Stronger everyday

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Day #100! (Mobile update)

Classic Warmup ✔
Ironborn 23/30
Push-up Ladder 3/30
✝ Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan 47/366
✝ 90-day challenge 33/90

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Day #101 (Saturday)

Program/ChallengeProgress
Phantom Workout
Push-up Ladder4/30
✝ 90-day challenge34/90

Day #102 (Sunday)

Phantom Workout
Push-up Ladder5/30
✝ 90-day challenge35/90

Day #103

Classic Warmup
Ironborn24/30
Push-up Ladder6/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan47/366
✝ 90-day challenge36/90

@Anek @Lallafa @TopNotch @JCU @roman @aku-chan @HellYeah @Fremen @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Haleth @NancyTree Thank you for the support 🙏😀🙏

Back from a brief family trip and grateful I was able to maintain activity in spite of irregular, out-of-routine circumstances. The kids were amazing even with all the driving we did.

On a different note, I finally stepped up to my pull-up bar and tested to see if I could do any REAL pull-ups (recently finished the pull-up negatives challenge). I could do 3 out of the gates! No kipping, or jumping. Very pleased with that. There's this odd sense, when I reach half-way, that I will fail - and then some other muscle group steps in to take over, lol. Enjoying the fruits of my efforts :)

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Congrats!
I still remember the feeling the first time I managed a pull up. So long ago and never to be repeated, but so awesome!

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Day #105

Classic Warmup
Ironborn26/30
Push-up Ladder8/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan49/366
✝ 90-day challenge38/90

The Push-up ladder challenge is no joke; doing all 3 exercises with only 30s rest time between sets is tough!

I don't want to fall off on my pull-up game, so I'm thinking in 7 days I may start the Pull-up challenge. Things have geared down a touch regarding a move, so I think there will be bandwidth for this. From now on, I'm thinking of always staggering my challenges by 15 days when I stack.

Have a great one bees! 😀🥓☕

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Day #108

Classic Warmup
Ironborn29/30
Push-up Ladder11/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan52/366
✝ 90-day challenge41/90

Day #109

Classic Warmup
Ironborn:completed:
Push-up Ladder12/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan53/366
✝ 90-day challenge42/90

Day #110

Classic Warmup
Cardio Trim1/30; Level 3; 🥈🥇
Push-up Ladder13/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan54/366
✝ 90-day challenge43/90

OOF two days of sanding and painting the office kept me from posting. I don't enjoy painting. I discovered on day 2 that wearing shoes was way easier on my feet. The moving prep continues. Today will be leisurely with only touchups to complete.

Toying with the idea of signing up to a 24-hour gym in the future mostly for a change in environment. But since I don't care about any of the equipment it seems like a steep price to pay for the opportunity to be surrounded by a different set of walls, lol. Maybe there's a community aspect to it? But I exercise so early I doubt there'd be much of a community to chat with 🤷‍♂️ Have a great one bees! 😀🥓☕

Last edited:

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Day #113

Cardio Trim4/30
Push-up Ladder16/30
Pull-Up Challenge lv11/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan57/366
✝ 90-day challenge46/90

Bit of a quiet day of exercise with an active rest day on Cardio Trim. Starting Pull-Up challenge. Various factors make me unsure of the practicality of finishing it, but I'll resolve to proceed with the possibility of abandoning. All good in the name of training :)

Last edited:

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Day #114

Classic Warmup
Cardio Trim5/30
Push-up Ladder17/30
Pull-Up Challenge lv12/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan58/366
✝ 90-day challenge47/90

📚 Nearing the end of Dead Wake by Erik Larson. Very sobering. I've got to shift my mornings towards higher priorities so I'm cutting back on my reading. However, Marketing Made Simple by Donald Miller and The War of Art by Steven Pressfield snuck under the closing door. Coffee with a friend this morning to catch up. Have a great one bees! 😀🥓☕

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
Day #116 (Sunday)

Cardio Trim7/30
Push-up Ladder19/30
Pull-Up Challenge lv14/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan60/366
✝ 90-day challenge49/90

Day #117

Classic Warmup
Cardio Trim8/30
Push-up Ladder19, 20/30
Pull-Up Challenge lv15/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan61/366
✝ 90-day challenge50/90

Well, it's good to know I know myself so well. I am indeed, as predicted in previous weeks, totally annoyed with my challenges! LOL. It has been VERY HARD to get motivated throughout the day to complete my Push-Up Ladder challenge. 900 punches?! Takes me forever. I'm going to try and slow down today so I can give more thought to how I might make this challenge easier to choose. Easier to chip away at.

I think tidying up the growing clutter in my office would really help. Living with chaotic clutter is tantamount to living with the constant buzzing of an emergency alarm no one can figure out how to disarm. I think it's shrinking my patience and sapping my will.

So there's one idea. I think setting milestones throughout the day will ensure I don't get overwhelmed; when I just want to throw up my hands and crumple up the challenge.

In a difficult phase over here! 🤬

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Sometimes the volume of a challenge gets overwhelming. That's why I tend to prefer challenges such as Ninja because it's varied but the same number/time every day. Same with Plank Hero. Perhaps you might like to try one like that.
Clutter in your environment does tend to create clutter in the brain because the eye is overwhelmed by the things it sees. I don't like a completely sterile and featureless environment, but I like tidy. It's relaxing.
I once did an old (and retired) challenge:
url.jpg
That certainly was a challenge and I resolved never to do another like it again!!