of Epic Five | upper body & core
-- 30 sec lunge step-ups | day 10 of Step Up | with 0.75 kg ankle weights
-- Day 10 of Fit December

Late afternoon
-- Gaia | with EC

Sunday, December 11

Morning
-- 7 km run

Midday
-- Day 13 of Epic Five | lower body strength
-- 4x14 lunge step-ups | day 11 of Step Up
-- 40 jumping jacks | day 11 of Fit December | hall pass #3

Mianevem

Thank you, @HellYeah !

Monday, December 12

Late afternoon
-- Day 14 of Epic Five | abs
-- 30 sec lunge step-ups | day 12 of Step Up
-- Day 12 of Fit December

Tuesday, December 13

Before breakfast

Midday
-- 8 km run

At some point during the day
-- 40 jumping jacks | day 13 of Fit December | hall pass #4

Wednesday, December 14

Midday
-- 8 km run

Evening
-- 40 jumping jacks | day 14 of Fit December | hall pass #5

Mianevem

Thursday, December 15

Afternoon
-- 40 jumping jacks | day 15 of Fit December | hall pass #6

Apart from work, I spent most of the day cleaning the flat because I had guests in the evening. It seems the cat's not too shy of them anymore, he allowed to be petted several times!

Friday, December 16

Morning
-- 5 min jumping jacks | day 15 of Epic Five | challenge
-- 615 more jumping jacks for a banana ornament

Late afternoon
-- 3x13 lunge step-ups | day 13 of Step Up
-- Day 16 of Fit December

Saturday, December 17

Before breakfast

Midday
-- 11 km run

Late afternoon
-- Day 17 of Fit December

Mianevem

Mianevem

Wednesday, December 21

Morning
-- 8 km run

Midday
-- Day 19 of Epic Five | abs
-- 3x20 lunge step-ups | day 21 of Step Up

Late afternoon
-- Day 21 of Fit December

The evening before I was out drinking with the group I'll be going to a D&D themed LARP with in February. Then we all went to another place to join the welcome party of two friends who have just returned from Finland after half a year. And then next day I noticed that I had lost all my documents plus my bank card somewhere during the evening... I went back to both places but the staff didn't find them. I was very angry with myself... I had to lock my bank card and if it wasn't for my boyfriend, I would have been left without any money for about a week, because without any documents left that I can verify my identity with, I could not request a new bank card. To get a new ID card, I needed a birth certificate, which I don't normally have around either... It was lucky that we planned to visit my mother after Christmas anyway, because she had two original excerpts that I could take to the government office.

Thursday, December 22

Morning
-- Day 22 of Fit December
-- 30 sec lunge step-ups | day 22 of Step Up

Midday
-- 5 min punches | day 20 of Epic Five | challenge

On top of the whole ordeal with the lost documents, someone tried to steal my bike this day. We spent the evening at friends (we made cheese fondue; it was sooo delicious!), and when it was time to go home, I found that someone had pulled out the saddle from my bike, as if they hoped they could then lift the whole bike out of the chains... Luckily no parts were stolen or damaged.

Friday, December 23

Midday
-- Day 21 of Epic Five | cardio & abs
-- Day 23 of Fit December

Late afternoon
-- 4x20 lunge step-ups | day 23 of Step Up

Evening
-- 40 min walk

Mianevem

Thank you, @Fremen , @Haleth !

Saturday, December 24

Morning
-- 21.5 km run

-- 40 jumping jacks | day 24 of Fit December | hall pass #7

Apart from my long run, my boyfriend and I spent the whole day baking cakes and cookies for Christmas. :ss:

Sunday, December 25

Morning
-- 1 hr 15 min bike ride to Solymár to spend Christmas with my boyfriend's family

Evening
-- Day 25 of Fit December

Monday, December 26

Midday
-- 25 min walk

Afternoon
-- 1 hr 15 min bike ride back home

Late afternoon
-- 15 min walk

-- 40 jumping jacks | day 26 of Fit December | hall pass #8

Mianevem

Tuesday, December 27

Afternoon
-- Day 27 of Fit December

This day we went to Nyíregyháza to visit my mother. My eldest sister also joined us with her husband and the three children in the evening. :heart:

Wednesday, December 28

Morning
-- 8 km run

Midday
-- 45 min walk

Sometime during the day
-- 40 jumping jacks | day 28 of Fit December | hall pass #9

The document issue got sorted this day! I have a temporary ID card now while I wait for the proper one to be shipped. Luckily, it was an option to ask them to ship it to a government office in Budapest instead of either me having to travel back to Nyíregyháza again or my mother having to send it via post which no one really trusts.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

Mianevem

Thanks, @lofivelcro ! Yeah, I used the 3-hour-long train ride to finally catch up with myself on the Hive… It's somehow easier to keep up a workout streak than a logging streak. :chat:

Thank you, @Silent Wolf !

Thanks, @NancyTree ! I've since then requested a new bank card, and I should now have more than enough cash to make it until the card's shipped, so everything should be fine now. :)

Thanks, @TopNotch !

Friday, December 30

Before breakfast

Midday

-- 30 sec lunge step-ups | day 30 of Step Up | :completed:
-- Day 30 of Fit December
-- Day 23 of Epic Five | lower body strength

I don't know what's going on, but my bike's front light was stolen tonight…

Saturday, December 31

Morning
-- 20 km run

Midday
-- 40 jumping jacks | day 31 of Fit December | hall pass #10

We spent New Year's Eve at my boyfriend's former housemate playing board games. It was fun! And because we didn't sleep there but came home after midnight, I've already done my first workout in the new year as a 7 km bike ride. :ss:

Happy New Year, everyone! :fireworks:

Mianevem

Thanks, @JCU , @NancyTree , @Fremen , @TopNotch , @Haleth , @Anek , @lofivelcro , @AnnieW , @Silent Wolf !

I thought stealing bike parts was a Dutch problem
Petty theft like that is common enough in Hungary that I don't know how I could be so naïve that I didn't bother taking off the lights...

Sunday, January 1

Midday
-- 2 min warmup run
-- 5 min intense run
-- 2 min cooldown run

Late afternoon
-- 3x1 min march steps | day 1 of The Guardian | subquest: all clear

My next race will be a half marathon on April 24, and as I did with my previous HM races, I'll use Garmin's coach feature to prepare for it again. Coincidentally, the earliest day I could do the training plan's first run (which is just a 9-min benchmark run) was Jan 1. I did this run on the track in the park in front of our flat, and because of the mild weather (I seriously considered going out in just a T-shirt...) and it being the first day of the new year, there were a lot of runners outside. On the one hand I like this pleasant weather because the cold and I aren't friends, but on the other it's much less crowded outside on harsher winter days, which would also be great...

And I had more workouts planned for today, but my boyfriend and I are already at a point where we don't handle it well whe we stay up later than usual. :bored:

Mianevem

Thank you, @Sif_Shepard , @Maly , @CODawn !

Monday, January 2

Morning
Stride repeats:
-- 10 min warmup run
-- 8x: 20 sec sprint | 45 sec jog
-- 10 min cooldown run

Midday
-- Day 24 of Epic Five | abs & core
-- Afterglow | almost with EC, I ran out of strength at the very last pose

Afternoon
-- Day 2 of The Guardian | with 0.75 kg ankle weights | subquest: all clear
-- 30 push-ups

When I came back from the run, an elderly lady was chatting with the caretaker of the building at the entrance. She had a rather big dog without a leash on who started barking as soon as I opened the main door. He then either accidentally booped my knee or tried to gently bite me. His owner was too busy talking to even notice. The dog was wagging his tail, so I suppose he wasn't aggressive, but still, I'd rather give my consent before I get a dog's saliva on my leggings… and why do people walk their dogs without a leash in a crowded city if they know the dog is easily excited? A few years ago I was walking somewhere in the evening when it was already dark, and a black dog appeared out of nowhere, running towards me and barking loudly. I got so scared I literally jumped on the fence next to me. The owner got there quickly and said sorry several times to which I answered "no problem" with a smile, but in retrospect I should've just told her to put a leash on her dog…

To end the post with a good dog, here's a picture of my boyfriend's family's Maltese asking for belly rubs.

IMG_20221008_165845_25.jpg

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
I'm sorry for the dog encounter.

Here it's a problem that dogs aren't properly trained, and owners still walk them without a leash. Most of the times it's not a 'sorry' but an excuse that the dog's behaviour is okay. Like 'he doesn't do anything', well, yes he does, he's racing straight at me and jumps at me. They most of the time mean 'he doesn't bite', but the other behaviour can be just as intimidating or hurtful.

Luckily there are also cute dogs 😊 your boyfriend's family dog looks cute!

Mianevem

It's as you say, @NancyTree , @PetiteSheWolf . The owners probably don't want random people to go to their dogs and pet them without asking, so the dogs shouldn't be allowed to go to people whenever they want. I don't necessarily mind, because if a dog appears and wants to be petted, I'm all for it, but I have a friend whose brother was attacked by a dog when she was little, and she's instinctively afraid of every dog ever since. A simple "sorry" and "don't worry, the dog doesn't bite" wouldn't excuse the huge stress such an encounter would cause her. Or to the dog if someone hurt him out of fear…

Tuesday, January 3

Morning
-- 90 min easy run

Midday
-- 5 min calf raise hold | day 25 of Epic Five | challenge

Late afternoon
-- 3x1 min march steps | day 3 of The Guardian | with 0.75 kg ankle weights | subquest: all clear

Evening
-- Day 1 of Power HIIT | lvl I | 3 kg dumbbells

Wednesday, January 4

Before breakfast
-- 45 min easy run

Midday
-- Day 26 of Epic Five | cardio

Afternoon
-- Day 4 of The Guardian | with 0.75 kg ankle weights | subquest: 100 goblins | finally some action!

Mianevem

Thanks, @Nevetharine ! :D That's a fitting gif because my boyfriend and I call workouts "jumpy-bumpy" sessions and he often makes fun of me doing certain exercises by exaggerating my movements. :p

winnie the pooh GIF

Thursday, January 5

Morning
Speed repeats:
-- 15 min warmup
-- 6x: 1 min fast pace (4:41-4:53) | 1 min jog
-- 6x: 30 sec faster pace (4:03-4:16) | 1 min jog
-- 15 min cooldown

Midday
-- Day 27 of Epic Five | upper body strength

Late afternoon
-- 3x1 min march steps | day 5 of The Guardian | with 0.75 kg ankle weights | subquest: all clear

Friday, January 6

Before breakfast
-- Day 28 of Epic Five | lower body strength
-- Day 6 of The Guardian | with 0.75 kg ankle weights | subquest: all clear

Midday
-- Day 2 of Power HIIT | lvl I | 3 kg dumbbells

Afternoon
-- My Happy Place | except that I ended up napping instead of meditating…

Mianevem

Saturday, January 7

Before breakfast
-- Day 29 of Epic Five | abs & core

Yeah, that was all for today. And I also biked a bit (about 15 km I think?) to get to a board game store where my boyfriend bought me new dice as an early birthday gift, then to a café for some fancy coffee and cake, then to the place where we usually have our d&d sessions (so I could instantly try my new dice!) and then back home.

Mianevem

Thanks, @Lallafa ! They've mostly been nice to me, but that doesn't help much if the adventure takes such a turn that we have to keep rolling with disadvantage… :expecting:

Sunday, January 8

Before breakfast
-- 45 min easy run

Midday
-- 5 min wall-sit hold | day 30 of Epic Five | challenge

Late afternoon
-- 3x2 min march steps | day 7 of The Guardian | subquest: all clear | this castle's been very peaceful so far…

Evening
-- Day 3 of Power HIIT | lvl III | 6 kg kettlebell