Exercising towards a better tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
I've given up a few challenges too. If you dread doing it, it's not worth doing. Glad you've found another challenge. :jacks:

I didn't so much dread it, as my poor noodle arms just weren't up to it!

Light day today:-

Day 42
30 Leg Raises (EotD) done (Over 3 sets),
Days 1, 2 and 3 of 1 Minute Cardio Challenge done (Trying to catch up, did a full minute of Jumping Jacks and Butt Kicks, only got to about 50 seconds of March Twists, I made myself very dizzy! :dizzy:),
Day 14 of Xpress Tone done.

And that's it for today, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Going to have to be careful doing twisty exercises in future, was rather light-headed and a bit headachey all day yesterday.

Another week finished! :yas:

Day 43
40 Side Elbow Plank Rotations (EotD) done (Over 2 sets),
Chapter 29 of Age of Pandora done (At level 1),
Day 15 of Xpress Tone done (With Housemate),
Day 4 and 5 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Couldn't manage 3 days worth today).

Quiet day today, going to feed the ducks later, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Ha for the twists's secundary effects, good to know yourself. I live yoga twists, my back feels so relieved by them, but I understand it depends on the body! Or was it because they were in motion ?

I think it was just because I was trying to do them as fast as possible, don't think my brain liked being whipped back and forth!

Start of a new week!

Day 44
2 Minutes Jumping Jacks (EotD) done (In two 1 minute sets, that's as much jumping as I can do in one go before my ankle starts complaining),
Chapter 30 of Age of Pandora done (At level 1. After 2 sets I had to split the Push-Up/Jump/Chop combo into separate exercises, too much getting up and down! I've chosen to stay and fight),
Days 6 and 7 of 1 Minute Cardio done (High Knees and Half Jacks),
Day 16 of Xpress Tone done.

Got a few Ebay sales to parcel up and post today, I've been having a clear out, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @PetiteSheWolf @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Mianevem @JCU @CODawn @TopNotch @Fremen - It's been a lot of fun so far, I'm already planning to redo it later in the year to see what other choices lead to!

Day 45:-
50 Squats (EotD) done (In one go!),
Chapter 31 of Age of Pandora done (At level 1.),
Day 17 of Xpress Tone done (With Housemate),
Days 8. 9 and 10 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Side Jacks, Jumping T's and Toe Tap Hops).

Having another go at making Onion Soup today (It's my Housemates favourite, but she finds the canned version too salty these days), I've found a recipe that uses a slow cooker so hopefully I can finally get those onions soft enough.
See y'all tomorrow!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Yesterday's Onion Soup turned out okay, still can't get the onions right though
The way to make the onions soft and delicious is to fry them first.

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
@Lady Celerity -Thanks!
@Laura Rainbow Dragon - Thanks for the recipe, that sounds really tasty! I don't have much success frying onions either though, I think I'm too impatient, or it's because I don't use butter or both.

Tried harder today to make up for wimping out a bit yesterday.

Day 47:-
40 Step-Up Lunges (EotD) done (Over 3 sets),
Chapter 32 of Age of Pandora done (At level 1, I'm trying to save the Mountain Men, but I'm beginning to think I should just let those jerks get eaten.)
Days 12, 13 and 14 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Side-to-Side Jumps, Squats and Knee Strikes),
Day 19 of Xpress Tone done (With Housemate).

Horrible frosty day today, don't really want to go out, but I must!
See y'all tomorrow!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @JohnStrong
@Laura Rainbow Dragon - I'll have to try to be more patient next time!

Hello Bees, it's been a few days.
I've learnt an important life lesson, exercise streaks aren't for me. Basically the other week I woke up to no heating, too cold to exercise, so I planned to do a bit later that day, but totally forgot. Next day I realised I'd broken my streak and it depressed the heck out of me, and I just couldn't work up any enthusiasm for exercising.

Was determined to do a bit today though, before I got too out-of-shape again :lazy::-

40 Plank Rotations (EotD) attempted (Managed 20, real struggle to hold a Plank today),
Days 15 and 16 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Climbers (So hard!) and Skiers),
Days 20 and 21 of Xpress Tone done (Only did 2 weight sets though).

Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow, no more counting the days though, see y'all then!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Sometimes it's nice not to count the days. :)

Yes, especially as I seem to be getting a bit OCD in my old age!

Another day done, could only manage two sets of everything, I've gotten fat and lazy over my week off :softz::-

40 Get-Ups (EotD) done (Over 2 sets),
Chapter 33 of Age of Pandora done (Two sets, these were so hard! Saved most of the Mountain Men, just the jerks were killed, so it's win-win!),
Days 17 and 18 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Knees-to-Elbows and Side Leg Raises),
Day 22 of Xpress Tone done (Just the two sets).

Going to be a quiet day today, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Legs were really feeling yesterdays workout, so had a light day today:-

2 Minutes Raised Leg Plank Hold (EotD) done (Did a minute a leg, still had to take a couple breaks though),
Days 19 and 20 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Squat Step-Ups and Straight Leg Bounds),
Day 23 of Xpress Tone done (With Housemate).

And that's it for today, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Tired... Stayed up late to finish Chainsaw Man (I'm not the anime fan I used to be, but the show really grabbed me. Wish more would, then I might actually start making progress getting through my backlog!).
Somehow this gave me more energy for exercising, silly body you never make any sense!

60 Side Kicks (EotD) done (In one go),
Chapter 34 of Age of Pandora done (3 sets),
Days 21, 22 and 23 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Squat Hold Punches (Had to take a couple breaks with these), Lunges with Twists and Windmills),
Day 24 of Xpress Tone done.

Lots of chores to do today, I'll see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Didn't sleep too great last night, so had to do my exercising slowly, kept getting dizzy :charmed::-

2 Minutes High Knees (EotD) attempted (Had to settle for March Steps),
Day 1 of Warrior Abs done (I'm only doing 3 sets of this though),
Day 24 and 25 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Shoulder Taps and Lunge Step-Ups),
Day 25 of Xpress Tone done.

Can't do too much today, waiting for workmen again, so I might try and have a nap, see y'all tomorrow! :night:

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Hurt my back (It was all the getting up and down during the Age of Pandora bits) but I managed to finish everything :yas:

20 Tricep Extensions (EotD) done (Over 2 sets),
Chapter 35 of Age Of Pandora done (At Level 1),
Days 28 and 29 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Jumping Lunges (Still not great at these) and Jump Squats),
Day 3 of Warrior Abs done (With 30 Flutter Kicks, didn't realise there were extra bits on Day 1!),
Day 27 of Xpress Tone done.

Going to rest my back, so it's a quiet day of hobby stuff for me, plus a new recipe for dinner:- Mushroom Stew.
See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @Froud @Lallafa @Lady Celerity @JCU @SkorpionUK @Mianevem @roman @TopNotch - Back is still a little tender today but nothing to worry about, it seems to recover quicker than it used to.

Another day done:-
30 Reverse Crunches (EotD) done (In 3 sets of 10),
Chapter 36 of Age of Pandora done (At level 1. Murderised some bandits.),
Day 30 of 1 Minute Cardio done (Burpees... :sad:),
Day 4 of Warriors Abs done,
Day 28 of Xpress Tone done (Had to split this into two sets, just couldn't do 50 Leg Thingys in one go).

Really enjoyed the 1 Minute Cardio Challenge, going to have to see if there's any more of these "Short" challenges.
Also really enjoyed my Mushroom Stew, the recipe is going in the folder.
See y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
Thanks! @roman @Lady Celerity @Lallafa @JCU @Laura Rainbow Dragon @TopNotch

Another day done:-

2 Minutes Balance Hold (EotD) done (A minute a leg),
Chapter 37 of Age of Pandora done (At level 1),
Day 5 of Warrior Abs done (With a 30 second Hollow Hold),
Day 29 of Xpress Tone done.

Yesterday was a bust, had to wait in most of the day for a phone call (Beginning to understand the allure of a mobile phone), hopefully today will be more productive.
Making a South African Fish Curry for dinner, still determined to find a fish dish I can cook, see y'all tomorrow!

aku-chan

Mage from United Kingdom
How did the fish curry come out? It sounds delicious!

Sadly, I've got to try the recipe another day. Fish didn't smell too healthy when I opened the packet (I think it had been in the freezer too long), so we had to have emergency Instant Ramen for dinner instead :sad:

A light day of exercise today:-
40 Side Plank Rotations (EotD) done (Over 2 sets, had to switch to regular Planks for the second set, couldn't get my lower half off the ground otherwise!),
Day 6 of Warrior Abs done,
Day 30 of Xpress Tone done (All done!).

Had fun doing Xpress Tone, even though I probably didn't do enough reps (I just did 10 or 20 whenever it said 'To fatigue'). Gotta try harder to get my Housemate to actually do these workouts I pick with her in mind though, don't think she even made it halfway through this one.
Trying another new recipe today, Cauliflower and Blue Cheese Soup, hopefully I have more success!
See y'all tomorrow!